Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden (051)

I was so glad Bulbasaur didn't evolve. C:
    This was my favorite episode ever, no question.
    So many Bulbasaur and Ivysaur.
    Chris -- 2706 8270 9213

A very good episode, nice seeing the Bulbasaur evolve in a different way other than just randomly evolving after enough experience. I loved seeing all the evolution forms together in one place seeing that Venusaur in action was pretty good, i'm surprised Ash didn't have any broken bones after being hit with such a strong Vine Whip. Congrats to Bulbasuar for not becoming part of the crowd and showing that you can be just as strong as an evoled Pokemon.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

This episode was exciting, but not really funny.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Bulabsaur's mysterious garden is my favorite episode of Pokemon ever and I meen out of all the episodes not just the first series. It's my favorite because it has Venusaur in it.
    Gotta Catch em all! Venusaur is the best pokemon ever.

Ah TR were great in this ep, with some cracking one-liners... "Let's cut to the chase!" and so on...

Solarbeam looked totally badass in this one, a properly powerful attack. Nowadays they make things like solarbeam and hyper beam look like total trash compared to what they used to. Infact, all of Bulbasaur's attacks looked great. Back in the day razor leaf usually looked awful, like a little stream of leaves flowing from it's bulb, but this had a full on razor leaf blast thing goin on.

It was nice to see what Venusaur could do, with it's dozens of vines at it's disposal too...

this episode was one of my favorite episodes back then i must admitt that even though bulbasaur should hav evolved, it was a nice opertunity for it if you ask me.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by (s.i.e) View Post
    this episode was one of my favorite episodes back then i must admitt that even though bulbasaur should hav evolved, it was a nice opertunity for it if you ask me.
    I agree with you, i think Bulbasaur missed the perfect opportunity to evolve.

I think the only reason it didn't was to prove how strong it was without evolving.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

For myself, I'm glad Bulbasaur didn't evolve. I love that little bulb too much to see it go. I also liked that Venusaur. Who knew they had so many vines?

That garden was so pretty, though. Wow! ^^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I'm glad Bulbasaur didn't evolve. Bulbasaur has too much character and spunk, and I like how it can win even though it didn't evolve. Maybe it's a good thing, because Bulba learned Solarbeam way before it normally would if it would've evolved.

I kinda wished Bulbasaur had evolved. But I'm glad it didn't at the same time. This was a great episode. The garden was gorgeous too.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 7:56 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Nice episode, i really had a feeling that Bulbasuar evolved..but he dint after all
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Bulbasaur would've been better off evolving into Ivysaur so it can get stronger, but what would've it happen if it did repeat the same things that Charmeleon did to Ash? It would make his life hard, so it stayed the same probably because of that in my opinion.

C'Mon, that bulbasaur is strong enough to beat an Abomasnow using only grass-type moves with a band closing it's eyes(bulbasaur's), but it hasn't evolved yet!
    Everything about me:

My team:
    Slacker
    Skull
    Snow
    Nape
    Noir
    Hadou

Ok, something has been bothering me for the longest time. This wasn't the first episode this appeared in but it was my favorite. The music that plays when the sun rises and Bulbasaur uses his good ol' Solarbeam, what is it called and can it be downloaded without all the foreground sounds and dialogue? I have trawled everywhere to find it but I can't even name the piece, the one with the electric guitar and all that.

Bulbasaur's Solarbeam kicks the rest of the Solarbeams used in the anime right up the rump.

Edit: I now know that it's a remix of the track Total War, but still I ask: Where can I get it?
    Last edited by Kgmck177; 25th November 2009 at 11:15 PM.

This episode was good, though I wasn't hoping that Bulbasaur would evolve. But good thing Bulbasaur never did. If it did, then it might have been acting just like Charmeleon.

<3 This episode is one of my top favs. I loooove Bulbasaur, and I'm glad he didn't evolve... I never let my bubasaur evolve on the games either <3

Interesting, a Pokemon that doesn't want to evolve. Just like Pikachu.

I liked how the entire evolutionary set was in this episode, with Venusaur as the leader.

8/10

I loved how Bulbasaur didn't want to evolve, because it wasn't ready enough.

And Venusaur was really strong, it was great to see it's power.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Great episode. It was really cool to see Bulbasaur save the day, and learn Solarbeam in the process. Too bad this means he'll never evolve...

60/100

I was amazed at how Bulbasaur could actually resist evolution. It must be extremely strong if it could prevent itself from evolving like that, since it looked like it was really hard to do this.

I remember watching this episode with my friend, and we were both puzzled by Bulbasaur's decision not to evolve. We were left thinking, "Why wouldn't it want to be stronger...?!"

One of my favourite episodes ever. I love Bulbasaur, and just reading this has made me regret evolving mine recently on my new FR save file.

Friend Code - 1263-7345-4763 ADD ME Friend Safari: Wartortle, Frogadier, Panpour

Cool to see Ivysaur,Venusaur and Rhyhorn. Very cool that Balbasaur showed TR with a Solarbeam. Sad Balbasaur will never evolve. 9/10

Bulbasaur is my favourite Pokemon, so I was so happy to see it not evolve. Great episode.
    Kick butt - eat sandwich. :3

*I have claimed Muk! All stench belongs to me!*

Emerald:
    HG:
    White:

I have finally encountered and caught a shiny Pokémon after 12 years of playing! I caught a shiny Chinchou while Underwater Sootopolis City on the 3rd of June, 2011.

all this episode is bulbasaur being resistant to evolution but they may evolve it like they did with cyndaquil
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    "Diancie is a good Pokemon because it can take a Water Pulse from Siebold's Clawitzer, so everyone stop whining about it." Some casual player on Miiverse 2014.

Bulbasaur wasn't 'resistant' to evolution, it specifically chose not to evolve.. it wants to stay in its basic stage permanently.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast