Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Volcanic Panic! (059)

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    GREAT episode.Magmar and Charizard's battle was great!! I loved Onix, Geodude, Pikachu, Togepi, Magmar, and Charizard working together to put out the magma with the boulders. I liked seeing Misty's Pokemon here. Misty should have been able to star here with her Water Pokemon. Epsecially Horsea!!! It would have been better if this were the episode where Charizard started to obey Ash instead of a sad emotional episode. Even Misty said that she thought Charizard was gonna start obeying him here. I loved the gag at the end about Pikachu burning Misty's bike. XD
    I know, amazed some found it boring when in both episodes there was real peril and pikachu could have been severly hurt, even more amazing is that others are saying it was a little OTT yet some people didn't enjoy it or find it exciting?

I can actually see the point about it being OTT but for those who said they were bored with it, or the guy who moaned about sismic toss (which is a powerful attack anyway) or the numerous people who couldnt understand how a fully evolved poke's fire attack managed to overcome type disadvantages, or how pikachu used rhyorns metal to conduct electricity I think it was great, it was exciting and made perfect sense. I like the element of danger in battles. He would not of died though ash would have used the pokeball to stop it falling into the lava.

A good episode, Charizard VS Magmar battling on top of the volcano was rather intense.
    Last edited by Blessed; 4th September 2012 at 3:48 AM.

Ash gets another undeserved badge. Kanto has terrible gym battles. I've seen much better than this. Ash wins using a pokemon he can't even control, and the way he beat Rhydon was dumb and made no sense. Good job on your seventh badge, Ash. 6/10

Horrible episode imo, as with most other Kanto gym battles.
    The Rhydon thing was retarded and would never have worked in the games. :[
    4.5/10
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

This episode really displayed how much heat fire type Pokemon can take, with Charizard able to go straight into the lava and be able to come out and be almost unharmed.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Well, the battle itself was probably one of the most epic moments out of the entire Kanto saga. Just the epic feeling you get from watching Charizard fighting against Blaine's most powerful Pokémon, Magmar. But, even with this in mind, Ash's didn't really do much in winning this match. Last time I checked, Charizard was still disobedient and during the match, Charizard totally disregarded Ash's commands. Therefore, Ash didn't do anything other than representing a disobedient Charizard as its trainer.

Charizard seriously pwned Magmar

A good episode. I did not go crazy over Charizard vs Magmar like some people did. But, that Seismic Toss was epic, I would not want to be Magmar. xD

Awesome episode. Charizard vs Magmar is my favourite battle in Kanto, and one of my favourite battles overall. This battle shows that even if most of Kanto's battles are pretty bad, even Kanto has some pearls in terms of battles.
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

I recently rewatched this, Charizard vs Magmar was incredible. One of his best fights. I pray for a day we get battles like this again.

10/10.

I always remember that battle being pretty darn good, and it still is. It's amazing to think how much hype Magmar was getting back then, and how it's sidelined completely now...

Do the Robot!

This was my favourite gym battle in the Kanto region, and possibly all the other regions. Charizard is awesome!

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Best gym battle Ash had in the Indigo League!
    Charizard versus Magmar on top of a volcano?
    NOW THAT'S A FIGHT!

I am a proud member of the
    Extraordinary Gentleman's Organization (E.G.O.)

This episode picked up where "Riddle me This!" left off. Pikachu was hurt by Magmar's fire blast, so Ash gives up the battle to challenge Blaine later. After Team Rocket's Ice blaster freezes Blaine's place....Ice on the hot rock causes a chain reaction and the volcano starts to erupt. Lave starts to flow from the Volcano, so Blaine sends out Magmar to stop the flow by throwing rocks. Ash sends out Charizard to help, but instead of helping....Charizard lazily lies down. Charizard watches Magmar and throwing the stones into flow and realizes that it's a strong Pokémon, so Charizard decides to help. After stopping the flow Ash and Blaine has an One-on-One match on the top of the volcano. Charizard manages to defeat magmar(even though it didn't listen to Ash) in the battle and Ash gets the Volcano badge. Then we see Misty raging about her stupid bike as the episode ends.

With the exception of "Electric Shock Showdown!" and "The Ninja Poke-Showdown", the gym battles in the Kanto saga were'nt good at all. Compared to the great gym battles in the episodes- "From Ghost to Ghost!", "Who's Flying Now!", "Nice Pryce, bady!(what a sucky dub title!)","Nerves of Steelix!","Balance of Power!"..... most of the first season's gym battles just was lackluster in my opinion.
    As for this gym match, it's cool! I liked the battle between Charizard and Magmar. It's cool how Charizard stopped Magmar's Fire Blast with his arms and threw it in the air. Charizard spinning Magmar in the air and Seismic Tossing it was cool as well.
    It's kinda disappointing that Ash got the Volcano badge by using a disobident Pokémon in the match. Charizard mostly battled on his own, he obeyed Ash for only a few times in this episode. Oh well, at least Ash got the Gym badge by defeating the Gym Leader instead of getting a pity badge. To me, this Gym battle a hundred times better than the gym battle against Sabrina, which was lame.
    I didn't like how Misty was nagging about her bike at the end, she was really annoying.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Dat Seismic Toss: would hate to be on the receiving end of that.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

This has always been my favorite Kanto Gym battle episode. I just simply loved the one-on-one battle between Charizard and Magmar. Team Rocket's antics were funny as well; I particularly liked how Meowth was training Jessie and James at the hot springs to withstand the volcano's heat. Anyway, the volcano meltdown scenes were great.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123