Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Princess VS Princess (052)

Default Princess VS Princess (052)

Princess VS Princess!

It Is the Princess Festival and Misty & Jessie are going all out for it. After hours shopping, they both decide to enter the Princess Festival Battle Tournement. Can they get far in it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Waterstar Misty Guest

This is one my favorite episodes. This entire show was funny, Misty making Ash, Brock, and Pikachu carry her stuff, and Jessie making James and Meowth carry her things was funny,I was surprised that Jessie caught a Lickitung, the competition between Misty and Jessie was really cool. Misty wanting to use her friends Pokemon was cute, pikachu just went to her, and after misty told her friends why she wanted the princess dolls and maybe from hitting Ash in the head, they let her use their pokemon.

Katsuya Guest

One of the Jesse & James parts at the end with the dolls.

Andrew Guest

This wins my Favourite 1st Series episode title for me.

We've got Lickitung, humor, Vulpix and Bulba and Pika on team Misty, not to mention Jessie almost wins.

Its a fantastic episode, and they should have the Princess Festival again. I'd like to see how May would fare.

Kyuubi-Kun Guest

I really liked the ending with all the dolls of Jessie & James, their Pokémon, and Meowth.

Mistystar89 Guest

I love this episode! It's one of my all-time favorites! They really should do this festival again. Imagine the competition...

This episode is famous for airing WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY out of order. After 10 episodes of Togepi Hatching, it was no where to be found, Lickitung was caught, and never showed its face again until "Pikachu Revolts" though it was talked about in "So Near, So Farfetched." Also it was silly when misty was playing with the toys.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

meggirl63 Guest

That episode was really cool! Imagine, Jesse and Misty going face-to-face in competition! Oh, I SENSE A CAT FIGHT!!!!! Just kidding! The shopping did sound like fun. Remember when the narrator said that if a person was a girl, she gets discounts; however, if a person was a guy he had to pay full price! I thought 'that's unfair!', so I would be a good friend and pay for meals for myself and the guys that come with me to a festival.

Lickitung or Wobbuffet?
    No comparison, I love that big tongued freak!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Default An inside joke?

I'd forgotten just how much I loved this episode. It's funny, it has lickitung (I miss it so much!) and it has a pokémon competition. I still think Jessie should have won, it's better to have broken hand-me-downs than to have no dolls at all.

While I was watching it, when Jessie was talking about how much she loved Princess Day at the beginning, there was a sign on top of a building saying 'PMS'. Do you think it's an inside joke they decided to put in?
    Last edited by Trillian; 29th January 2005 at 1:45 PM.
    Sing yourself on down the street
    Sing yourself right off your feet
    Sing yourself away from victory
    And from defeat

Poor excuse for a shiny banner made by me, photo credit to Ralph Larmann

I still think it is creepy that lickitung has a tounge twice the size of it's body! Cool ep anyway!

This episode was....ok. It's all about girl power (apologies for being sexist but it's irritating), and the tournament itself was too predictable, an handicap person could have worked the ending here to this episode.

Shame we didn't to see more of Lickitung, it was most definately under-used, rarely appeared if not never in the Orange Islands, and then was swapped immediatley into Johto.

Misty sending the presents to her sisters to p*ss them off was quite funny, well sort of.

I liked this episode because it was so obviously Japanese - the Princess Day festivities, the dolls, all of it. Of course, 4Kids' perverse desire to eradicate all signs of Japanese culture from the show resulted in it being pushed back a few weeks, making it the Season 2 premiere, but still, that didn't affect the plot much - although it still bugged me that Ash and the others were walking around a city full of blank signs.

Lickitung has to be the least used Pokémon of any character in the show's history. Heck, Misty's Horsea got more exposure than this thing. I think the Japanese writers sort of wrote themselves into a corner with this one. You notice that, aside from Arbok and Weezing, most of Jessie and James' Pokémon have some kind of quirk; Victreebel going after James' head, Wobbuffet popping up at random, Cacnea giving out hugs, Seviper pulling on Jessie's hair, and Chimecho wrapping around James to be cute. Lickitung was just there - he didn't do anything really unique and basically just served as a battle tool. That's probably why they replaced him as soon as they got the opportunity, especially with a Pokémon that had so much of a running gag potential (I'm not saying that Wobbuffet's running gag is good, mind you). Come to think of it, this theory probably also explains why Jessie hardly ever uses Dustox - it was unique as a Wurmple because she had one at the same time May did (which offered the obvious "switch-up" episode plot), but then it just became a fighter and not much else.

Wow, that went further off-topic as I went on, it seems.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

vulpix Guest

this is my all time favorite episode cause it's mainly all about misty!

NNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG. I need to actually see this ep in its entirety. FIORELLO! HOLYCRAP FIORELLO HOT. *loses all speech ability* ...Oos want Fio. Fio is love. FIO LOVE PLZ. Rrrrghhhh. *chews on her compy desk*

Purrrrrrr.

Hmm, though it's obvious that there were a bazillion paint edits in this episode, it's somewhat interesting to note that when the brackets are shown for the first time, only the names are written down in the original, as opposed to pictures of the contestants. After that, however, the bracket goes to the pictures in the original as well.

Also worthy of note is that although the redone version of Shakunetsu no Battlefield is replaced in the dub with the original version of the piece, the pause in the music when Pikachu gets licked was kept, though it lasted slightly longer in the dub. However, in the original version, while the same piece played all the way up to Rokon's defeat, in the dub it ended right after Pikachu was KOed.
    ~

Ugh, Lickitung. I really DO NOT like Lickitung, it's really annoying. I'm glad we don't see it again for a long while after this. At least it kicked butt against Misty and her borrowed pokemon, but that's the only really good thing I can say about it.

I do feel for Jessie in this episode, especially at the end when she's heartbroken over not getting the dolls. She's also great when she blows up at the announcer for what he's saying. This is one episode where we can really see her battling well, too. I still think James has proved to be the better pokemon battler, but at least Jessie really holds her own in this episode.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Tifa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    This wins my Favourite 1st Series episode title for me.

We've got Lickitung, humor, Vulpix and Bulba and Pika on team Misty, not to mention Jessie almost wins.

Its a fantastic episode, and they should have the Princess Festival again. I'd like to see how May would fare.
    May would probaly be alot worse than Misty Lol,

ONTOPIC
    I enjoyed this episode, i watched it the other day, but it was apperence of licketung *ignore my spelling , who i dislike

This epy was one of my faviortes ^_^ And I thought the pokedolls were just so kawaii!!! ^_^

Banner and sprites made by the amazing Hakuryuu! Thanks! <3

I love you Dara <33

8/11/07

The epi that Jesse Caught Likatung. It was funny how Psyduck won it for Misty. 6/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Lickitung seemed like one of the most random Pokemon Jessie could have caught at the time. Its a shame we didn't see it very often.

Princess vs. Princess is the only episode I've watched that had Lickitung in it (I haven't watched much of the anime), but I was happy with how easily Licki took down that little yellow electric rat in that episode. I know some of you really like Pikachu, but I love it when Pika doesn't win a fight; it's a lot more realistic than the "OMG PIKACHU WIPED OUT A GROUND TYPE WITH AN ELECTRIC ATTACK!!!" stuff that usually happens. =D

Still, from what you guys have said about Licki as a part of the Rockets, it doesn't sound like that they used it to its full potential for comic relief when it was a member of the Rocket team. Seriously, Licki's tongue is more than twice the length of its body, according to the anime Pokédex; I'm sure they could've thought of plenty of comical things to do with a Poké with a tongue bigger than itself if they had tried. They have another chance now that Lickitung has an evolution in Diamond and Pearl; even though Jessie no longer has her Lickitung, we're sure to see some more Lickis again.

Jessie catching Lickitung was random. But, Lickitung is such a weird Pokemon.

I liked this episode a lot. It inspired me to do more research on Japanese holidays, which lead me to learn more about oriental culture eventually. Who said Pokemon doesn't have any educational value?

I feel sorry for both girls whenever I watch this particular episode. I really wished that they could have both won the set of dolls somehow. Though, over the years, I began to sympathize with Jessie more than Misty, especially since the poor girl can't seem to catch a break. Ever.

Lickitung was an awesome Pokemon that had a lot of potential to be both humorous and a good opponent for Ash. However, it got traded off at some point in Johto for Wobbuffet. It looks like it wasn't the best move for the writers since now Lickitung has an evolution, so Jessie could have showcased it. Why can't Team Rocket ever have more than two Pokemon at a time? Are they really that low in the eyes of the writers?

this is one of my favorite eposoides jessie gets a lickatung my second favorite pokemon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast