Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Case of the K-9 Capers! (054)

Junsa leading a police academy that trained Guardie for criminal arrests was a very intriguing plot. The Rocket-dan made things even better when they showed up with their voice modifiers, although seeing Junsa's previously loyal Guardie crew almost turn on her was emotionally tough to handle.

I loved seeing Ash & Pikachu try that obstacle course. Team Rocket was exceptionally clever this time around, using their helium gas and voice-modifying bullhorn. I applaud them for that.

The helium scene was hilarious! Pikachu using Thunderbolt in a high pitch voice was so funny! Aside from Ash and the chipmunks and I will add that was funny this episode at same time made me want to smack Ash for wanting Pikachu to be the best it can be not even realizing that their already the best team.

Quote Originally Posted by ZilverLox View Post
    at same time made me want to smack Ash for wanting Pikachu to be the best it can be not even realizing that their already the best team.
    They weren't, though. They still had issues battling as a team even back in OS and they needed to be in-sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstardust View Post
    Pikachu's voice sounded way off when he zapped the Growlithe.
    I think Rachael Lillis voiced Ash's Pikachu during the high pitched voice scenes, so that's probably why Pikachu sounded different when he was attacking the Growlithes.

Dogasu reviewed the episode today and pointed out instances here where the dub eliminated music and kept things quiet, yet I swear that 4Kids had done this kind of thing before.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Dogasu reviewed the episode today and pointed out instances here where the dub eliminated music and kept things quiet, yet I swear that 4Kids had done this kind of thing before.
    I only saw the dubbed Kanto saga episodes once, but I do remember 4Kids leaving moments of silence every so often when the English dub was still new. I guess that this Guardie episode was simply the first time that they swapped Japanese music for silence, though.

I don't understand the premise of the Growlithe academy tbh. Why did they even need a specialized school to learn the basics of stopping enemies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123