Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Battle For The Badge! (063)

Gary was doing well against Giovanni until Mewtwo entered the battle. That's too bad.

Anyway, good episode with several things going on. Gary versus Gio, Togepi getting lost, Ash versus Team Rocket. How they fit that all in is anybody's guess.

Loved that at least Ash got the finally badge without much difficulties but I'm mad that Gio didn't face Ash. 7/10

This episode was ok... Not a good thing when the battle with Mewtwo was more exciting than Ash's gym battle. It was good to see Ash finally earn his final gym badge for Kanto.

40/100

I remember that when I first saw this, I didn't know that was Mewtwo. I thought it was a robot or something. ^^;

I was glad to see it beat Gary, though. I didn't really like Gary all that much when I was a little kid, so I was glad to see him lose for the first time (I think it was the first time?) ^__^

Ash's gym battle was okay. It would have been better if he actually got to battle Giovanni, though.

It was cool to see Gary again. Dunno how he got ten badges though. Cool to see Mewtwo and incredibly cool how this tied in with the movie. Cool to see Ash finally pull through and beat Jessie and funny how Gary rugby tackled Meowth. 9/10

After someone posted the song "One the Road" I immediately remembered this song and HAD to see some discussion on it :P

I remember being sooooo excited that Ash was FINALLY getting his 8th badge and battle Giovanni, the leader of TR. However. I kinda felt cheated when he just up and left, putting JJM in charge. Like, he KNOWS they are incompetent. *sigh* However, if Giovanni had battled Ash (with or without M2) I don't think Ash would have stood a chance at winning.

gary got beat by mewtwo and didn't even bother to ask mewtwo's name either sigh
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

I really was disappointed that Ash had to battle TR for his last badge...

I also thought the electrocuting part was rather stupid

^ The above. It was made even worse when Ash never got around to actually battling Giovanni.

As for the episode, I kind of wish that we got to see other official gyms outside of the eight that we see from the game even if it was just for one episode. Watching Ash battle Team Rocket was an interesting twist for a moment but it was basically watching a glorified version of something that we see almost every episode anyway. It was disappointing.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Gary's so awesome having 10 badges and going for his eleventh lol. Why did Ash throw Togepi though? It's not scary at all lol. And how coincidental that it would happen to fall on Team Rocket. Jessie's fall was hilarious.
    I don't understand how Giovanni got to be a Gym Leader in the first place. Surely the boss of thieves shouldn't be allowed? He doesn't even use a specific type of Pokémon either. I also found it weird how when Gary sent out Arcanine, Giovanni didn't tell it's Kingler to do anything for about 3 moves. Gary did get pwnd with that Mewtwo. It was funny when Team Rocket bring Togepi to Giovanni and it's of no use at all.
    I actually really liked that Team Rocket were made Gym Leaders. Good thing they got Pokémon to use. I loved their schemes with shocking Ash in his little pedestal, even if it did backfire by shocking Jessie too. I also liked how they make their own rules halfway through the Gym Battle. To be honest, it's getting really old how Pikachu manages to defeat Team Rocket with a single attack. They could have really made that final Gym battle a lot better.

xxx

I love this episode.

- Gary having 10 badges, just to show that he is better than Ash.
    - Ash suffering was funny, but it was good that he still won.
    - Team Rocket as gym leaders, using good Pokemon.

However, as Calamity stated in the post above me, this didn't feel like a final gym battle, it could have been much better: a long and exciting fight between three strong Pokemon from Giovanni (not Mewtwo, three non-legends) and Ash (and it was sad that Charizard didn't take part in the gym battle, he should've been in the final gym battle as well).

It was an okay episode. it was nice to see Pidgeotto get some screentime for ONCE.
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

An interesting episode. I liked the battle at the end with Ash & Jessie. Why Ash hasn't met Giovanni yet despite the fact many seasons past by I don't know.

It's because they are waiting until the last season (or last TR season) for them to battle probably. That doesn't really make sense though because they are acting like the main hero and main villain can't have any fights prior to their last encounter. I think they might have something HUGE planned with Giovanni though.

Yeah, this gym battle was quite a disappointing - considering Ash was able to waltz over them. I would much rather have seen a battle between Ash and Giovanni. Now, Gary appearance rate is increasing, which is pretty well-timed - considering it was at the end of obtaining all the badges and the league up ahead. That just made the whole end of Kanto way more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 7threst View Post
    Yeah, this gym battle was quite a disappointing - considering Ash was able to waltz over them. I would much rather have seen a battle between Ash and Giovanni. Now, Gary appearance rate is increasing, which is pretty well-timed - considering it was at the end of obtaining all the badges and the league up ahead. That just made the whole end of Kanto way more interesting.
    Ash would have been crushed against Giovanni. Did you see the Pokemon he had? I'm sorry but Ash was not ready for the leader of that gym or the league back then.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 10th November 2012 at 6:08 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

It was interesting to see TRio as the Gym Leaders
    Walker Sleepover

An amazing episode. I like how Jessie was the Gym Leader and the addition of the stands that made the Trainers feel their Pokemon's pain. But, what I don't understand, is how did Bulbsaur felt hurt when Kingler used Bubble on him.

I still remember to this day exactly where I was when I first saw this episode on sm:TV Live, purely because at the time I had no idea that Mewtwo was to be in it! Unfortunately that was really the only reason, because the rest of it is pretty damn disappointing.
    Gary overpowered Gio's first 2 pokemon far too easily, especially with just a tackle attack... Furthermore, check out the wide shot of all 3 of TRs pokes. Machamp is massive!

Do the Robot!

It was disappointing that Ash didn't get to battle Giovanni......but he if did, he would've lost to Mewtwo. So I'm kinda happy that Ash defeated Jessie, James and Meowth instead, who were using Giovanni's Pokémon.
    I didn't like how they were shocking Ash whenever his Pokémon were getting hurt, Despite TRio's cheap ways, Ash didn't give up and defeated them. I'm glad Ash got the Earth badge, but I didn't like how his Pikachu defeated Rhydon, a Ground-type Pokémon with Thunderbolt despite Ground-type's
    immunity to Electric attacks. That's was just bad writing in my opinion, and it's one of the flaws of the Kanto saga.

As usual, Gary was overconfident in this episode, I didn't like how he was showing off his 10 badges to Ash. He (Gary-stu) even defeated Giovanni's powerful Pokémon easily, untill Giovanni send out MEWTWO! Gary tried to defeat Mewtwo, only to be get owned by him.
    The best parts of the episode were the scenes with Mewtwo and the scene where Gary's Cheerleaders started to cheer for ASH! That must've been a turn of events for Gary.
    Anyway, this was a good episode and also a good setup for the first movie.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 7th October 2013 at 2:06 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

"What the actual blue heck!?" was what what i was thinking when Giovanni sent out (armored) Mewtwo!
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

I still wish that Ash had actually battled Giovanni for the Earth Badge instead of the Team Rocket trio, but alas. I mean Ash would've won the badge regardless, but it was really hard to take the battle seriously with Team Rocket being involved. But I cackled at TR's attempts to get Togepi at least.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123