Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Gets To Keep Togepi? (050)

I'm glad Ash didn't get togepi :-D, i can't imagine him holding Togepi like Misty did., lol
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

I really enjoy this episode, however I so wanted to see Misty use her Starmie against Ash's Bulbasaur. Too bad Psyduck had to pop out of her backpack.

Imagine if togepi went with TR,i bet itd never evolve,Ash and co will be dead, if it evolved,itd pwn Ash and co by using safeguard(unless its used like wobbufet where Jessie barely tells it to counteer)

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

I remenber this episode, long before my internet days. I was in 8th grade when this episode aired. I taped it from it's original run.

The Part that I remenber the most is the Meowth vs Onix. So funny
    And I came for fun..

I still think Meowth should have got Togepi, he would have made such a good daddy :3
    5/9/08: Chapter 6 of Fable is posted !

Vampiric pokémorphs and the Nurse Joy who must love them.

Ash should of gotten Togepi. He did find the Egg.

I remember all of the hype that came from the fandom as to the identity of the Pokemon inside the egg. Well, in this case, the fandom was actually my sixth grade class. Most of the guesses were that Pikabloo was inside the egg. Ah, yes, Pikabloo. Who, from the 'old days', could forget the elusive Pikabloo?

Anyhow, I always suspected that whatever was inside the egg, was going to be something annoying and cutesy. Guess what? I was right! Togepi came into the world, wide-eyed and squealing. Soon, a 'civil war' sparked between the protagonists as to who would get to keep the thing.

I always thought Brock should have had it. He did take care of it the most. The guy had a nuturing, mother-like side to his personality back in those days, so it made sense to me that he get it. Instead, the writers decide to give it to the girl of the group. And so, started the trend of the female companions receiving/taking care of Poke egg hatchlings. Granted, the girls had different experiences and ways of getting the eggs, but still.

Sure, Ash found it and with the unofficial laws of ownership, the egg technically belonged to him. Meowth took care of it for, like, less than an hour...so um...I guess it can have a little lay in the claim. Misty, however, didn't do anything but hold it during its hatch. Go figure.

im happy misty got to keep it shes so nice

merry christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    I remember all of the hype that came from the fandom as to the identity of the Pokemon inside the egg. Well, in this case, the fandom was actually my sixth grade class. Most of the guesses were that Pikabloo was inside the egg. Ah, yes, Pikabloo. Who, from the 'old days', could forget the elusive Pikabloo?

Anyhow, I always suspected that whatever was inside the egg, was going to be something annoying and cutesy. Guess what? I was right! Togepi came into the world, wide-eyed and squealing. Soon, a 'civil war' sparked between the protagonists as to who would get to keep the thing.

I always thought Brock should have had it. He did take care of it the most. The guy had a nuturing, mother-like side to his personality back in those days, so it made sense to me that he get it. Instead, the writers decide to give it to the girl of the group. And so, started the trend of the female companions receiving/taking care of Poke egg hatchlings. Granted, the girls had different experiences and ways of getting the eggs, but still.

Sure, Ash found it and with the unofficial laws of ownership, the egg technically belonged to him. Meowth took care of it for, like, less than an hour...so um...I guess it can have a little lay in the claim. Misty, however, didn't do anything but hold it during its hatch. Go figure.

Actually, Ash had his taking-care-off-an-egg-time too. Remember his Phanpy egg? Okey, he didn't have the egg for long, but he had one, allright?

Perfect epp. It was great to see a new Pokemon. I loved Misty and Togepi. Specially when Togepi used metronome.

I miss those epps...

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

Yh that was great especially when no one realised that togepi was the one doing it. I think Ash should of had it not misty, as misty usually always lost it and pikachu was the one who followed it everywhere!!!!
    It's The Ones That Sacrafice That Are The Heroes!

Meowth/Togepi shipping!

This was a great episode. I think Meowth should had kept Togepi, he was so attached! Poor sod. Those mean trainers. Grumble.....grumble.........

