Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Breeding Center Secret! (057)

Default The Breeding Center Secret! (057)

The Breeding Center Secret!

After putting Psyduck in a breeding centre, Misty realises she needs it to get some food from a generous chef. But when she goes to get it, Ash & Co discover a diabolical plot by 2 new Team Rocket members who are trying to steal Pokemon, and in doing so, Ash & co. get captured by them. Can Misty & Pikachu save them?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Talking

this ep is a turning point because james get victeribell and bucth and cassidy appear.i like this ep

This proves once and for that Misty only wants Psyduck when she can benefit from him. (Loved the picture the resturant owner had of Psyduck, that's a pose I would never think to put Psyduck in.)

Did anyone else find it strange that they didn't bother to sperate Jessie from the guys, or that they put Victreebel in with them either?

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

If you're referring to where the hell Weepinbell/Victreebel came from, it's explained in a late Johto episode during Elekid's episode debut.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

No, I mean why are Jessie and Victreebel in the same cell as James, Ash, Brock, and Snap?

Victreebell! I miss Victreebell so much now. It's great that we get to meet Victreebell and Butch and Cassidy in this episode, but I still miss my beloved James-eating plant. I love Cacnea too, but Victreebell was always great to watch. I guess I always be a yumshipper.

I also think it's kind of weird that Brock fell for Cassidy the first time he met her, and he's never shown any interest in Jessie. Then again, he fell for Domino in "Mewtwo Returns" too.

Actually, in amuch later episode he explains that there is nothing attractive about Jessie. (Much to her disgust. XD)

Vermilion Guest

i rarther like this episode, i like the fat guy who likes psyducks XD

Hands down, one of the best episodes of the first season, if not the best. Perfect for a season finale - the introduction of Butch and Cassidy, the best recurring supporting players on the show. I like them better than I like Jessie and James because they actually try to be evil and think their plans through much more thoroughly than J&J ever have. It'd be nice to see them win for once, just to prove how pathetic Jessie and James really are. Of course, for my "Intensity" fics, I used a role reversal technique - now it's Jessie and James who are the masters, and Butch and Cassidy are the losers who keep getting demoted in their feeble attempts to outdo their competition.

I didn't really care for Victreebel's introduction, though - not only did this episode lead to a running gag that quickly got stale in my eyes, but we're offered no immediate explanation as to how James got a Weepinbell prior to this episode (my theory used to be that he kept the one he stole in "A Chansey Operation"). Plus, Victreebel has a dub voice in this episode - and only in this episode. And it's nothing like his Japanese voice.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

I loved this episode as well.

Psyduck's taped eyes...that was funny! I mean...that poor Psyduck.

Finally, Psyduck gets some glory. That restaurant owner is awesome.

I always assumed that Weepinbell came from some episode that was banned, before I knew about the banned episodes. It annoyed me how it was all of a sudden there.

Butch and Cassidy. I love every episode with them, my favorite being "Pikachu Revolts", my least favorite probably the three Lugia episodes, being that Butch and Cassidy aren't the life of the party.

Carted off...Jessie and James are too slick for the law. They always fail, but never stay in jail. Butch and Cassidy got bailed out though. That's amusing.

Overall, I'd say 9/10
    Yeah!

EvilCassidy Guest

I always assumed that Weepinbell came from some episode that was banned, before I knew about the banned episodes. It annoyed me how it was all of a sudden there.
    Actually, it was a major dubbing error. I think in the Japanese version he didn't have it but he said "Hey a Weepinbell! Let's steal it!" or something like that.

I've yet to see this episode, but I really want to! It's the only BC ep I haven't seen. I thought Pikachu Revolts was their first until Cassidy said in "The Fortune Hunters" to Misty when Ash & Co. uncover B&C scam: "Now I remember! You're the twerps that ruined our last two plans!"

Quote Originally Posted by EvilCassidy
    Actually, it was a major dubbing error. I think in the Japanese version he didn't have it but he said "Hey a Weepinbell! Let's steal it!" or something like that.
    That's what I thought, too, until one day a couple of years ago when I went searching Japanese sites for an explanation. And what I found was, on a bulletin board, a discussion that looked almost exactly like the ones on the English boards, with someone asking where the Utsudon Kojiro left at the breeding center had come from. No one knew the answer. (This was before the late Jouto episode with the answer had aired in Japan.)

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

I was hoping for Psyduck to evolve. Wishful thinking AS USUAL!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    If you're referring to where the hell Weepinbell/Victreebel came from, it's explained in a late Johto episode during Elekid's episode debut.
    Why they waited 206 episodes before explaining Weepinbell's appearance I will never know. Team Rocket even mentioned Koffing and Ekans's appearances earlier than that (at least in the dub).

This episode was good, other than that. Butch and Cassidy are so cool.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

vulpix Guest

i really like this episode cause this is the first time that Psyduck is actually neaded for something(and that is an all you can eat buffay)sorry mined my spelling.

Blaziken master Guest

I like the chubby chef
    "I just loooove Psyduuck!!"

lightspeed Guest

I really enjoyed this episode, it was so interesting. I like the part where Ash and gang went into the breeding center and found out that it was fake, I also like the part where Misty went to the breeding center to ask for Psyduck...Overall, a great episode.

I loved how Butch and Cassidy were introduced. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I love their motto. "Here's our mission so you better listen...."

I like Butch and Cassidy, but missing from this episode was the legendary name calling of Billy...sorry! Biff!

Once again this shows Pokémon Chronicles writers weren't too observant to these episodes, because in 'Training Daze', Jessie & James battle it out with B&C, yet in this episode, James has no clue whatsoever as to who the other Team Rocket members were.

A pretty good episode on the whole.

Do the Robot!

The mixups on Butch's name didn't begin until B&C's second episode. And even then, it was only James getting it wrong at first. Even weirder than nobody getting Butch's name wrong here is Brock remembering it right in "The Fortune Hunters" (he had to remember back 100 episodes, and most people forget in 30 seconds!!).
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 9/15
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

A Good Episode. I thought, Victreebell, was werid. It seems to come form nowhere. Unless, I'm missing something.

A excellent episode, a very good introduction for Butch and Cassidy. Nice to see Misty actually cares about Psyduck even if she just uses him to get free things. I like Butch and Cassidy their a good replacement for Jessie and James seeing as how they've comedic relief now, it's to bad when we get to to Pokemon Chronicles Butch and Cassidy become comedic relief instead of remaining evil.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I liked this episode. I like Butch and Cassidy's motto.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

it was a good episode but i do wondered where that victreebell came from.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

I didn't like this episode, because i felt sorry for all the pokemon in cages, especially Psyduck.

It was nice that they introduced Cassidy and Butch though, because it gave Team Rocket a rival.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast