Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Organization?

I organise like this:

Types grass, water etc, I put similar types into the one box eg - rock/ground

Then there is starters

Pokemon that I am going to EV train

Shinies (not many... :P )

Pokemon that are going onto my Pokemon Ranch

Pokemon that I am trafing on Serebii

The boxes get a bit mixed sometimes, but I try my best....
    Virtually gone.

By Numerical Order in the first 13th boxes.
    At the bottom of the 13th box I put Pokémon that I might trade.
    The 14th box I used to put the Unown, but now that I transfered them to My Pokémon Ranch now I use that box for my Pokémon that I EV trained and aren't Lv. 100. When they reach to that level I put them in his numerical place.
    All my EV Pokémon have a Heart Mark and the Trading Pokémon has a Star Mark in order to don't lose track of them.
    If I have more than one of any kind of Pokémon and I'm not going to trade them, EV train them or use them for Breeding (Males with Egg Moves and Females with Good Nature), I transfer them to My Pokémon Ranch.
    Name: Angel
    SoulSilver FC: 0732 7295 6417

In Diamond, every box is numbered by Dex entry, ie. first box is 1-30, second box is 31-60, etc., all the way up to 481-493+ (+ being extras or something), then the last box is Special, which is where my party, HM slaves, and any special pokemon (like shinies) are kept.

I'm going to use Pearl to store alternate forms of pokemon since I've already almost completed the Pokedex in Diamond. There are boxes for alternate male/female forms of pokemon that I don't have, a box for Unown, another for Spinda, and others for things like shinies and things to breed (like Feebas).

Platinum is going to be where I store my competitive pokemon when it comes out.

So far, I've only done anything in Diamond, so I don't have the alt pokemon or a full Pokedex (although I'm only missing the ones only available in Pearl, Magmortar, and Mew, all of which I can get easily, and Arceus and Celebi, since Arceus hasn't been released yet and Celebi's almost impossible to obtain). But that's how I plan on using the three carts to do things. I'm very meticulous about these things, you see. XP

Pokemon I caught during the game are kept in boxes 1,2 and 3. Legendaries, notables, and Pokemon I used on my team at various times are in boxes 14 and 13.

Heh, I went back to look at some of the other posts in here... I like that setup, Umbreon-dana. I'd probably do the same thing or something similar, except for the fact that I actually went and did breeding back in third-gen so that I have one of everything (ie. I have a Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur, not just a Venusaur, etc.), so all of my boxes got filled up pretty quickly after using the Pal Park. Hence why I'm using Pearl for extras, alternate forms, and what-have-you.

I have four or so boxes at the front for trade-gotten Pokémon (woo Lottery), one of Legendaries, and one box where I keep my lv.100-trained monsters and my handful of shinies. The rest are strewn about pretty haphazardly in the next six or so boxes.
    Friend Code: 5026-5649-8262
    Pokémon X ∙ Animal Crossing
    Friend Safari: Meditite, Pancham, Tyrogue

I have my boxes organized by types, and when I have double-typed Pokemon, I just put them into whatever box has more space.

I also have two "party pokemon" boxes (most of the pokemon that I trained and also use the most), a "Legendary" box for my ubers and legendaries, and a "Give" box for pokemon I am saving for other people, extras, and my cool German Magikarp.

After boxing them, I put them in numerical order as well. (except for the give, party, and legendary boxes.)
    My Buddy, Penny the Growlithe

So liek one day Garchomp wuz liek "Hey u guyz, why am i's so gewds?" and peeps wur lieks "idk chomp, you da man" so now he's an uber
    3DS FC: 1418-6724-2916

I decided to fix up my box system in Diamond. I have a box of pokemon that don't evolve, a couple of boxes of Basic pokemon, a couple of boxes for stage 1 pokemon and then a box of stage 2 pokemon. There are other boxes too, eggs, shinies (only 3 in it though), eeveelutions, my team for Platinum, starters, Unown and then Legendaries. It actually works quite well.

I usually do it by Habitat, although Unowns and Shinnies get their own box, the "Trade Pending" Box and egg box are also excluded

Quote Originally Posted by Colliepop View Post
    And that is invalid!
    Or maybe we reverse the positions. The lion can show up in the middle of a bustling city street, and take on a person in a tank.
    This post is Win
    This is why idolizing the human civilizations of yester-millenia is awesome

1-10: Useless Pokemon, sorted by type.
    11: Unown. I only have, like, three, but I think it might be fun to collect them all some day.
    12: Empty
    13: Pokemon I want to breed.
    14: Pokemon who's IVs need to be checked.
    15: Legendaries I want to keep.
    16: Useless legendaries, mostly kept for trades.
    17: Trained Pokemon and Pokemon I need to train.
    18: Infernape for ingame battles, Smeargle for catching Pokemon, HM slaves, Eggs, Magcargo for egg hatching, Dittos for breeding, and shinies.

Ever since I got My Pokemon Ranch the useless Pokemon in 1-10 have been deposited there. Box one has since been used for shinies and Events (including Pokemon traded from Ranch).
    Blurg.

By National Dex #

I organize it by types, that's the best way to do it cos when you want a particular type, it's easy to find. Just like with my DVDs I organize it by genre so when I'm in the mood for a particular genre it's easy to find. The same goes with dual types, I just put them in the box which seems more that type like with Snover, it seems more like ice so I put it in that box even though it's grass-ice.
    Need: Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles, Pokemon DP: Sinnoh League Victors, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

To Be Continued

By rarity and region. I also keep a special box for the Pokemon I get from GTS that are Japanese. I like to collect them.