I have this episode on two tapes (I don't konw why) but I remember that a commercial a week before it aired showed it hatching and I was like They ruined it for me"
    (template from Jerkfighter)

A great episode. I loved seeing Togepi hatch again brought back all the memories of wondering whats going to hatch from the egg. Nice to see Misty get to keep and raise Togepi she makes a fine mother, though I like many others wonder how Togepi would have faired being raised by Ash or Brock or even TR, in Brock's case he'd probably try to use Togepi to get girls. I enjoyed the the mini tournament Ash defiantly knew how to handle Psyduck. I can't help but laugh when at the end Misty asks if Pikachu will help raise Togepi too, since in later episodes Togepi is almost the end of Pikachu.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

There was a good reason for Misty keeping Togepi it was because she was the first person Togepi saw after it hatched and as Dexter mentioned later on Togepi imprints the face of the first person it sees and assumes that person is it's mother and thus it's trainer as well.

James was very funny! Togepi must've been confused over who it's trainer was going to be! lol. At least Misty got him in the end.

Best Friends Forever!!!

Of course Misty got it, the first meets the eye it seems and anyway, do you really think Ash would of looked after Togepi well? with all the pokemon training and not to mention Pikachu being carried around on his shoulder all the time :/

PINK FRIDAY

It makes your ears BLEED

People say that Togepie killed Misty but i think it was more Psyduck's fault because it was alway popping out of the ball and taking the spotlight away from all of Misty's other Pokemon eg Starmie, Horsea. This made her character more boring from the lack of variety.
    Need: Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles, Pokemon DP: Sinnoh League Victors, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

To Be Continued

Luckily, The makers chose Togepi to be Misty's Pokemon. Imagine if Ash or Brock Kept it?

The stillness of the deep blue ocean which surrounds us is like our hearts

Cute Pokemon Club
    The Graphics Club

How convenient that Dexter was updated just before a GS pokémon hatched...When Ash first scans Togepi, it is said that no other information was available at present, yet later on in the episode, more is known!
    Anyways, I enjoyed this episode, purely because it had Togepi in it. Although Brock missed out on gaining a new Pokémon here after all that hard work, it's OK, seen as he gets Happiny in a couple of years' time. Meowth didn't deserve it, seen as he managed to look after the egg for what, an hour tops?
    Found Meowth's actions in battle pretty good, but not as much as Pikachu standing next to him, with his tail on the coin. Good stuff.

Do the Robot!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ike View Post
    This how I rate the characters who deserve to own Togepi.
    1. Ash
    2. Brock
    3. Meowth
    4. Misty
    Ash should own Togepi because he found the egg and wanted to take care of it but misty and brock wouldn't let him. Then there was Brock who took care of the egg the whole time. Followed by Meowth who take care of the egg for a short time. Finally there's Misty who did nothing.
    Ok thats the order they deserve Togepi IF they ignore what it wants. Don't you think it would be uncharacteristicly selfish of Ash or Brock to keep it despite what it wants? Ash has been shown to care about what his Pokemon want, so letting Togepi go with Misty makes perfect sense.

Spoiler:- thats why:

Its a similar situation here
    I'm back

I think Misty was a good choice for Togepi, but Ash deserved it more. Heck, Meowth deserved it more than Misty. Misty didn't do one thing for it as an egg.

However, whatever Togepi sees first makes it believe they're their mother. So, even though Misty didn't deserve to get Togepi, she was the best choice for it.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

You guys aren't thinking about who would've best raised a baby pokemon.
    I think Misty was the perfect maternal figure for Togepi.
    But if we based it on ability or skill to raise Togepi, the order would be:
    1. Brock (Breeder, duh!)
    2. James (Caring, father figure)
    3. Misty
    4. Ash (He would have done terrible because he would've probably put Togepi in many battles to try and raise it to become strong and push it like he does with all his pokemon and have it's blood all over the place)
    5. Meowth (Shouldn't even be on this list because Meowth is still a pokemon himself)

But seeing how Misty did, she's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Lightning8 View Post
    4. Ash (He would have done terrible because he would've probably put Togepi in many battles to try and raise it to become strong and push it like he does with all his pokemon and have it's blood all over the place)

Your kidding right? Ash would never push a Pokemon if he didn't think they could do whatever it is Ash asks it to do.

Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 24th July 2008 at 12:41 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast