Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Showdown at the PokeCorall! (067)

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,560

    Default

    It was cool seeing Mewtwo's cameo when Team Rocket went to Giovanni's place. I also liked seeing Ash's Krabby again, plus Gary had such a huge collection of pokemon which made Ash seem weaker. ^^;

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    645

    Default

    I don't remember, did we ever see Gary's Kingler before? My favorite part was when we heard how many Pokemon Gary had.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstardust View Post
    I don't remember, did we ever see Gary's Kingler before?
    Yup we saw Gary's Krabby when Ash caught his own Krabby in the 'Mystery at the Lighthouse' episode. It was shown in a tank at Oak's lab. :3

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Yup we saw Gary's Krabby when Ash caught his own Krabby in the 'Mystery at the Lighthouse' episode. It was shown in a tank at Oak's lab. :3
    Thanks I forgot. But did they explain why Gary's Krabby was so huge in the first place while Ash's was mini sized?

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    It was good seeing Masara Town again, best of all Okido-hakase and Shigeru as well. I didn't know that Shigeru had caught so many Pokemon, and Okido-hakase's explanation of his daily routine was oddly fascinating to me. I also liked Sakaki's brief cameo when his hideout blow up due to the armored Mewtwo.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    I had this episode on VHS and I remember being so pissed off that Gary and Ash didn't battle, because it was the last episode on the tape and I made my mom buy the tape because I thought they battled in it...

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by datdimfb View Post
    I didn't know that Shigeru had caught so many Pokemon, and Okido-hakase's explanation of his daily routine was oddly fascinating to me.
    I liked that Gary had such a large selection of Pokemon in his collection, but I think the writers went overboard by giving him two hundred ha ha. He didn't need multiples of the same Pokemon, so I wonder why he went on such an extreme catching spree.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    I liked that Gary had such a large selection of Pokemon in his collection, but I think the writers went overboard by giving him two hundred ha ha. He didn't need multiples of the same Pokemon, so I wonder why he went on such an extreme catching spree.
    Gary catching so many Pokemon was reasonable, though. He obviously wanted variety and catching many of the same kinds of Pokemon gave him that.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstardust View Post
    Thanks I forgot. But did they explain why Gary's Krabby was so huge in the first place while Ash's was mini sized?
    I don't think its size was explained, so my guess is that Gary's Krabby was just bigger to make Ash's Krabby seem weaker by comparison hee hee. Gary's Pokemon tended to seem stronger than Ash's in general in the Kanto saga.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    214

    Default

    I liked when we saw TR visit the base and how they saw Mewtwo, but the point of Ash visiting Oak's tiny lab seemed flimsy at best.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •