Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Hi-Jynx! (065)

This was a Weird Episode.

I saw this episode yesterday for the first time in years. It's great sine I remember watching this episode one christmas morning after opening presents. The scene with Lapras appearing to Satoshi underwater brings back memories.

i miss the black jynx w/ blue ahnds...
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Iv'e only seen fragments of the episode on youtube. I didn't think it was that hot.

Could someone please explain me why does Jessie atacked Ash and Co. with James Weezing!?!?

I believe it has an apparent reason, but I really don't get it...

I love holiday episodes. But it's too bad that it was banned because of Jynx.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

I was surprised that it was on the season set. I thought that it was banned for good.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

What I want to know is why on earth was Jessie in a castle in the flashback as a kid?

I don't know much about the whole banning of the episodes bit, but presumably this and Snow Way Out occur one after the other, in which case Snow Way Out paints the picture of Jessie being very poor as a child, having to eat snow...

Did they win the lotto or something...?

I had to laugh at Jynx floating away on the chunk of ice, just waving the boot at the shoreline... Wouldn't have tried freezing a bridge back over, no...?

I wasn't mad about Lapras in this episode, it really seemed kinda tacked in and pointless... Was there ever another instance of a telepathic Lapras?

I saw this episode for the first time in my life ever today. And what a great time for that, on christmas eve today. The jessie in the castle thing was weird, but I thought it was cool to see santa and all those Jynx helpers. I just knew there was a holiday pokemon episode like this but just never saw it... I'm glad I finally saw it. Talking Lapras in this episode was quite cool as well.

It was nice to see the old team again. (Think of charmander)

I loved this episode, it got me into this Christmasy mood. And I got to see Jynx, one of my favourite pokemon (I love Ice type pokemon).
    P.S. Lovely Kiss ftw

The time line of this episode made no sense. But it was a nice Christmas special. All the Jynx helpers were really cute.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 8:10 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

The first time I saw this ep, it REALLY confused me. For starters, Jessie's flashback to that traumatic Xmas night spent in that rather grand-looking manison appeared to contradict the suggestion laid down in other episodes that she came from an impoverished background, while Santa's explanation that he couldn't return Jessie's doll because she "didn't believe in him" seemed waaaaaay off the mark, given that the episode's narrative pretty much hinged upon the implication that she DID believe in him, quite fervently at that, even if she was somewhat mistaken as to his true identity. Things made a bit more sense when I read up on how things in the original Japanese version went - there, Santa's excuse for withholding Jessie's doll was that, by the time it had been repaired, Jessie no longer lived in the mansion (implying that it was merely one of the many foster homes which Jessie supposedly lived in as a child), and Santa didn't know where to find her. At least, unlike the English version, it doesn't contradict its own internal logic, but all the same, I have to wonder - what was there to stop from Santa from actually finding her? Why wasn't he able to keep track of these things? Isn't he supposed to know where every child upon the planet lives (according to popular legend, anyhow)?

Most cartoons get their cheesy Xmas episode at some point or other (in which some incarnation of St. Nick more than likely puts in an appearance), and this was Pokemon's, I guess. Not being a huge fan of cheesy Xmas episodes myself, or of Jynx for that matter, I didn't really care for it all that much.
    Last edited by Raikipper; 2nd January 2009 at 10:17 PM.

When I saw this ep. I'm guessing Jessie's mansion was her mother's since she was a high rank team rocket member and made lots of money then later when she died Jessie was transferred to a poor foster home. Also Jessie was using weezing while James and meowth were dancing in the flames, to blot out charmander's eyes like ep. 3 when koffing blotted out pikachu's eyes.

i never saw this episode back when it was aired for the first time, still i managed to watch it since a friernd had it on DVD, it was a fun episode.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

Poor Jessie, thinking that Santa stole her doll.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Okkkk that was the strangest episode ever, I mean what the??? All of a sudden its Christmas and Santa has elfs as Jynx's and for a raindeer he has a Rapidash???? and last time I saw Ash's Charmander was a Charizard. And a few more things.
    That was a random episode in the history of history of history of Pokemon. O.o

Anyway,actually this was generally a nice episode, everyone loves Christmas specials, although it would have been nice if the old cliché of the bad guy turning good for the occasion played out, but I guess that's simply what makes pokémon different.

I remember seeing Charmander in this episode and going, "wtf, isn't it Charizard by now?" But then I found out all about it.

I rather liked the backstory they gave Jessie. She had a difficult childhood, poor thing. I didn't like that strange Jynx... and the fact that they unrealistically got to the North Pole in under a day. Well, the Lapras sure was helpful. I loved the ending with all the snowflakes falling and Pikachu cuddling a gift. So cute~
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Great ep.

Jynx was nice. i loved her and how she tried to help Jessie.

5/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I've only seen this episode twice, it rarely ever airs on TV and it's a pain to find elsewhere :/

Loved the plot, though it was heavily edited from the original version. Jessie as a kid sounded just like Misty (same VA). Loved the Jynx and Santa. Not everyday that a fictional character known around the world appears in Pokemon.

A great holiday episode, 6/10

When this aired on tv as EP65 (if i put banned eps in) I diddent understand why ash still had charmander

i never knew it was meant to be EP039 untill a few years ago ^^
    I loved this ep, shame WB Kids banned it and never gave CN the tape
    Hello!

xD

I can't believe that in all 13 years that this series has been on the air that this has been the only Christmas episode that we've ever gotten . You'd think that at least another one would've occurred in the Johto saga given how long it was.

The most bizarre episode I ever saw... Jessie definitely had a rough childhood. The jobs of the Pokemon for Santa made absolutely no sense... Very cool seeing Lapras be able to talk in this episode.

49/100

I hope Jessie didn't lose her doll during Blasting Off
    My Team:
    Clefable .. Ampharous .. Poliwhirl .. Scizor .. ? .. ?

This was a really weird episode. Having Santa Claus in this felt really strange...he just doesn't belong in the world of Pokemon IMO. It made me feel really weird. O__o

Jessie seeking revenge on Santa for breaking her doll seemed a tad insane. I mean really, what sane person wastes years of their life contemplating revenge on someone who may not even exist? >__>

Jynx creeped me out. It was gross seeing it try to kiss Ash, and I kept wondering why Santa would want to keep such a freaky-looking Pokemon with him. xD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast