Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden (051)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Bulbasaur wasn't 'resistant' to evolution, it specifically chose not to evolve.. it wants to stay in its basic stage permanently.
    i doubt the writer will allow it to stay basic though
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    i doubt the writer will allow it to stay basic though
    Bulbasaur is the most promotable member of that evolutionary line, they could happily keep him in that stage forever, just like they've done with Pikachu.
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Venusaur was great bu i was dissapointed when Bulbasaur did not evovle seriously does Ashes pokemon have brain defects or something they should want to evolve(U ONLY GET BIGGER)
    Team X:

It was nice to see the whole evolutionary set of Bulbasaur. I really don't understand why some of Ash's Pokémon don't want to evolve. Evolution isn't supposed to change the Pokémon mentally, only physically. Although somehow that wasn't the case for Charmeleon... Anyway it was still a bit of a boring episode. Nice to see Team Rocket being Solar Beamed!

xxx

This is a great episode. Cool to see how Bulbasaur can surpress the evolution process. The garden full of Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur was nice as well. A good episode for Bulbasaur to learn Solarbeam. I love Ivysaur more than Bulbasaur, but I'm happy about the fact that Bulbasaur is still a Bulbasaur. I can't describe it well, but Ash's Bulbasaur just feels better as a Bulbasaur. Also good to see that unevolved Pokemon can be just as good as fully evolved ones, that's the lesson from this episode.

I enjoyed this episode - solely on the fact that this episode was meant for Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur is probably the most strongest un-evolved Pokemon Ash has, and in my opinion, Bulbasaur remains to have that position all up to this day

A nice episode focusing on Bulbasaur. I love how it didn't wanna be like everyone else who was evolved already. It doesn't have to be forced to do something it doesn't wanna do, which is why I liked this episode.
    Last edited by Blessed; 3rd September 2012 at 2:58 PM.

A great episode. Loved how it was mainly focus on Bulbasaur, since its pretty much my favorite starter. I wish it would have evolved, but I understand it didn't want to.. so I still enjoyed it. He is cute :3 I liked how Solarbeam was portrayed. It looked so powerful ^_^
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Nice to see all the double standards people have. bulbasaur chooses not to evolve and everyone loves him. Piplup decides not to and its the worst thing in the world.

Bulbasaur's decision not to evolve was a real character-defining moment. Piplup merely copied Bulbasaur later on, so it wasn't as great a moment then.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

So glad Bulbasaur never evolved he's way cooler as a Bulbasaur

Being tackled by a Rhyhorn must not feel so well does it? But, it was cool seeing Bulbasaur use Solarbeam. I loved it when I was younger "Bulba bulba bulba bulba bulba bulba bulba"

Really liked this episode too!
    Bulbasaur is one of my favorite Pokemons so ofc I liked to see him get this episode. But I also really like a few things I would like to mention.

1: Even though EVERYONE expect him to evolve and Venasaur/all Ivysaur is getting really mad at him he is still doing what he thinks is the right choice. If more humans actually could stand up for what they truly want and not follow what the group thinks

2: The fact that even though Ash wanted Bulbasaur to evolve (at first) he did developed as a char here. He wanna become the best trainer ever but he see those Pokemons as so much more then just a tool to get him to the dreams he has. This special bound is very nice to see!

3: Pikachu trying to imitate Bulbasaur is so hilarious =)

This was a great episode. The mysterious garden of Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur was nice, I liked how Bulbasaur was not willing to evolve.

Bulbasaur learning Solarbeam was great. It was cool to see Bulbasaur proving that he could do well without evolving. Bulbasaur is the best of Ash's unevolved Kanto Pokémon in opinion, so it's nice to see him getting some character development.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 25th January 2014 at 8:51 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

This episode was alright. I found Team Rocket to be hilarious in this episode, and they also broke the 4th wall which was nice. I wish Bulbasaur would have evolved though.
    7.5/10
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Note to self: don't get taken down by any Rhyhorns in the future.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I still applaud Bulbasaur's decision not to evolve here. I personally prefer un-evolved Pokemon, so I was pleased that Bulbasaur made himself an individual by deciding his own path. Aside from his choice and him learning Solar Beam to beat Team Rocket, I really liked how the mysterious garden looked.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123