Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Showdown at the PokeCorall! (067)

Quote Originally Posted by SoLaR-ScEpTiLe View Post
    I loved the episode, but i was a bit confused when i saw all the tauros ^^
    Yes, all because the US couldn't edit out a gun scene :/

I liked it, though the beginning was boring. It wasn't until Oak was explaining Pokemon that I gained interest on it. I liked Gary's giant Krabby though it was probably stronger than Ash's.

Team Rocket find their bosses hideout, then Mewtwo destroys it, lol. 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by SoLaR-ScEpTiLe View Post
    I loved the episode, but i was a bit confused when i saw all the tauros ^^
    I remember feeling the same way! I was like where the heck did all of these Tauros come from?! It was nice to go back to Pallet.

Something confused me about this episode. When Prof. Oak scans Ash and Gary's Pokedexes, he says Gary has caught 60 Pokemon but just a few minutes later, he says he caught 200 Pokemon. Also the way Brock spoke of Togepi, he seemed to be already aware that Togepi was not one of the original 150 Pokemon.

Also Gary was shocked that Meowth could talk even though he already met him in "The Battle Of The Badge".

Overall quite a good episode..
    Last edited by CliveKoopa; 16th January 2010 at 11:54 AM.

I had this episode on VHS and I remember being so PO'd that Gary and Ash didn't battle because it was the last episode on the tape and I made my mom buy the tape because I thought they battled in it. I was also super confused seeing all of those Tauros and finding out they were Ash's, I was so lost. This episode was OK though.

Krabby being brought up again was surprsing since Gary have never seen one of Ash's pokemon except of Pikachu. And Ash should have battled Garry in this episode. Just before the league, it should have been the last training battle.

I loved seeing Mewtwo in this episode even if it was just flying away. Also I feel bad for Ash having to fix the fence at the end of the episode.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

The 1st time I saw this episode, I was very confused as to how Ash has 30 Tauros, but after seeing the other episode, it made sense. Gary's arrogance really shines in this episode, especially when it was said that he had seen less, but caught more pokemon, and Ash has seen way more pokemon but has caught less. Seeing Duduo for the 1st time was cool.

40/100

The whole 30 Tauros thing confused me when I saw this episode. I couldn't think of how I could've possibly missed Ash catching that many Pokemon.

I liked the part where Team Rocket was blown up by Voltorb and Electrode, and the part where Ash says something about Misty becoming more like Psyduck. xD I also liked how unbelievably large Oak's lab is.

Overall, though, I found most of this episode to be boring. There weren't many interesting things in it. :/

OMG, i love this episode
    one reason that i absolutly love this episode is because it had one of the most hallarious quote ever!!

"Im no loser, i earned 8 badges" made by ash, i absolutly was wetting myself laughin on the floor i couldnt stop laughing, it was the way he said it, and the fact that gary had two more badges then him (who would want 10! unless you were paul who think one of the gyms were pathetic)

--------------------------

When every life meets another life....something will be born----....
    ...... connectoin!!
    Allright, I GOT MY Spike-shell Badge BADGE!!!
    Shipping's i love:
    Poke Ikari Contest and Oldrival
    YouTube-Main Youtube-AMV
    Facebook
    Fanfictoin
    my fc for pokemon black: 0218 0023 3033 SLR(girlsign)

PM me first

This episode was the first full Pokemon episode I've ever seen, so it's very nostalgic for me.

It was a shame I didn't get to see anyone battle, because I did want to at least see how the whole premise of the show worked.

I love that Gary acts all smug and says Electric isn't good against Rock when Electric really isn't good against Ground. It's like the writers don't know a thing about the game.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilijix View Post
    I love that Gary acts all smug and says Electric isn't good against Rock when Electric really isn't good against Ground. It's like the writers don't know a thing about the game.

That was until Iron Tail was introduced. That should wipe that smug smile of Gary's face if Pikachu had known Iron Tail at the time.

This was a good episode. It was nice to see so many different Pokémon and how Professor Oak's lab works. It was also funny how Gary is better than Ash in pretty much every way. I like how Jessie can just pick up and fling that Geodude... I thought they were heavy!

xxx

I'm still having trouble understanding how those other 2 trainers just were wasted like that.. Why did they just give up..

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

When seeing this episode for the first time, the 30 Tauros shocked me. After seeing "The legend of Dratini" on the internet some years ago, I finally understood. Nice to see how Professor Oak works, and to see Gary's Krabby. This is a very interesting episode. Brock asking to Gary what he would choose against his Geodude, and then Misty saying Ash would use Pikachu was funny. Ash didn't get a chance to answer. However, if he did, he would've probably said "Pikachu" anyways, so it doesn't matter. 10/10 for an awesome Kanto episode, this one is so memorable and perfect.

I like the episodes when Ash is in Oak's ranch.

Ah, good episode this is. I just love the whole prequel to the Indigo League and this episode elaborated that thoroughly. What I also find interesting is that with the increasing appearance of Gary, you, the viewer, can feel that rivalry sparking between them. That makes thus more enjoyable to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by 7threst View Post
    Ah, good episode this is. I just love the whole prequel to the Indigo League and this episode elaborated that thoroughly. What I also find interesting is that with the increasing appearance of Gary, you, the viewer, can feel that rivalry sparking between them. That makes thus more enjoyable to watch.
    agreed this episode made me excited for the league

Ooooh. A Starmie and Staryu. Okay Misty, you take one on the count of three. One. Two. Three! Okay, run run. Hearing what Gary said should be a wake up call for Ash. He slacks off, and he doesn't catch Pokemon. He attempts to do it, but fails most of the time.

Here's a question: If Ash had a bed above his shelves, why was he sleeping on the floor in the first place?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Wondering why Titania gave Calem a keystone
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

This episode finally showed Ash's 30 Tarous that he caught in the episode "The Legend Of Dratini", but sadly that episode didn't air in US. But this left a plot-hole in the english dub of the Kanto saga.
    Gary annoyed me in this episode ....... he collected 10 (2 unneeded)badges just to show-off in front of Ash. Rewatching this episode reminded me how much I disliked Gary back then. Gary having 200 Pokémon didn't make sense to me ....... that particular part of the episode was badly writing, there's no way a trainer can catch that many Pokemon in that amount of time.
    I did like the scene where MEWTWO destroys Giovanni's headquarters and leaves, that was the best part of this episode in my opinion. Prof. Oak mentioned about the two other trainer who left Pallet Town with Ash and Gary, didn't succeed as trainers.....but sadly he never said who were the trainers. I guess it'll remain a mystery forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Here's a question: If Ash had a bed above his shelves, why was he sleeping on the floor in the first place?
    it was either a mistake or Ash was used too sleeping like that after his Kanto journey.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 28th September 2013 at 9:39 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

How could Gary forget meowth? He just body slammed him a few episodes before.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I just assumed the reason Gary had/caught 200 Pokemon was because, maybe, he caught more than one of the same Pokemon over time.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12