Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Misty Mermaid (061)

I loved how James was wearing a pink tutu in this episode. It seems like he crossdresses a lot during this season.

I thought that Misty made a great mermaid, she looked so pretty! Also, it was good to see more of Horsea this episode, it's so cute. Too bad Seel/Dewgong stole the spotlight from it. :/

Oh, and it doesn't make sense how Misty and Arbok could breath underwater that long.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Okay, I know Misty was wearing a wig during that performance. Her hair is not that long; normally it's just a short head of hair with a three-inch ponytail. Unless she used some magic hair gel before the play there is no way that was her real hair.
    Or maybe...anime physics!

I think Mermaids are hot, and this might be one of my guilty-pleasure episodes that I keep wanting to watch.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Okay, I know Misty was wearing a wig during that performance. Her hair is not that long; normally it's just a short head of hair with a three-inch ponytail. Unless she used some magic hair gel before the play there is no way that was her real hair.
    Im not sure but i dont think it was "wig" or anything.She also had her hair that long in "Princess vs Princess" and in "Cerulean Blue" from what i noticed she had even little longer hair .
    One of theories i heard was that during that times she had longer hair she somehow managed to put it in same ponytail.

But in reality noone knows explanation behind this being one of those anime mysteryes.It doesnt matter really,this is anime and everything isnt supposed to make sense or be realistic.
    Just like its case with TR surviving being blasted off,mallets apparing out of thin air,Brock managing to have all those dishes and whole table in his backpack(lol)etc.

In any case "Misty Mermaid"was great episode being one of my favorites.

^It could be the weave. Weaves were invented by then right?
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

Quote Originally Posted by hever View Post
    Hair weaving has been around since the time of Ancient Egypt, so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by hever View Post
    Whether it was "weave",something else or her real hair it doesnt matter to me.I accepted how some things in this show happen without explanation not being realistic.

When you think about it its good that some things are being veiled with mystery in this anime adding for better enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Whether it was "weave",something else or her real hair it doesnt matter to me.I accepted how some things in this show happen without explanation not being realistic.

When you think about it its good that some things are being veiled with mystery in this anime adding for better enjoyment.
    Or they can ruin the enjoyment if it's too vague. I hate when I think about things that aren't logical in the Pokemon world... but I digress.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

I liked Misty better with her hair down. But James wearing a tutu really made the episode.

And Dewgong. Adorable.

Where does all of her hair come from?! lol I really liked this episode because for some reason I like the episodes that are centred around Misty. She can actually look like a really pretty lady when she tries. I love how Team Rocket just decide they want to be a part of the show so that they can steal some Pokémon. Seel evolving was nice but how weird does Dewgong sound....

xxx

Another Misty episode I loved it! & she looks so pretty with her hair down

I like the Seel.

No actually...this was the kind of originality that made the first few seasons so good.

But why would Misty's sisters give her the most glamorous part?

Excellent episode focusing on Misty. It's so nice to see her as a Mermaid and the underwater show was beautiful until TR interrupted!
    Last edited by Blessed; 3rd September 2012 at 11:50 AM.

Wow I didn't know Misty had long hair, get it? Long hair.

It's called extintions. We girls do use them. It was nice to see the play though. I felt sorry for Horsea though.

My ideal battle ever!

Pikachu was the best in this episode!

It's called a mystery Casey, just like how TR happens to survive every episode despite being blasted off again.

I guess so. But I really hated her sisters for wanting to keep Starmie. That was the worse thing ever. I loved Starmie more than Staryu.

My ideal battle ever!

^
    Don't worry. Misty still had Psyduck.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I guess so. But I really hated her sisters for wanting to keep Starmie. That was the worse thing ever. I loved Starmie more than Staryu.
    I like Starmie better than Staryu and I agree with you about that. But I also understand, because Staryu got more screen time, so the writers wanted to keep Staryu. And both Staryu and Starmie on one team isn't very convient.

Quote Originally Posted by silent_control View Post
    ^
    Perfect comment! Psyduck is awesome and funny! Sure, Togetic is my favourite out of Misty's Pokemon, but Psyduck is so awesome that it's very close to Togetic for me.

Starmie was more prettier plus Horse was better than Golden but you can't tell that to the writers. But again this is just my own opinion.

My ideal battle ever!

I agree with Casey, Starmie is prettier maybe Misty should have kept that one instead of Staryu but the writers favored Staryu I guess and If Misty brought horsea with her it would evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by silent_control View Post
    ^
    And that's supposed to mean something? She didn't like to battle with it. Whenever she was going to use a Pokemon, Psyduck would come out on it's own instead of her actually dealing with it.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Quote Originally Posted by UnbelievableUrsula View Post
    And that's supposed to mean something? She didn't like to battle with it. Whenever she was going to use a Pokemon, Psyduck would come out on it's own instead of her actually dealing with it.
    Don't forget that one episode, Ninja Poke-Showdown or something... the one where Misty tries to trade her Psyduck to Brock. It unleashes its Neo-Matrix powers and beats everyone. That Psyduck is awesome.

It was funny when Weezing had to surface because it ran out of breath, but Arbok was able to hold its breath and battle.

Ice Beam looked a clear color, I think that was the first and only time it looked that way.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast