Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Volcanic Panic! (059)

this is probably the best and most exciting gym battle in Kanto. the animation has improved a lot over season one. i felt sorry for Magmar when it did such a hard work at throwing the rocks into the lava pit and it kept exploding. i forgot how funny Charizard was when it didn't obey Ash - stuff like this wouldn't happen anymore in the anime, unfortunately.
    Need: Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles, Pokemon DP: Sinnoh League Victors, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

To Be Continued

I haven't watched this episode in years, but someone tell me; Were there any actual commands issued by either trainer during the majority of the battle? Because the most I can remember is Ash leaning over the edge of the volcano screaming 'Fly away! Get outta there!' as Pikachu tried to hold him back, and possibly a lone 'Flamethrower!' from Blaine's side. Apart from that, all I can recall is the pokémon acting on their own.

Not knocking the bout or anything, since this is one of the few Kanto battles that I feel was genuinely worthwhile, but that's something that's been bugging me for weeks now.

I remeber Ash calling for Seismic Toss, most of the other commands were acted on by the Pokemon by themeselves.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

This episode didn't hold my interest very long. I got kinda bored.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Ha, I thought the lack of commands issued actually made it seem more realistic... In normal battles with Squirtle, Pikachu and the rest the battle needs to be given a sort of direction, but since Charizard and Magmar were made out to be practically adult in their mannerisms this time I think it was cool to allow them to fight it out their own way.

This just slips past Electric Shock Showdown as my favourite gym battle from back in the day, it was great stuff compared to some of the others.

I still remember the first time when i watched this episode.This was great episode and personally one of my favorites.The whole episode was exciting about saving the island from volcano eruption which caused Team Rocket,and the best part was the battle between Charizard and Magmar.One of the best ones in Kanto,and the way in which Charizard managed to deflect Magmars fire blast was brilliant to watch.I also like this episode for the fact that even if Ashs Charizard was stubborn to listen him,he made an exception in this episode because he was interested in battle against Magmar.Also this was one of the gym battles in which Ash win the badge in fair way.

magmar was one of my least favorite poke's at that time, it was a good episode but i've seen better, 7/10.

This episode was suspence full the lava and pikachu almost falling in argh yes very strange i was worred i still occasionly watch this episode seeing i tended to tape them all
    Looking for many battles trying to become better
    Pearl FC: 3523-0838-4720 name Mitch;
    Platnum FC: 5327 7749 8950

your challenges are accepted
    Brawl FC: 0001 4890 9350
    Team Neo-Knight ready to rescue

Vist Shadow Tepi 8's page

I made this myself
    *Claimed the Black Knight
    Claimed Chimchar

I remember, in the previous episode, being frightfully scared that Pikachu would actually fall into the lava pit below.

I love how Charizard got his act together and battled Magmar... even if it was just to try and show off his strength ^^; Regardless, one of Ash's best Gym matches. Battling inside of - and on top of - a volcano? Nothing could beat that in terms of coolness :3
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

It was a good episode and good gym battle. Pretty intense too. The Magmar Charizard battle is just awesome everytime.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I enjoyed the battle between Charizard and Magmar, i think Charizard found a worthy opponent.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Oh i remember i just wanted to see this episode!
    i even think i called myself sick from school just to see how Ash's 7th gym match would end XD
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode was great because Ash's Charizard showed a good battle to Blaine's Magmar, even if it took a lot to control its behavior of disobeying him. With one Seismic Toss, Magmar was defeated and Ash won the Volcano Badge. Now having seven badges, I became psyched to see if he'd win the last badge!

I loved the battle between Charizard and Magmar, two strong fire pokemon.
    Charizard was really strong, even after everyone thought it lost but Charizard came back and it was cool how it beat Magmar.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Ash attempts to heal Pikachu's wounds at the hot springs, it was cute to see him wash his buddy.

Loved that Meowth burned his hand while attempting to open the gym's door. Though blasting beams of ice inside a volcano was kind of dumb even for Team Rocket.

Saving the island was epic with Magmar and Charizard teaming up. The battle was the fiercest battle I've seen in early Kanto. Loved how Charizard beat Magmar. 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I love the song that plays when they throw rocks in the Volcano, and the one during the first part of the fight.

Yeah, I love this episode.
    This episode was very exciting! It kept me on the edge of my couch the entire time! Gotta love the good ole Kanto days.

This was and still is my all-time favorite gym battle. Charizard rapes magmar with an epic seismic toss.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

My 2nd favorite gym battle. It was really cool seeing Charizard battle Magmar and winning! I liked how it dodged Magmar's Fire Blast attack, and survived being thrown into the lava.

60/100

I think this was my favourite Gym battle in Kanto. I liked how the battle was fought on the volcano because it made things seem much more intense and dramatic. I also really liked seeing Charizard`s Seismic Toss for the first time. I was also glad that Charizard listened to Ash during the battle, since I would have been really mad if it just fell asleep or something like it did in the Pokemon League. My favourite part of this episode was after the battle when Charizard burned Ash. xD

I loved this episode. It was epic to see Charizard listen to Ash for once and to see Magmar. It was extreamly cool to see the battle at the top of the Volcano. Blaine looks compleatly different in the games. 10/10

My second or third favorite gym battle in Kanto. It was really good since it was an actual finished battle unlike most of the other gym battles in Kanto. Having the battle on top of the volcano was pretty cool too.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

If I remember, this is the 1st episode Submission was used.

It was also the last time Charizard used Submission.

Again with taking things to the extreme. It should be against the 'Gym rules' to have to battle in areas that can cause potential death to a Pokémon, yet Blaine tells Ash that he would be disqualified as a trainer to continue battling as his Pikachu may end up in the lava... makes no sense to me. It was nice to see Charizard actually help the other Pokémon in stopping the lava flow. It was funny to see Team Rocket being so stupid in the first place to cause all that while they were in the Gym theselves. The last battle where Charizard wins was a good one, although with it being a fire type and having a burning tail, I didn't really think for a second that it actually died when it was taken under the lava. I think this whole episode teaches that Blaine needs to sort out his deadly Gym...

xxx

Cool battle between Charizard and Magmar, and great that Charizard still didn't listen, even though battling Magmar.

However, fighting on a dangerous terrain which might kill Pokemon should be forbidden by law. It is dangerous, and a gym battle isn't worth the life of an innocent Pokemon who just did what his/her trainer told him/her to do.

Also good of Ash to quit in the first battle. As I said, Pikachu's life is more important than a battle and a badge.

GREAT episode.Magmar and Charizard's battle was great!! I loved Onix, Geodude, Pikachu, Togepi, Magmar, and Charizard working together to put out the magma with the boulders. I liked seeing Misty's Pokemon here. Misty should have been able to star here with her Water Pokemon. Epsecially Horsea!!! It would have been better if this were the episode where Charizard started to obey Ash instead of a sad emotional episode. Even Misty said that she thought Charizard was gonna start obeying him here. I loved the gag at the end about Pikachu burning Misty's bike. XD

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast