Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snow Way Out (066)

I could never seem to see the episodes when they first aired, so Charmander appearing didn't matter. I was used to stuff like that happening. All-in-all this is a decent episode. I'm happy that Ash pulled through; the journey is dangerous, and this episode shows it.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

I remember seeing Charmander and being like "WHUT"

Yep. I cried, so what? Wanna fight about it? These episodes always get to me, seeing Ash's Pokemon cuddle with him really made me sad. *wipes tear*

I love the scene when Ash and his Pokemons huddle to try to stay warm. Pikachu never wanna be in the Pokeball but this time it was not only because he hate being inside but also for the fact to make sure Ash would be okay.

It is so great to see all Pokemon he has going out of their Pokeballs and huddle with him. This shows us how special they are for each other. One of the best scenes in the Anime!

I found it funny how Ash almost froze but Misty and Brock found a hot spring.

This episode still gets to me after all these years...I wish we had more scenes like this

~marioluigifan05

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmanmark View Post
    nice episode but why is charmander in it? he already fully evolved in charizard
    I was confused by that too when I first watched it. I think it was probably for marketing purposes. At that point in time Charmander was probably far more popular than Charizard, so since those episodes weren't really in the story-line of the show much they decided to bring Charmander back?

That's just a theory of course, and could be dead wrong. *Shrugs*

The episode order was messed up because of the Porygon episode I believe. That's why it's still a Charmander.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    The episode order was messed up because of the Porygon episode I believe. That's why it's still a Charmander.

Oh. Yeah. That makes sense. -_-' xD

Because of the Porygon Seizure incident the episodes were messed around, this took place before Charmander evolved but aired in the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    I was confused by that too when I first watched it. I think it was probably for marketing purposes. At that point in time Charmander was probably far more popular than Charizard, so since those episodes weren't really in the story-line of the show much they decided to bring Charmander back?

That's just a theory of course, and could be dead wrong. *Shrugs*
    omg I know right, I had wondered that for many years, it was so confusing! lol that was weird....but cool.
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

Quote Originally Posted by Pikafleg View Post
    omg I know right, I had wondered that for many years, it was so confusing! lol that was weird....but cool.
    Yeah. xD I've now been told that it was because Electric Soldier Porygon messed up the airing times with its seizure problems, so that's why Charizard was still Charmander. The episode just aired at the wrong time.

I still think I had a pretty good, and rather reasonable theory though! xD

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    This is a good episode, and it shows the love of Ash's Pokemon for their trainer. However, Ash shouldn't have tried to get Pikachu back in his Poke Ball, Ash knows how much Pikachu hates that by now. But Ash deserved the cold problems, because of his stubbornness.

Emotional episode, 9/10.
    Ash knew that Pikachu wouldn't like it, but he also knew that Pikachu would be better off inside the Pokeball. Sometimes what is best for someone may not be what they want.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

I really liked this episode because this episode mostly focused on only Ash and his Pokémon. Also, it's good to see Ash on his own for a while.

The best part of this episode was the scene in the cave. It's great when Bulbasaur, Charmender, Squirtle and Pidgeotto were trying to warm Ash up when he was freezing in the cave, it was so touching. The cave scene was one of the most memorable scenes from the Kanto saga in my opinion.

It's sad how Ash had to spend the whole night in a cold cave, but Misty and Brock spent the whole night in a hot spring. But still, it was a very good episode.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Very emotional episode - makes me miss the old days!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123