Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Misty Mermaid (061)

Misty is very pretty and that was one of the episodes that showed that he likes her but he probably thinks that she doesent
    Ash and Misty forever

They are going pretty fast from the seventh gym to the eight gym. I did enjoy this episode and in particular Misty's and Psyduck's role in this. The sisters were more of a hassle than something meaningful to the synopsis. That is the only downside of this whole episode, the rest was just solid and enjoyable to watch.

Staryu always seemed like Misty's main battler

NO!!!!!!!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME WRITERS?! WHY WOULD YOU GIVE AWAY STARMIE?!/Okay, I seriously don't understand why they would give Misty Starmie and Staryu, if she would have to give back Starmie 54 episodes later after its debut? It saddens me. Daisy could have evolved some of the Pokemon in the Gym or something. Well, at least Staryu's there.

Misty as a mermaid is awesome!
    I really liked this episode. This episode also shows that Misty cares mor for her sisters then they seems to care for her. They actually announce the show even before she accept the roll and then agree to do it anyway.

Just so a few seasons later her sisters can split up the original trio =/

So, Weezing can't hold it's breath as soon as it's sent out, even though it's not a water Pokemon, but Arbok, also not a water Pokemon, can breathe underwater just fine?

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - Sgt. Greg Parker, SRU

Looking back, I'm glad that Team Rocket showed up to ruin the underwater performance here. Without their battle with Misty, this episode would've been really bland, so I'm happy that they gave us some much-needed action. Seel's evolution still felt pointless to me though; what a waste of a climax in my opinion.

Misty looked good in a wig lmao. Her leaving Starmie and Horsea behind was such a wtf moment though. She should've kept them...

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    Misty looked good in a wig lmao. Her leaving Starmie and Horsea behind was such a wtf moment though. She should've kept them...
    To be fair we have no idea if that was "wig", "hair extensions" or might as well say "Misty real hair" when her hair in certain episodes was long. With some fans speculating how her hair might have grew in between before being cut back to usual size and was still managed to be kept under same ponytail pertaining this to anime psychics. Just like Brock was able to cram whole table and chairs in his backpack, mallets and paper clips appearing out of thin air, Jessie hair being cut and growing back to normal size one episode later etc.
    Because this wasn't the only time also having long hair in "Princess vs Princess" and "Cerulean Blue!" episodes. If I left out some feel free anyone to correct me.

Its one of things for which I don't think we will ever find out reason. But what's for sure is that Misty looks great with her hair down reflecting her true beauty.

Agreed over writers decision to keep her Horsea and Starmie at gym. Because it was imo ill planned and injudicious move at that time. They probably did this to make room for new pokemon to join Misty team like Poliwag and later Corsola. As well perhaps thinking how Staryu as unevolved form was in bigger need of development than Starmie(which didn't made much sense since Staryu always seemed to be more experienced and battle ready than evolved form).

But it was still reckless move imo, because Horsea was interesting pokemon. Having potential to evolve all the way to Kingdra at some point in Johto(like during Whirl islands) having new water pokemoln promoted through Misty. Not to mention Starmie would than have chance to be used to full potential and get accurate picture of how strong it really was(we only know his 2 moves never revealing what its capable of). Needless to say Starmie is known for high versatility in number of moves it can learn, unique design and highly productive stats and stamina in games being pity that such cool pokemon from Misty wasn't much showed.

If Misty ever returns I hope we will see this two pokemon in action with Horsea presumably evolving by now.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 16th March 2016 at 7:53 AM.

Good episode since we saw Misty actually doing some thing and Seel's evolution scene was nice. Too bad Dewgong wasn't Misty's Pokemon. 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    Too bad Dewgong wasn't Misty's Pokemon. 8/10
    I think she should've taken it with her since she had dumped 2 of her own mons at the gym already. 2 for 1 ain't a bad deal.

Misty looked amazing with her long hair wig during the play. I was glad that she left Starmie and Horsea behind cuz they weren't doing much on her team any ways, plus I liked how she wanted to leave Psyduck behind. :3

Horsea leaving made me sad because I wanted to see him evolve, but that didn't happen. TR's attack on the water ballet added to the fun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234