Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Evolution Solution (068)

Hybrid View

Default The Evolution Solution (068)

The Evolution Solution!

Sent to Seafoam Island to learn from Prof. Westwood V, Ash & co get caught in a bit of research of his, the explaining why Slowpoke and Shellder evolve together into Slowbro. However Team Rocket have another plan...to get the Shellder and steal the Slowbro for themselves...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This is one of my all-time favorite eps. Here's a soundclip I made from it:

http://members.shaw.ca/geodudesounds...twood12345.wav

XD XD

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

This epsiode was great. It really gave our UU friend, Slowbro, some spotlight. Not to mention it named about every positive and scientific aspect of Slowbro. Shellder was pretty darn cute too. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that handsome 'portrait' of that scientist? XD, I must see that again!!

Overall rating:
    9.0 out of 10!!!
    Great filler, and a great Kanto episode(for once).

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Ororo Munroe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    This is one of my all-time favorite eps. Here's a soundclip I made from it:

http://members.shaw.ca/geodudesounds...twood12345.wav
    I like that part.

This was a good episode. It's amusing how Westwood made things up and I like the part at the end with Psyduck and Slowbro talking. LOL

Shellder Clamps on Psyducks head.
    Ash: It'll be a Psybro now.
    Misty: I've never heard of a Psybro.
    Brock: That's because there's no such thing.
    XD
    It's episodes like this make Kanto Pokemon at its best.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Shellder Clamps on Psyducks head.
    Ash: It'll be a Psybro now.
    Misty: I've never heard of a Psybro.
    Brock: That's because there's no such thing.
    XD
    It's episodes like this make Kanto Pokemon at its best.
    Precisely, It's the humor more than anything that wins my vote for kanto in the animé being the best region.

The gags were funny, Professor Westwood continuously apologising to his predecessors for example. I liked James version of being a Pokémon master, you just couldn't help but laugh at him. We miss this sort of suff in advanced *sigh*.

The whole idea of Slowbro's evolution on what Westwood was trying to explain isn't anything too important. It's just for the sake of the filler.

Both Slowbro and Slowpoke came off highly in this, I remember my friend even saying that they were his favourites as soon as he saw this episode.

Despite it being a regular filler, this is definitley one of more favourites of all time.

Mistystar89 Guest

I loved this episode. There was such comedy into it. XD 9.0/10

I knew they'd devote an episode to the science behind Slowpoke's evolution ever since they introduced the concept in "Island of the Giant Pokémon", and this episode did it well. Professor Westwood is one of those dippy one-shot characters you can't help but like. And it's too bad Jessie lost her Shellder - that could have gone somewhere.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II
    I knew they'd devote an episode to the science behind Slowpoke's evolution ever since they introduced the concept in "Island of the Giant Pokémon", and this episode did it well. Professor Westwood is one of those dippy one-shot characters you can't help but like. And it's too bad Jessie lost her Shellder - that could have gone somewhere.
    I agree. If she still had it, it'd probably have fun dousing Torchic. Is it me, or does Jessie seem to hat May as much she did Misty?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebok
    I agree. If she still had it, it'd probably have fun dousing Torchic. Is it me, or does Jessie seem to hat May as much she did Misty?
    It's probably residual hate from the Wurmple thing.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Well, May and Jesse are contest rivals.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

I always hate Episodes with Slowpoke,or that family,but I personally enjoyed this one.

I'm not the biggest fan of slowpokes either, but at least Psyduck and slowpoke together was really funny. I like it at the end of the episode when Misty says she's heard of not knowing how to say goodbye but this is ridiculous. Westwood V was pretty funny, especially when he kept going to all the portraits and forgetting that the last one was himself. I also liked when he begged Team Rocket to call him Westwood V and Jessie says she'd call him Henry VIII if he gave them his pokemon.

It's too bad that Team Rocket couldn't get slowbro, or weren't able to keep shellder more than one episode, but at least this was a pretty good episode otherwise.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

This episode was pretty good, and It has some funny moments. I liked seeing Misty in her White swimswit at the beginning of this episode, she was looking nice in it. This episode's COTD Professor Westwood(5) was funny, I liked how he kept talking to all those portraits and forget that the last potrait .... which was his own potrait. was himself. It's also funny when Ash, Misty and Brock were whispering about Professor Westwood being "a little enccentric", and Professor Westwood thought that they were Kidnappers! LOL.
    Shellder biting on Psyduck's head was funny, Psyduck's headache blasting Team Rocket off was funny as well. Psyduck and Slowbro's interactions were odd. Oh well, they had almost same personality after all. Ash's "Psybro" joke was hilarious.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 28th April 2014 at 1:42 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I found it weird how even though it looks nothing like a normal Shellder, the shell on Slowbro's tail is still referred to as one.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Brock: "I'm into legendary Pokemon, Westwood Five, you must have tons of information on 'em!"
    Westwood: "Only what I've created myself, because I'm not convinced most of them exist. Right now I'm working on a fictional account of the subject."
    Misty: "You mean you're making stuff up?"
    Westwood: "Gah!...Well, I guess you could say I'm making stuff up, I suppose...Forgive me, Westwood the First, the Second, the Third, the Fourth, the Fifth!...I forgot, that one's me!"

Ash: (whispering) "Professor Westwood seems a little...eccentric."
    Brock: (whispering back) "It's probably hereditary. He must have gotten it from Westwoods One through Four."

Westwood: "AAAAHHH! They want to kidnap me and make me their slave! They want my superior intellect to help rule the planet! Please, the First, the Second, the Third, the Fourth, the Fifth, you gotta help me, save me for the sake of the Westwoods!...Oh, I forgot again, that's me."

Memorable, memorable quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Brock: "I'm into legendary Pokemon, Westwood Five, you must have tons of information on 'em!"
    Westwood: "Only what I've created myself, because I'm not convinced most of them exist. Right now I'm working on a fictional account of the subject."
    Misty: "You mean you're making stuff up?"
    Westwood: "Gah!...Well, I guess you could say I'm making stuff up, I suppose...Forgive me, Westwood the First, the Second, the Third, the Fourth, the Fifth!...I forgot, that one's me!"

Ash: (whispering) "Professor Westwood seems a little...eccentric."
    Brock: (whispering back) "It's probably hereditary. He must have gotten it from Westwoods One through Four."

Westwood: "AAAAHHH! They want to kidnap me and make me their slave! They want my superior intellect to help rule the planet! Please, the First, the Second, the Third, the Fourth, the Fifth, you gotta help me, save me for the sake of the Westwoods!...Oh, I forgot again, that's me."

Memorable, memorable quotes.
    When I first saw this episode when I was little kid, I didn't really understand it, but I laughed anyway. Now when I look back on it, this episode was hilarious!

great episode! it was funny and good to see how the supposibly "slow" pokemon were good in battle.

Blaziken master Guest

Ahh Westwood.. one of the most memorable one shot characters. His quotes were so funny and psyduck and slowpoke/slowbro interaction was funny too.

I'd love to see Professor Westwood in the anime again. With his character though, there should at least be a semi-well-written reason as to why he's there as opposed to someone else. So under what sort of circumstances do you guys think Professor Westwood should appear again in the anime?

Researching the mystery of how Slowpoke evolve into Slowking this time?

that's what it would be most likely
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

i never seen this episode but it sounds gwd the way i see it

That is one fast Slowpoke. It's a shame Psyduck had to say goodbye to Slowbro. It was like the only Pokemon that truly understood it.

Dark Magic Guest

Underwhelming and the comedy is half decent, I wasn't a fan of the Psyduck/Slowbro stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast