Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Gets To Keep Togepi? (050)

Of course, the only reason it saw Misty first was because she snatched the egg out of Ash's hands. The moral of the story? Skill or caring matter less than being selfish at the most opportune time possible, because someone out there is dumb enough not to catch you.

Frankly, I love morals like this. I just really, really don't love Togepi.

Togepi is considered a demon in the fandom. Let us pray Misty never reunites with it.

Quote Originally Posted by High Commander Solomon View Post
    Of course, the only reason it saw Misty first was because she snatched the egg out of Ash's hands. The moral of the story? Skill or caring matter less than being selfish at the most opportune time possible, because someone out there is dumb enough not to catch you.

Frankly, I love morals like this. I just really, really don't love Togepi.
    It was fairly obvious, if unfair, that they would let the female character have the baby Pokemon. Too bad, because Meowth actually took better care of it, albeit in a crazed, melodramatic fashion. Heck, Brock's a Pokemon breeder, so why shouldn't he have got it? In fact, how would the series have changed if Brock got Togepi instead of Misty?

Love the post, High Commander Solomon. And the moral is so true. How else did George W. Bush get into Presidential Office?
    Mostly lurking nowadays.

Brilliant electioneering, and the fact that Al Gore and John Kerry combined have about as a much charisma as a bar of soap.

Ah,this brings back memories.I remember the first time when i watched this episode,and i couldnt wait to see what is going to hatch from the egg.Nice episode,with a lot of interesting events which happened in it.The small pokemon tournament was fun to watch,and even if Ash won,im glad that Misty get to keep Togepi.Afterall,what Togepi see first he considers his mother,so it makes perfect sense why Misty gets to keep him.Not to mention she raised him very well,and he evolved in beautiful Togetic.Sure he didnt battle almost never,when she raised him,but seriously he was small baby pokemon who needed someone to take care of him,so it wasnt to expect that he is going to battle.

It's obvious - Misty got Togepi because she's a girl, and as everyone knows, it's the girl's job to raise the babies...

That was sarcasm, by the way

Sarcasm? Never heard of it before. Tell me more of this sarcasm.

it's ash's egg he should of got it but with pikachu and other pokemon to work with he really isn't the best choice. then brock is my best pick being a breeder and alll what. meowth tried his best but i couldn't imagine them too. james is the second pick despite being an evil team rocket guy he's actual;ly quite nice. in the end misty gotwhich is bull but i could imagine ash's mum having it.
    wanna brawl?

-Charizard is the greatest pokemon.
    BOW DOWN BEFORE HIM!

Personally, I'm quite glad Misty got to keep Togepi. In addition to her being the first thing it saw when it hatched, she seemed like the best candidate for the job. Yes, Brock wants to be a breeder, but I think Togepi was a brilliant way of bringing forth Misty's loving and caring side, to add that much more depth to her character.

Ash wouldn't do well with it. He didn't seem mature enough at the time to take care of it without assistance from Brock and Misty (read: both of them can do just fine on their own with a baby Pokemon), and he would've probably raised it for battles like he did with Phanpy.

Besides, can anyone here actually imagine Ash walking around with that walking omlette in his arms? :P
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

togepi wasn't menth to be in ash's team i guess.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

I think it was unfair on Togepi, the way they all battled over who should get to keep it.

They should have just let Togepi decide from the start.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Snover View Post
    I think it was unfair on Togepi, the way they all battled over who should get to keep it.

They should have just let Togepi decide from the start.
    yeah but but on the other hand togepi was still a baby back then and
    as far as i know most babies can't take care of themself yet.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

The first egg to hatch on pokemon EVER. If Ash had togipi, it could have gone in a pokeball, and no one would see it again, until a battle, where it would have developed a releationship with Ash like a real pokemon, and it would have evolved sooner. However, it was given to Misty where it was babied, where it won't evolve for YEARS. However, it would have been left at Oaks latter.

What bugs me (like, after I'd actually watched the thing, which didn't hit on me during the episode) was how Jessie and James weren't allowed to compete for it, because they did nothing, while Misty stayed in for doing the same amount of nothing. What gave Misty the right to compete for it anyway?

It would have been even funnier if Togepi had gone to the one who didn't even do anything, but whatever.

Ah, the old meowth vs. onix fight. I remember my little sister's reaction: "Meowth should have evolved, like, right away! It beat an onix!" 'Course, I know by know the thing's apparently, level 100, so there's the reason.

Yeah, Brock's got happiny now, who's better for him, because she can actually fight. I still loved ol' toki though. I think I'm the only one who liked the little guy.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

True, but it had imprinted on Misty, so she was in by default.

They should have just let Togepi decide who it wanted to be with. It would have picked Misty anyway.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Nice episode, i feel sorry for Meowth..but imo Misty really deserves Togepi
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode was really great because Ash, Misty, Team Rocket, and Meowth face each other to see who would keep Togepi because they did all their jobs raising and caring for it.

i really hated misty in this episode. ash won fair and she insisted on pushing him out of the way while togepi was hatching. i HATED her for that

This episode was one of my all-time favorites because of Togepi's debut and how the story just morphed into a tournament near the end. I was surprised by how motherly Meowth could be to Togepi's egg and then to Togepi during the tournament; as seen when he fought bravely for it. I liked the tournament that decided Togepi's fate but I was sad to see Meowth lose against Pikachu so easily. At least Misty got to keep Togepi, and I think it fits in with her so that was a good ending. 10/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 17th November 2010 at 8:25 PM.

Great episode.
    I loved the "tournament" that they did with Meowth, it was funny, especially with Onix.
    And i loved Togepi's first appearance.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

It's not fair that Meowth lost. I think he should have won.

7.5/10

This was another great episode. I always liked Togepi and for some reason I felt that it was going to be with Misty anyway because it didn't look right with Brock, I couldn't see Ash with it, and I certainly couldn't see it being blasted off with TR every episode, so that only left Misty to take care of it. I actually felt bad for Meowth when it lost to Onix because he actually fought really hard and it showed his soft side and he seemed like he really cared and wanted the Togepi. Overall awesome episode.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    One of my all-time favorites because of Togepi's debut.

I was surprised by how motherly Meowth could be. I liked the tournament to decide Togepi's fate but I was sad to see Meowth lose.

9/10
    I think that everyone was surprised by Meowth in this episode! I like how a new generation pokemon debuted in this episode, but when I was a little kid, I could have sworn that Togepi was a Kanto pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Armaldo48 View Post
    It's not fair that Meowth lost. I think he should have won.

7.5/10
    A pokemon can't own a pokemon

This episode was very interesting to me. The fact that Togepi (a 2nd generation pokemon) hatches back when we all thought there were only 150 pokemon tells me that nintendo probably had a pretty long roster of pokemon all along.
    R.I.P. Max 8/8/1996 - 12/31/2008
    I love you, I miss you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast