Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Battle For The Badge! (063)

Giovanni shouldn't b a gym leader...He's EVIL
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

I liked how Gary and Mewtwo both made an appearance, so I was happy about that. I was dissapointed though, that Ash didn't battle Giovanni. I thought it was funny when Togepi pressed both buttons.

A excellent episode, I liked the lead up to the 1st movie they had in this episode and a couple of others. Nice seeing Mewtwo in action in the tv series and also great that the Pokedex had no information on him. Would've been nice to see Ash actually face Giovanni but at least he got his Earth Badge, I didn't care for the battle though it was rushed.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I liked the Mewtwo cameo. Also, I like how Ash has to battle his enemies for his last badge.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by SOS! Its Not Healthy.. View Post
    One point if anyone reading, have anyone noticed of the badges that Gary won does not have the badges that Ash lost and had to rematch again. I noticed how Gary does not have the Thunderbadge, Marshbadge, and the Volcanobadge. It just made me wonder and of course Gary would never tell if he went to those places and lost and not bother trying again, but it was weird of the other badges.
    I guess it's like saying how come Ash didn't have the alternative badges Gary had... Well at the time when they on Cinnabar nobody knew there was a gym still there, I'd say Blaine just reveals it to trainers who show enough desire for it, like that guy with the Marowak.

And as for the Thunder and Marsh badges, if Gary'd gone up against Surge at that early a stage he would probably have only had a couple of Pokémon, the strongest of which may presumably have been his Squirtle, so maybe he just got owned badly...? Chances are he just went a different route to Ash, he had a car after all!

Quote Originally Posted by npdargy312 View Post
    Giovanni shouldn't b a gym leader...He's EVIL
    ..........You Haven't even READ Pokemon special, have you? See, in that series, at LEAST half of the regional Gym Leaders of the Pokemon world ARE evil (Sabrina, Lt. Surge, Koga, and... of course... Giovanni).

@Charizard trainer #1: This episode wasn't a filler, due to the mere fact that this is the episode where he wins the Earth Badge.

And anyways, in regards to how Ash got the badge, what JJM did in regards to their refusing the badge even though he won fair and square (AND with love for his pokemon) was, in a sense, cheating (Heck, Ash even said that what they did WAS cheating).

This was supposed to be Ash and Giovanni meeting for the first time. Glad it happened in Mewtwo Returns.

Could have been better, though.

If no one could get past Giovanni's Mewtwo, how did anyone manage to make it into the Pokemon League? They really needed to explain that better.

Anyways, classic Kanto. Instead of actually having to make Ash face Mewtwo, Giovanni copped out and all Ash had to do was beat up Team Rocket for the 50+th time to get a badge. How does Ash get away with so much in the first season?
    Mostly lurking nowadays.

Phwee, one of my favorite episodes ever ;3

Not because of Mewtwo, but because of the random Ash/Gary moments ^_^

Aside from that, still awesome. I felt kinda bad that Gary lost so quickly :x I was kinda hoping that Ash would take on Mewtwo, y'know? But instead, we have smelly Team Rocket again Oh well, I like what they did with the platforms. It is just so much fun to see Jessie get fried ^_^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

If he would have battle Mewtwo he would of lost again. He lost 4 of the Kanto Gym Leaders
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Even though it was disapointing that it was J+J as the gym leader, I like how it was a tough gym battle, and that he never gave up and won in the end. That, and there were many funny moments in the episode. Gary was actually nice in this episode, making him likeable.

This is supposed to be a ground gym but all we saw was Rhydon and Golem :/ Makes no sense. A good episode anyway,

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

the rhydon looked cool in battle, i really enjoyed watching this one, it has been a while since i saw this episode.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

the rhydon looked cool in battle, i really enjoyed watching this one, it has been a while since i saw this episode.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

I thought it was a bit weird how Pidgeotto managed to battle against Rhydon, i would have thought it would be at a disadvantage.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Love this Epi, never knew Mewtwo was part of it..i think its the best gym battle episode
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode was the greatest of all because it features Ash's last Gym Battle here. Since Giovanni didn't battle him for unknown reasons after leaving and putting in charge of Team Rocket for the gym, they were the ones who battled him. I really enjoyed this episode because the Pokemon League is almost here!

I thought that Ash was going for Giovanni, but since it was Team Rocket instead, I felt a little bad.

Though, It was awesome to see Mewtwo for awhile before the offical first movie came out. Really wicked.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Gary was nice in this one!

The battle was quite good and intensive.

I wonder who Gary battled in the end to get his badge.

I don't think it ever said did it?

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I liked this episode, it was cool. Also, Blue Snover, Gary battled Giovanni and Giovanni used Mewtwo. Okay, about that. It was cheap, because Mewtwo is a legendary and a second Mew!

Jessie and James as Gym Leaders were cheap because they tried to hurt Ash, on purpose. Good thing Ash won and TR got shocked!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I liked this episode, it was cool. Also, Blue Snover, Gary battled Giovanni and Giovanni used Mewtwo. Okay, about that. It was cheap, because Mewtwo is a legendary and a second Mew!

Jessie and James as Gym Leaders were cheap because they tried to hurt Ash, on purpose. Good thing Ash won and TR got shocked!
    They weren't cheap because the pokemon they were using were Giovanni's to begin with. Ash managed to defeat all three of Giovanni's pokemon, as well as Arbok and Weezing, with Pidgeotto, Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Pikachu. Pidgeotto even managed to defear Rhydon, which seemed a bit strange, but nonetheless, it was a win he deserved. The outcome could have been different if Giovanni had actually battled Ash himself, but still.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

OOOh! Mewtwo! Was really getting into the series at this point having finished most of my Uni coursework. My friends and I started replaying the old R/B/Y games at this stage too. Classic.

Well I wonder how much JJandM have to pay for the destruction of the gym, they already destroyed another at celadon.

Great gym battle.

Too bad we have'nt seen Persian fighting.

And Gary's pokemon were so strong, i loved them.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast