Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden (051)

I thought that this was a good episode to show us that evolution isn't always the solution. When Pikachu went to comfort Fushigidane, I felt really nostalgic because I realized that Pikachu had also been determined not to evolve before. So I liked the continuity.

Omg, Bulbasaur learning Solar Beam was great. It was cool to see Bulbasaur proving that he could do well without evolving. Bulbasaur is the best of Ash's unevolved Kanto Pokemon in opinion, so it's nice to see him getting some character development.

Frankly, this episode should have ended with Ash's Bulbasaur evolving. Seriously, why not just give Ash Ivysaur here at such a good opportunity?

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post
    When Pikachu went to comfort Fushigidane, I felt really nostalgic because I realized that Pikachu had also been determined not to evolve before. So I liked the continuity.
    I did like that scene where Pikachu was talking to Bulbasaur, although I didn't really think about how Pikachu could relate to Bulbasaur's situation. Pikachu didn't have such a hard time as Bulbasaur tho since he didn't have the peer pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLeviathan View Post
    Frankly, this episode should have ended with Ash's Bulbasaur evolving. Seriously, why not just give Ash Ivysaur here at such a good opportunity?
    Just to play Devil's advocate: It's not like Ivysaur is that much better than Bulbasaur. I mean hell, they look extremely similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Just to play Devil's advocate: It's not like Ivysaur is that much better than Bulbasaur. I mean hell, they look extremely similar.
    As much as I like Bulbasaur's evolutionary line, I have to agree. If Ash's Bulbasaur had evolved here I wouldn't have minded, tho Ivysaur looks kind of plain and not much different than Bulbasaur hee hee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    As much as I like Bulbasaur's evolutionary line, I have to agree. If Ash's Bulbasaur had evolved here I wouldn't have minded, tho Ivysaur looks kind of plain and not much different than Bulbasaur hee hee.
    Plus Ash's Bulbasaur was strong the way he was anyway. He easily defeated that hiker dude's Rhyhorn at the beginning of this episode after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Plus Ash's Bulbasaur was strong the way he was anyway. He easily defeated that hiker dude's Rhyhorn at the beginning of this episode after all.
    Well he was tough I agree, although I wouldn't necessarily use that minor battle as evidence of his strength since he had a type advantage during it, so his win was practically guaranteed no matter what. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Well he was tough I agree, although I wouldn't necessarily use that minor battle as evidence of his strength since he had a type advantage during it, so his win was practically guaranteed no matter what. ^^
    Even if we don't count his victory against Rhyhorn, him learning Solar Beam at the end when he fought TR was further proof of how strong he was.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234