I plan to use the system I had in the 3rd gen (haven't been going on D/P/Pt long enough to need it yet).

"Trade box" x1 for useless stuff like Catapie- used for trades with more valuable pokemon with friends who don't actually want anything back.

"Battle box" x However many I need to fit in my battlers- usually 3ish since I release ones I replace.

"Breed box" x Same again, but there's a lot of these boxes...

I usually have a spare box or two to hold things for people who are restarting the game. Also a box for Ubers since I do like an Uber battle now and again.

I'm running an ASB Member of the Month thread!
    Stay tuned to the TO and make the ASB a better place!

The only organization I make in every Version is to sort my Unowns alphabetwise..
    There'll be total devastation,
    Pure annihilation
    Or absolute surrender.
    I'll have limitless power,
    This is our finest hour
    Now go,go,go,go!
    "and those silly comments like mews under the truck."
    PKMN Diamant FC : 3266 1329 4105

PKMN Platin FC : 1634 2465 5625

PKMN Heartgold FC : 4512 3200 9906

Since I don't have many Pokemon in my Pearl version, I keep all of the ones I caught in the first box. I keep Pokemon that were traded to me from either the GTS or an in-game trainer in the second and third boxes. I traded a lot of junk over the GTS for more Trainer ID numbers and a better chance at the lotto, so.. Pokemon I breed are kept in my further boxes, such as boxes six through ten. I bred both types of Shellos, Gastly, Chatot and Gibles a year or two ago, and I still have their eggs in separate boxes; the "parents" I used for breeding are also together in their own box.

In my Platinum, the Pokemon I've caught are in the first box, as well as the ones I received from in-game trades. I caught all the Unown, unlike in Pearl, so I have them separated and organized in Box two. The third box is just for any extra Pokemon I catch or receive through any sort of trade.

I organize my most of the boxes by type, well actually types that are close together in my opinion, I group together Grass/Bug, Ground/Rock/Steel and etc. I reserve a few boxes for trained pokemon, another for events/shiny pokemon, a box for normal legendary, my final few boxes I reserve for pokemon in training,eggs,dittos, and pokemon with good IV's
    Pokedex Progress:Caught-493 Seen-493 (Finally Got Arceus!)
    I can breed just about any pokemon(no egg moves or natures though) If you need anything PM me.
    Member of the The World Ends With You Fan Club
    To right the countless wrongs of our days...
    We shine this light of true redemption,
    that this place may become as paradise...
    Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

During the play-through, I just let the boxes fill up as they will. I'll only keep a separate box for HM, Legendaries, and party Pokemon.

After everything's done and accounted for, I organize my boxes in various ways.

For example, in Diamond, the Pokemon in my PC are all either battle-ready or breeding paretns/children, so the boxes are organized based on team role (ex: Lead, Phys Atk, Spec Atk, Support, etc) with a handful set aside for parents and breeding results. I also keep two boxes for traded Pokemon, so that I can collect various ID numbers and try to win more Master Balls in the Lottery.

In Platinum, I plan on using the same format I used in Emerald, which happens in stages. In the first stage, all the Pokemon I train will be organized based on Battle Frontier facility use (ex: a box for Hall Pokemon, a box for Arcade Pokemon, etc). In the second stage, which comes after much time and hard work, my boxes will simply be numbered, and every Pokemon will be organized in numerical order, from Venusaur to Arceus (yeah, it's a long way from happening! =P).

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

My PC boxes are a disorganized mess, only coherent in terms of loose chronological order. Anything that doesn't fit goes on MPR, but I'm afraid to put legends and events on there, for some reason.

Default How do you organize your PC boxes?

Mine are organized by type, like Electric, Fire, etc,. And my first box I named "New PKMN", so that when I capture a new Pokemon and it's automatically added to my PC, it'll go there so I'll know which ones need sorted.

How are your boxes organized?

Currently Trading:
    LOTS of events, and certain shinies.
    PM me for more information!
    Or visit my trade shop?

Most Wanted:
    ALL SHINY VIVILLON PATTERNS I DON'T HAVE
    UT'D PREFERRED!

NATIONAL DEX COMPLETED!
    718/718 on 6/17/2014 /// Kalos Dex Completed on 6/17/14
    MANY thanks to Apheria and Tangeh for being amazing and helping with it's completion!
    Proud owner of the Shiny Charm and the Oval Charm

Pokémon Y Friend Code: 1177 - 6855 - 6151
    Friend Safari (Fighting): Meditite, Sawk, Tyrogue

Pokémon X Friend Code: 4613 - 8504 - 0644
    Friend Safari (Normal): Lillipup, Minccino, Eevee

Please PM me after adding!

I haven't organised mine yet, although I have a few boxes named "breeding" from when I've bred pokemon.
    Back in days of my Blue Version I had all my pokemon in numerical order lol

My pogeymans are organised by type. Although I get a sneaking suspicion I missed a type....

I put my Ev trained pokes in A-B-C order lol. X)

Originally they were organised by type but now they are organised by region.
    The colours I had have faded and I've been wanting to tell you
    That there's no significance to it.
    Even though the dawn no longer comes, and I cannot hear you again,
    I'm still hoping for the day that we can truly smile again.

Celluloid ~ Miku Hatsune
    Credit to my real-life friend, Isabelle

I don't organize mine, only in Pearl, I have 6 plus boxes of event Pokemon from Akiyama Slaking to WCS Milotic

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast