Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 89 of 89

Thread: The Battle For The Badge! (063)

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,326

    Default

    Wow Gary having ten badges here really impressed me and I liked how we saw him battle Giovanni and almost win until Mewtwo was used. Giovanni not even wanting Togepi was also interesting. ^^

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Okay so Ash battling Jessie and James for his final Badge was a nice twist, but I wonder why the writer's didn't make Ash face Giovanni instead.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Looks like the Satoshi-tachi got back to Tokiwa City pretty fast. When Shigeru showed Satoshi his ten badges, I was impressed that he had achieved so much. Him versus Sakaki's Mewtwo actually made me feel bad for Shigeru since he lost so unfairly, and Sakaki not wanting Togepy made me snicker.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstardust View Post
    but I wonder why the writer's didn't make Ash face Giovanni instead.
    Hmmm well even if Giovanni hadn't left the Viridian gym, I figure that Giovanni vs Ash would've ended with Ash losing. So I suppose that the writers just took the easy way out by having Ash defeat Team Rocket.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by datdimfb View Post
    Sakaki not wanting Togepy made me snicker.
    He was dumb for that honestly lol. He didn't realize how rare Togepi was, so he missed out on a huge treasure.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    In the fog
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Liked the episode. It was funny to see Ash getting blocked by the guards. Mewtwo appearing was very mysterious. I loved how Ash refused to give up despite being shocked repeatedly.
    9.5/10

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyogreThunder View Post
    Mewtwo appearing was very mysterious.
    It's a shame that we only saw him briefly with his armor on, though it was hilarious to see Gary getting wrecked by Mewtwo's powers so easily.~

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    He was dumb for that honestly lol. He didn't realize how rare Togepi was, so he missed out on a huge treasure.
    It wasn't Giovanni's fault tho. Togepi was a newly discovered pokemon around the time that Jessie and James showed it to him, so he couldn't have known that Togepi was special. Togepi looked so harmless and babyish any ways hee hee. ^^;

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    It wasn't Giovanni's fault tho. Togepi was a newly discovered pokemon around the time that Jessie and James showed it to him, so he couldn't have known that Togepi was special. Togepi looked so harmless and babyish any ways hee hee. ^^;
    But the fact that he hadn't seen a Togepi before is exactly why he should've known that it was rare, hence why he should've kept it. :/

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    But the fact that he hadn't seen a Togepi before is exactly why he should've known that it was rare, hence why he should've kept it. :/
    Hmmm well I guess that is true. Still Togepi was an infant pokemon with not much to offer Giovanni any ways, so him rejecting it made sense. He didn't know that Togepi would eventually gain strong Metronome powers.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Hmmm well I guess that is true. Still Togepi was an infant pokemon with not much to offer Giovanni any ways, so him rejecting it made sense. He didn't know that Togepi would eventually gain strong Metronome powers.
    Eh, I guess. Giovanni's whole role here seemed wasted, though. He swept Gary in a few seconds, then left suddenly. Did we even find out what the emergency was?

  12. #87

    Default

    I loved seeing Mewtwo cameos in this episode especially during the battle with Gary. Ash beating Team Rocket for the earth badge was nice too, but somewhat annoying.
    8/10

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Did we even find out what the emergency was?
    We didn't as far as I remember, tho since he took Mewtwo with him when he left the gym, I kind of assumed that it was to catch the herd of stampeding Tauros that we saw Mewtwo battle in the first film.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    We didn't as far as I remember, tho since he took Mewtwo with him when he left the gym, I kind of assumed that it was to catch the herd of stampeding Tauros that we saw Mewtwo battle in the first film.
    That would be awesome continuity, but it seems like we'll never know for sure. I would have loved to see Giovanni's reaction to the demolished Viridian Gym, though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •