Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Princess VS Princess (052)

I honestly loved seeing this episode, since the girls could get their own kind of episode. I surely enjoyed ever second of this episode with Misty and Jessie.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

This episode was a nice one.
    Jessie caught a Likitung and Misty won the contest.
    Jessie caught it to give it to the boss.
    And Ash and Brock in the beginning had to carry everything XD!
    And a Female celebration that was great!
    Likitung licking Jessie was also funny.
    I would rate this episode 4/5 if I were a rater.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

I love it because misty got the main role in this episode.

I'm surprised Misty didn't see Psyduck's appearance coming, it was really obvious that it was just going to appear if she chose another Pokemon.

But like in the Fuschia gym, Psyduck saved the day.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Good tournament, i loved Lickitung.

Jessie was strong, but Misty won the tournament.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1994 View Post
    Did anyone see Meowth flick off the Primape I thought it was Hilarious.
    Hmm, I didn't see such a thing haha. Weird. This episode was pretty good, though I believe this episode aired out of order due to the whole Porygon episode fiasco. I liked that both Jessie and Misty got an episode all to themselves and that we learned more about Misty's past. Ash got too much attention in Kanto so this was a nice change of pace. I adored the fact that Jessie caught a Lickitung (though it rarely appeared in Kanto at all) and that Misty won a doll set of her very own. 7/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 16th November 2010 at 2:27 AM.

Possibly my favorite Misty based episode of the first season. I mean those dolls were horrible but the whole idea of a girl tournament was refreshing then, some stereotypes here and there but it was all good.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

I feel that this was a spark for Game Freak to make Pokemon Contests in the games.I like the early concept for Pokemon contests.If you like contest episodes,be glad this might have sparked the idea.

10/10

Smashin' !

I used to have the episode on VHS and I thought it was great. The main thing I liked was the tournament though, I always like tournaments. It was also pretty funny and I think this was the episode that sparked my love for Lickitung and later Lickilicky. Great episode.

I know I posted in this thread and reviewed it, hm.

Anyways good episode, liked how Misty and Jessie just went through the ranks and they got to borrowed their friends Pokemon. I think Arbok and Weezing and Victreebel should have kept going. It was good for Jessie to catch Lickitung even if it doesn't get much screentime. Pity Jessie didn't win the contest but oh well aleast she did win some of the contests in Sinnoh, like five of them.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

The battle between Jessie and Misty was too short and was focused too much on Lickitung, we have barely seen Arbok and Weezing doing something and it was strange that a quick thunderbolt finished them easily, but Psyduck was very strong, it is not easy to beat a Lickitung.

And I have been wondering why did the males have to do the dirty work and hold all the boxes? It's unfair...

Misty looked really beautiful with her hair let out like that. I'm really glad she got some dolls of her own.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I wanted Jessie to win since she never had any dolls or something like that. I liked that she got some attention in this episode and showed some of her background. I wish they had more episodes focused on her. Misty looked nice with her hair down.
    HeartGold FC: 5199 5555 6743

I really love this episode as it focused primarily on the girls for a change, and it contained one of those rare moments in the series where we got to see how beautiful Misty looks with her hair down .

Despite Misty's sob story I really felt that Jessie had the even more depressing sob story of the two, and I really wanted her to win the doll set in the end .

This was a good episode. The battle between Jessie and Misty was great! The battle with Psyduck vs Likitung was very funny. Glad to see Misty win. I liked seeing the boys carry the girls stuff during the day.

40/100

Overall, I liked this episode. I liked seeing Jessie catch her Lickitung, and I found the part when Lickitung was wrapping its tongue around Psyduck funny because I thought it was going to eat it. xD

I always liked the Pokemon dolls that Misty won. They looked so pretty and I wished I could have gotten some. Plus, I loved how Team Rocket dressed up like dolls at the end of the episode.

And the pms sign at the beginning...how'd they let that get in there? O.o

This one was a riot!!!!!!!!!!! Yay misty!

Notice it says most people like me.

No you may not have my autograph.

Spoiler:- Credits:

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

A fine catch of Lickitung by Jessie, and using it in the final match against Misty. But Misty won in the end with Psyduck, and I'm glad she did.

I didn't like this episode. The battles were really quick and the last battle between Misty and Jessie wasn't very interesting. Still, it was nice that Misty got an episode to focus on her. I have more bad things to say about this episode but I'd rather not.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I liked this episode because it wasn't based solely on Ash. The concept of the episode was great, and there needs to be a Proncess day in real life! I also loved Misty's hair let down in this one, but it does confuse me where she gets all that hair lol. Same with her mermaid episodes. Her hair doesn't look long at all normally. I also didn't like how she used Ash and Brock's Pokémon. It was nice to see Jessie catching a new Pokémon and I lold at how Psyduck wasn't effected by it's lick. Typical of Psyduck to be the odd one out! The Pokédolls at the end were really cute too. The Team Rocket Pokédolls, however, were a little bit creepy, but it was a nice thing to do for Jessie. Got to feel sad for Team Rocket sometimes. :{

xxx

It was unfair how Misty acted towards Brock and Ash, letting them carry her stuff and pay for it all. Men and women should be equal, no exceptions, no Princess Days.

Misty shouldn't have borrowed Bulbasaur, Vulpix and Pikachu. She has enough Pokemon herselves: Staryu, Starmie, Togepi, Goldeen, Horsea and Psyduck (altough Togepi isn't a fighter, and Goldeen and Horsea need water).

Psyduck was awesome as always, winning and not getting hurt by attacks that defeat most other Pokemon.

Enjoyable episode, 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    Misty shouldn't have borrowed Bulbasaur, Vulpix and Pikachu. She has enough Pokemon herselves: Staryu, Starmie, Togepi, Goldeen, Horsea and Psyduck (altough Togepi isn't a fighter, and Goldeen and Horsea need water).
    She borrowed Pikachu, Vulpix and Bulbasaur for a more diverse options (type wise). As for Togepi, this takes place before "Who Gets to Keep Togepi?".
    Last edited by Antiyonder; 3rd December 2011 at 9:42 PM. Reason: A little correction

Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    She borrow Pikachu, Vulpix and Bulbasaur for a more diverse options (type wise). As for Togepi, this takes place before "Who Gets to Keep Togepi?".
    - This takes place after "Who Gets to Keep Togepi".
    - I know Misty did it for type diversity. But still, I think she should've used her own Pokemon. She's a gym leader, and should be able to battle and win on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    - This takes place after "Who Gets to Keep Togepi".
    Before actually. Yes it aired after WGtKT, but like Holiday Hi-Jinx and Snow Way Out it was held over from airing in it's original slot (Both episodes having Charmander, despite said Pokemon having evolved into Charizard at the time).

Infact, look at So Near, Yet So Farfetch'd. In the episode, Brock is still taking care of the yet to be hatched Togepi. In the same episode Jessie mentions her Lickitung, which she caught in PvP (we even see a total of three Pokeballs floating away from them).

In Japan's case, the episode was rescheduled after the incident with Electric Soldier Porygon. As for why it took longer to air in the US, the reason likely has to do with it containing a lot of Japanese text to translate.

Plus, ever since Togepi hatched, it would appear all the time whenever Misty was onscreen, and yet it was absent on this episode.
    Last edited by Antiyonder; 3rd December 2011 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    Before actually. Yes it aired after WGtKT, but like Holiday Hi-Jinx and Snow Way Out it was held over from airing in it's original slot (Both episodes having Charmander, despite said Pokemon having evolved into Charizard at the time).

Infact, look at So Near, Yet So Farfetch'd. In the episode, Brock is still taking care of the yet to be hatched Togepi. In the same episode Jessie mentions her Lickitung, which she caught in PvP (we even see a total of three Pokeballs floating away from them).

In Japan's case, the episode was rescheduled after the incident with Electric Soldier Porygon. As for why it took longer to air in the US, the reason likely has to do with it containing a lot of Japanese text to translate.

Plus, ever since Togepi hatched, it would appear all the time whenever Misty was onscreen, and yet it was absent on this episode.
    So given all of that where would you logically & chronologically place the episodes: "Princess vs. Princess", "Snow Way Out", & "Holiday Hi-Jynx"? It's always kinda bugged me for years seeing those episodes always incorrectly placed in the timeline whenever I had viewed Kanto episode guides on various Pokemon websites on the internet (including this one too as well).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast