Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow Way Out (066)

Default Snow Way Out (066)

Snow Way Out!

While travelling across a Mountain, Pikachu gets blown away by a harsh wind. Ash decides to follow it so he can get his friend back. In doing so he gets lost overnight. Can Ash and his Pokemon survive or will they become Poké-sicles

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Factory Head Noland Guest

This episode is good, I like it when Jessie has a flashback to when she was little and she used to eat snow. My favourite part of the episode is when Jessie says:
    "I can't make snow rolls moma's way without soy sauce!"

Waterstar Misty Guest

I really thought this was a really good episode, it so sweet how Ash tried to get Pikachu into his pokeball so Pikachu wouldn't freeze but he refused and said in his pika language that he wanted to stay with Ash, and then when all his pokemon came out their pokeballs to be with and help Ash keep warm, this episode showed how much Ash and his Pokemon care about each other.

meggirl63 Guest

The one moment that touched me was Ash having a few tears of joy in his eyes after having Pikachu back in his arms.

Touching, but VERY out of sync with continuity. Did they put it in the right place eventually?
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Indigo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Touching, but VERY out of sync with continuity. Did they put it in the right place eventually?
    I don't think so. But we all know what happened anyway.

In any case...

TiVo recorded this episode for me, and as soon as I saw the title, I screamed. I've been waiting to see this episode for years.

I loved it. It was amazing. Snowgisboard was kinda weird, but that beyond touching moment was enough to clinch the episode and more. I cried so hard, even after the first time I saw it. Although I think Ash saying, "Pikachu! It's an order!" was kind of dumb to put in. Ash of all people wouldn't command his Pokémon around like toy soldiers.

But it was a great episode nonetheless. I really wish they'd do things like that with the Hoenn team. C'mon, who wouldn't want to see Grovyle cuddling up to Ashy boy? X3

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo
    But it was a great episode nonetheless. I really wish they'd do things like that with the Hoenn team. C'mon, who wouldn't want to see Grovyle cuddling up to Ashy boy? X3
    I wouldn't. *shudders*

It was quite the emotional scene though.

Jessie and her snow. Inseperable.

An o.k. episode. After the premiere, they didn't show it for a while, then I kept seeing it over and over again.

8.3/10
    Yeah!

PokeFan4Ever7783 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo
    I don't think so. But we all know what happened anyway.

In any case...

TiVo recorded this episode for me, and as soon as I saw the title, I screamed. I've been waiting to see this episode for years.

I loved it. It was amazing. Snowgisboard was kinda weird, but that beyond touching moment was enough to clinch the episode and more. I cried so hard, even after the first time I saw it. Although I think Ash saying, "Pikachu! It's an order!" was kind of dumb to put in. Ash of all people wouldn't command his Pokémon around like toy soldiers.

In the type of situation Ash and Pikachu were in you can't blame him for ordering Pikachu to get in the Pokeball he just didn't want Pikachu to freeze to death. He'd rather Pikachu and his other Pokemon be safe then himself. He even says this actually "I promise I'm gonna be okay as long as I know your safe." before he commands Pikachu to get in the Pokeball. You should know Ash would sacrifice himself anytime for the well being of his Pokemon. So him saying "Pikachu it's an order" wasn't dumb he was just looking for Pikachu's safety. I will say in this episode you can tell 2 minds think alike their both so frigging stubborn!

as for cuddling with Ashy boy not me! no way! I like Ash but there are limits.
    Last edited by PokeFan4Ever7783; 18th May 2005 at 12:31 AM.

This was a really touching episode as it showed how much Ash cared about his pokemon and they about him. The fact that they all came out of their poke-balls to help Ash keep warm at the end was really beautiful.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

The dramatics in this episode were pretty good. It was pretty suspenseful, having Pikachu hanging off a cliff, Ash and company braving the storm, and Team Rocket toughing it out all night (LOL at them pinching each other all night ). It's also interesting how Brock and Misty were covered up as the storm started blowing, but Ash was never wearing more than the clothes on his back, and he didn't start freezing until he tried plugging up the hole in the snow cave. Wow, he really is hot-blooded, LOL.

I didn't see this episode or "Holiday Hi-Jynx" in their original airings, but I think they did some good timing by running these two episodes out of their normal order. We got one more look at the nice, obedient charmander before things went so horribly wrong for a year. I was choking up during the scene where the pokemon cuddle with Ash, knowing that things would soon go oh-so-bad for a while with charmander.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

meh i didnt like this epi much. I thought the only good part was seeing Charmander again. 5/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

I cried in this episode. More so than ever when Ash was sacraficing himself for the Pokemon and that stupid Drama music had to come on at the same time. When I first saw it I was all oh crap here comes the music, than I started to cry LOL. Any who I give it a perfect score, one of my favorite episodes from season one.

Aww this was a pretty cool episode(pun intended). It was so sweet when Ash and his Pokemon were trying to keep warm.
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-Jesus

Please help save the unborn! http://www.priestsforlife.org/

I think the most amusing part of the episode was Jessie rolling around in the snow. Heh, it really was sweet to see her act so child-like. I guess I can also agree with the scene of Ash keeping all of his Pokemon warm (or maybe it was the other way around) being a bit emotional.

...Though, hearing that Misty and Brock had spent the entire night in the hotspring together was... Ha ha ha! Seriously, they both seemed to be pretty chipper on the following day. I wonder what happened with them.

A OK Episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstar Misty View Post
    I really thought this was a really good episode, it so sweet how Ash tried to get Pikachu into his pokeball so Pikachu wouldn't freeze but he refused and said in his pika language that he wanted to stay with Ash, and then when all his pokemon came out their pokeballs to be with and help Ash keep warm, this episode showed how much Ash and his Pokemon care about each other.
    yeah, that was just heartwarming. ill bet AP'ers have never seen THAT episode. I also like the part where ash and bulbasaur save pikachu

thanks to pokecharms for the awesome trainer card
    PM me for PMD 1 pre-rayquaza rescuing or for a netbattle match.
    there's no point in giving you my D/P FC, i never play it, lol.

A very nice heartwarming episode I cried again watching this. Only thing thats bothers me is that this episode was shown out of order from the rest of series, looking at Bulbapedia they say it was supposed to air before "The Battling Eevee Brothers".
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

The part when Ash is with his Pokemon after he tries to get them to stay in their Pokeballs always makes me feel so happy. That was such a sweet moment.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

I was just watching this episode and i noticed that ash had charmander, but by then charmander had already evolved into a charizard.

this seems odd that they could have made such a big mistake.

but other than this i thought it was a really nice episode.
    Singnature: X _________________________ <-- SIGN HERE

I Am Temporarily Away!

It wasn't a bad episode but what I don't get is how did Ash get a Charmander? Because Ash's Charmander evolved quite a few episodes ago into a Charmeleon then into a Charizard. Can somebody please explain? I'm 99% positive this is a mistake because I don't remember Ash getting a 2nd Charmander.

It wasn't a bad episode but what I don't get is how did Ash get a Charmander? Because Ash's Charmander evolved quite a few episodes ago into a Charmeleon then into a Charizard. Can somebody please explain? I'm 99% positive this is a mistake because I don't remember Ash getting a 2nd Charmander.

For the zillionth, billionth, and any other number you want, This episode was made before Charmander evolved but was delayed because of the Porygon incident, and in the US it was also held back to air near Christmas. I can't believe people STILL Don't know this. It's been 10/9 years!
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

what i think they should do is upgrade the games silver, crystal, and gold! they should even remake fire red and leaf green and put in at least some pokemon contests...what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by empoleon23 View Post
    what i think they should do is upgrade the games silver, crystal, and gold! they should even remake fire red and leaf green and put in at least some pokemon contests...what do you guys think?
    And this relates to the episode . . . how, exactly?
    3DS Friend Code: 2208-6124-8748
    Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr, and Duosion. Feel free to add me if you want.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast