Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Evolution Solution (068)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy
    Who was the VA who did Professor Westwood???
    Tonio Von Der Meden was Professor Westwood's Voice Actor in Germen. ^^;

The American one is on the tip of my tongue....I tell you when I find out. ^^;
    Last edited by Satoshi; 20th June 2006 at 10:05 PM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

why dont u search for it on the internet?

[No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered
    life, I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive]

I didnt really like this epi. Jesse Should of kept Shelder imo. 5/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

It was a OK Episode. Slowbro, is odd.

A good episode, I love slowpoke and it's evolutions so this was a good episode. I like that they devoted a entire episode to the Slowpoke evolution into Slowbro, this is the first mention of using another Pokemon to help and Pokemon evolve a concept we won't see anything like that in the games until 4th gen with needing a Remoraid to help evolve your Mantyke into a Mantine, i'm surprised that the developers haven't added that for Slowpoke to evolve into Slowbro. Lastly i'd love to see Psybro in the anime and games.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I really didn't like this episode that much. I was kind of bored when watching it.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Is it merely coincidence that Shellder clamped onto Psyduck's head in this episode, and a few years later Game Freak designed a Slowpoke evolution that is the result of Shellder clamping onto Slowpoke's head? Anytime I watch/remember this episode now, after Ash's Psybro joke, I think about a Psyking!
    Mostly lurking nowadays.

i didn't like this episode much to be honest, that westwood may be funny but it could be better.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

Oh, I remember this one!

My favorite part of the episode was that Westwood guy showing Ash & co. pics of him and his ancestors... and they all looked the same, except for his great-great grandfather (Westwood I), who was kinda handsome actually... and he told Ash& them that it was a picture of him XDDD Then he bowed to them, begging forgiveness for his stupidity, and always forgot that the best-looking pic was him, apparently. XD

That's seriously all I remember from this episode. I forgot entirely about Jessie & that Shellder. Wonder where we'd be with it today if she'd kept it?
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

How gutted must Team Rocket have been, they manage to catch a pokemon and it would rather evolve a Slowpoke than stay with them.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Eh it wasn't very good. Just slowpoke evolving and such >_> I didn't enjoy it. There wasn't much to see at all.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 7:47 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Nah, it was a boring episode...only a Slowpoke who trys to evolve...it was good..but not great
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode is very informative because it reveals how Slowpoke's evolution works. In the game it's different because it evolves in Level 37 without a Shellder biting its tail. In the anime, a Slowpoke evolves when a Shellder bites to its tail. I really don't get it as I've always thought whatever goes in the games, it happens in the anime. Well, some events from games happen in any particular episode.

I didn't understand how slowbro was effected buy it's own move amnesia and didn't remember how to use mega punch?

I loved this episode. i like the evolution of Slowpoke, it's great.

And Slowbro was strong.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Prof. Westwood was not what I had expected, but his portrait was funny, he looked lke James.

The episode was fun. We finally saw Giovanni out in the open and ordering Team Rocket to do something useful, but again they messed up.

Too bad Jessie's Shellder didn't stay with her for long 6/10.

Yeah, ever since I saw this I've wondered how trainers would work out something like that under normal circumstances. Trainer A owns a Shellder and has it battle a Slowpoke owned by Trainer B. Shellder bites Slowpoke's tail or head and they merge together into a Slowbro or Slowking. Who owns the Slowbro/king?
    The pokemon merge together, so I would think that half of it would still belong to each trainer; yeah, that wouldn't be hard to work out.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Yeah, ever since I saw this I've wondered how trainers would work out something like that under normal circumstances. Trainer A owns a Shellder and has it battle a Slowpoke owned by Trainer B. Shellder bites Slowpoke's tail or head and they merge together into a Slowbro or Slowking. Who owns the Slowbro/king?
    The pokemon merge together, so I would think that half of it would still belong to each trainer; yeah, that wouldn't be hard to work out.
    I will never understant the part with Shellder, and Slowbro's evolution. I guess they found it out only with the help of the professor, he was very smart.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Brock: "I'm into legendary Pokemon, Westwood Five, you must have tons of information on 'em!"
    Westwood: "Only what I've created myself, because I'm not convinced most of them exist. Right now I'm working on a fictional account of the subject."
    Misty: "You mean you're making stuff up?"
    Westwood: "Gah!...Well, I guess you could say I'm making stuff up, I suppose...Forgive me, Westwood the First, the Second, the Third, the Fourth, the Fifth!...I forgot, that one's me!"

Ash: (whispering) "Professor Westwood seems a little...eccentric."
    Brock: (whispering back) "It's probably hereditary. He must have gotten it from Westwoods One through Four."

Westwood: "AAAAHHH! They want to kidnap me and make me their slave! They want my superior intellect to help rule the planet! Please, the First, the Second, the Third, the Fourth, the Fifth, you gotta help me, save me for the sake of the Westwoods!...Oh, I forgot again, that's me."

Memorable, memorable quotes.
    When I first saw this episode when I was little kid, I didn't really understand it, but I laughed anyway. Now when I look back on it, this episode was hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    They work it out, I suppose (I would hope). Maybe with a battle? Or the trainer who cares the most would allow the other trainer to keep it, as to not hurt the Pokemon.

It was very cool seeing how Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro in the Anime. It was very hilarious seeing Psyduck and Slowpoke try and talk to each other . Other than that, the episode moved too slowly...

30/100

This episode seemed a little boring, but I did like the part where Shellder clamped down on Psyduck's head. xD

I still don't understand how Slowpoke evolve. It's like, a clam clamps onto its tail and then suddenly it's a totally different Pokemon? Seems strange to me. O_o

This reminds me so much of how I tried to evolve Slowpoke in my Silver game. Placing a Slowpoke with a Shellder in the Day Care did not work. But I highly enjoyed this episode.

8/10
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

Yeah, the idea of Shellder causing Slowpoke to evolve was dumb but as a kid I thought it was the most fascinating thing in the world. It was average. The only memorable thing about the episode was the idea of Shellder causing Slowpoke to evolve.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Haha I loved Psyduck in this episode. It's conversation, or lack of it, with Slowpoke/bro was typical sillyness, and the way it returns to it's usual self seconds after performing Disable. This episode also had one of my favourite Team Rocket entrances, as they fly into the Professors Lab.
    The Professor was a weird one too. I like the way that Slowpoke evolves in the Animé, it's different. But then they describe it being beneficial for Shellder too, which makes no sense seeing as it can just evolve into Cloyster...

xxx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast