Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Hi-Jynx! (065)

Default Holiday Hi-Jynx! (065)

Holiday Hi-Jynx!

Finding a lone Jynx holding Santa's Shoe. Ash decides to help it find it's trainer Santa...but things get messy when Jessie & James take Santa hostage. Can Ash & co. get there in time and save him?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

How many times has this episode been shown? I've only seen it like once, they really should show it again. By now Santa should upgrade to Stantler instead of Rapidash.
    Yeah!

How many times has this episode been shown? I've only seen it like once, they really should show it again. By now Santa should upgrade to Stantler instead of Rapidash
    They only showed this episode once in the U.S. (Holiday season 1999). The reason for that is that many people think that Jynx is a stereo-type of African Americans. That is the reason why they only showed this once.
    Last edited by Medea; 19th December 2004 at 7:51 PM.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Actually, it was shown at least twice, I know that for a fact. I was able to get this one on tape and it avoided being taped over somehow, so now I'm pretty proud to have one of the unnoficial banned episodes, even though I'm pretty sure you can still buy it. Really it wasn't a very good episode though. I mean, the whole christmas thing was all good, but I just never really liked the actual episode too much. I always thought it was confusing how TR were just randomly in that big castle up on the cliff for no apperent reason. The introduction of Lapras was kinda cool, and it was amusing how Jynx was always trying to kiss Brock.
    ~

Not to mention that this episode pushed the surrealism factor further than it's ever gone before or since - a guest appearance from Santa Claus? PLEASE.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

They must have showed this about 5 years ago, or something. Man, I'll probably never see it again...

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II
    Not to mention that this episode pushed the surrealism factor further than it's ever gone before or since - a guest appearance from Santa Claus? PLEASE.
    Yes, and I'm sure a world where monsters shoot unlimited supplies of fire and water from their mouths is real. >_>

Didn't like how the dub handled changing Musashi's past. Sure, the whole "not believing in Santa Clause" bit could have worked. But the problem was she still DID. Only she believed he was a Jynx. XD
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I love this episode- I mean, Santa Claus having tons of Jynx? Just. Awesome. In the UK, Toonami should show this episode, along with "Snow Way Out", on Christmas Eve.

I just watched this episode the other day to put myself in the Christmas mood. It's so weird now, after watching season seven for so long, to hear Ash when his voice was an octave higher. Anyway, I really like this episode because it's so different from the norm, and it's a chance for Team Rocket to shine (when they're not being badniks, of course), which is so rare nowadays. I like the end when jynx gives them the sweet kiss too. This is definitely a great episode for the holidays.

Ruujura used Lovely Kiss, not Sweet Kiss. This was before Johto. >.>
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I remember the joy I felt when this episode aired. I always thougth Jynx was so awesome after seeing her on the pokerap. I was like Whoa that pokemon is so cool. Jynx's kiss knocked the pokemon out which was awesome. I liked the way she used her psychci powers to show them memories and such. This episode also explained Jynx's part ice type, they come from the North Pole! Santa Claus was great add in too.
    A Championship Battle
    FINISHED: Johto's top psychic trainer and the granddaughter of an Elite Four member go head to head for the Silver Cup championship. Features underused pokemon including Tropius, Slowking, and my personal favorite, Jynx

This story is too fleshed out and completed in my head for me not to finish it. I'm determined to finish my first real, fleshed out fiction. And I'll wait until it's done before posting it. Chapters 6/18.

ShadowSneasal Guest

You can still get this episode on video. I'm not sure which one though. It wasn't really that great because when I saw it, it wasn't (unofficially) banned yet.

This episode is featured on the "Battle at the PokéCorral" tape. I found it at Blockbuster once and hope to rent it.

Indeed. The episode is on DVD and VHS.

Oh, the contreversy is good! And now, of course, she's purple. Huzzah!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

jynx is one of my favorite pokemon and im glad there was an episode entirely devoted to her it was funny that santa clause has jynxes instead of elves

I never saw this episode, but I know it is really weird.

By far the oddest of the Kanto episodes. I didn't like it, but becuase of the ban I want to see it again. >_<

3/10.

i have seen this episode in both english and japanese. i like this episode. they dont show many episodes with jynx in it. to bad too it would be nice seeing jynx again. how many appearcns has jynx made in the us? i think about 1 or 2. sad isnt it? this episode was pretty good ^^ but yet confusing

Banner and sprites made by the amazing Hakuryuu! Thanks! <3

I love you Dara <33

8/11/07

I saw this episode once, and I liked it. I want to see it again. Damn you Weatherford.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

How can Ash has a Charmander when he is Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by grovile
    How can Ash has a Charmander when he is Charizard
    This episode and "Snow Way Out" were originally scheduled to air earlier in season one, but were delayed due to the seizure episode "Electric Soldier Porygon", which took the show off the air for four months in Japan, past the Christmas season. At least it's nice watching them in the midst of Charizard being a jerk, and we get to see what a nice little charmander he was once.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 7/24 NEW!! 7/26 NEW!! 7/29
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: Black1 White1 Diamond Pearl quad hunt
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

#1 Gyrados fan Guest

I am very good at remembering dates and they definetly DID show this episode more than one.

On Wed July 26, 2000 Kids WB reran this episode, I remember watching it that day.

This episode is still avalible on the Video/DVD The Pokecorral

And the reason why Ash stil has Charmander and Misty doesn't have Togepi yet is because this episode actually takes place just before the episode "Pikachu's Goodbye", but the problems with the episode "Electric Hero Porygon" (when the epsiode gave kids cezures) caused this episode and the other episode "Snow Way Out" to be delayed to Epsiodes 65/66.

I also really liked this episode because I thought it was funny that Team Rocket tied up Santa Claus and tried to rob his presents.

This epi was ok. Jesse thinking Jynx was santa was dumb. Lapras was awesome in this epi. 8/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

What DVD can I find the Holiday Hi-Jynx episode on?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast