Thread: Riddle Me This! (058)

this is my fave eepisode

best storyline out of every gym i like lavaridges too
    fave type for the gym
    loves valcanoes almost as much as deserts
    fave poekmon - magmar -

My first fusion

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Anyone think this episode would've been banned because of the bath scene in today's censorship laws?

That was hilarious! Togepi's best moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1308 View Post
    That was hilarious! Togepi's best moments.
    Yeah, but others might think it was offensive.

I never understood why blaine had a rhydon o_O Overall a good episode!
    [IMG]http://i13.*******.com/47lo29z.png[/IMG]
    Credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the awsome banner!

~Bishie~Mafia~Song~Friends

his riddle were hard:-P
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

It’s been eons since I last saw the “old” episodes and I must admit, I miss them somewhat. I also miss the whole “Who’s that pokemon?” bit.

Anyways, this episode was pretty good. Man, I somewhat miss seeing Jigglypuff despite how annoying it was IMO. I kinda miss the old voices, although I’ve gotten used to the new voices already. One thing Brock mistook that I noticed was that Brock said Ninetales’ strongest attack was Fire Spin, but there’s still the matter of Fire Blast which it can learn. Yet another classic error when Rhydon is KOed by Pikachu’s Thunderbolt despite it being a Ground type.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Ah, the infamous "Aim For The Horn!".

It's weird that two Pokemon that were in this now have evolutions over 9 years later.

But easily the best Gym, and one of the best Kanto episode.

A excellent episode, Blaine is one of my favorite gym leaders since he actually makes Ash work at finding his gym. To bad Blaine had to abandon his old gym cause of tourism but at least he manged to rebuild it inside an active volcano which really gives him an advantage in the fights and seeing Pikachu battle Rhydon makes me wonder if it wasn't that battle the inspired the creators of the game to give Rhyhorn and Rhydon the lightning rod ability for later games. Also anyone else notice the the entrance to Blaine's gym is on the womens side of the hot spring makes you wonder if Blaine might be a peeper.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I didn't actually like this episode. Some parts were funny, but not many.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Another very good episode.I like all this Blaines riddle stuff,when Ash was trying to find the gym.The battle was great,but however Charizard as usual didnt listen.The introduction of Magmar was great too,especially the battle between him and pikachu and his fire blast attack looked pretty cool.This was definitely one of hardest Ashs gym battles in Kanto.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 18th June 2008 at 5:30 PM. Reason: Making corrections.

you know that rhydon looked awfully fat in that episode, is that normal?

I don't know why people think that it was so dumb/weird that Blaine's Ninetales took Ash's Squirtle out with a single Fire Spin. To me, it was a pretty effective way of showing just how out of his element Ash was, that he lost so easily despite having the type advantage - Ninetales was just significantly stronger, and that's all that it came down to. Besides, Ninetales is one of my favourite Pokemon, and I loved seeing the beauty in action, however briefly. It seemed a lot stranger, upon my first viewing, that Pikachu could take out Blaine's Rhydon, given that rock/ground types are supposed to be immune to electric attacks, no matter what the conditions, but by this stage I'm well used to that little inconsistency.
    Last edited by Raikipper; 4th January 2009 at 2:25 PM.

Blaines Riddle stuff was cool. But Rhydon? Why not Rapidash or Arcanine instead? :P And I still don't like how they cheat on electric attacks and ground Pokemon.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 9:09 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I think Rhydon was a weird choice for Blaine, why would a Fire gym leader have a Rock/Ground type?

Ash trying to take it on with Pikachu, was hilarious.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I also think that Blaine should have Rapidash or Arcanine insted of Rydon

I remember i stayed home for just watching this episode...
    Blane was my fave gym leader in Kanto
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I really got confused with Blaine's riddles as I didn't get it at all. But that's not why I watched this episode. I really liked the drama saved at the end of this episode when Pikachu was about to fall off the edge of the battlefield. If it happened, Pikachu would be burned from the intense lava! I got scared that it almost happened.

I loved the fact that Ash met Gary on the boat, and Gary was actually taking a holiday. I felt kinda bad for Ash, what with him still working hard. What's with the pink shirt Gary was wearing? lol

The riddles were pretty neat, like the one about the clock. Blaine's a smart guy. Plus, I love the location of his Gym. A bit of flat surface suspended above a pool of real lava... awesome. Squirtle was horrible, Charizard was shameful, and Pikachu was the only one who did anything worth a damn. (Aim for the horn! lol)

I loved Magmar vs Pikachu. That Magmar was freakin awesome. The cliffhanger was also wicked. I rather enjoyed this episode ^^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

The battle vs Blane was great, too bad that Ash lost.

If Charizard was fight, i'm sure Ash was beat that Magmar.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Blaine was my favourite gym leader when I was seeing the series for the first time, and still is. I think the battle is awesome; also, I like it how in the original series Ash does not easily beat all of the gym leaders on the first try.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

This episode was enjoyable even if you realize Blaine is the quiz guy. He can't fool anyone.

But yeah, Gary was really really mean in this one, Cinnabar Island in the anime looks like something you would never expect, full of tourists and crowded, it was a nice change.

Blaine was one of the strongest gym leaders in Kanto without doubt, Ash got a beating with him in this one.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Loved the boat scene where Gary tells Ash that there isn't a gym on Cinnabar. It's one of the first times that Gary is wrong.

Loved how Blaine disguised himself as a "hippie" and tried to help Ash solve the riddle of the hidden gym. The battle itself was unexpected. Never thought Pikachu would beat a Rhydon and then almost get itself killed by Magmar.

All in all, 9/10

Ah! The episode with the infamous "Aim for the horn" line. It makes no sense that it worked and it furthermore makes no sense why Blaine is even using a rhydon. Shouldn't he have an arcanine or a rapidash instead.

This was 1 of the better Gym-loss battles. It was bizarre seeing Pikachu win by striking the horn with an electric attack. Too bad Ash lost... Very cool seeing Ninetales in a gym battle.

42/100

My favourite part of this episode was when Magmar rose out of the lava. I thought that was a cool and unique way of sending out a Pokemon to battle, and that image has stuck with me for years.

I also remember the "aim for the horn" part, too. It didn't really bother me when I first saw it, because I think it was before I really knew a lot about Pokemon types. I could tell that Rhydon wasn't a fire type, but that really didn't bother me. I figured it was a rock type, so I thought that suited the whole volcano theme (guess I knew even at age six that rocks can be formed when magma/lava cools).

The only thing I didn't like about this episode was Blaine's design. I wish they used his game design, it suits him better. :/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast