Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pi-Kahuna (069)

Default The Pi-Kahuna (069)

The Pi-Kahuna!

Still training on Seafoam Island, Ash decides to go Surfing...but when he gets a cramp and passes out, he meets Victor and his special Surfing Pikachu. They learn that Victor is intending to surf the biggest wave of all and plant his flag at the top of a huge rock. Can he do it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

meggirl63 Guest

I like this episode 'cause Ash was hot when he was surfing. Oh, he was also bare-chested!!!!!!! HE'S A HOTTIE!!!!!!!!!

This was a good episode. The surfing was cool, as well as the huge wave. I wonder if that guy owns Box>.<?

Overall rating:
    5.9 out of 10!
    Sadly, not one of the best eppies, but still, it surpasses Johto.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

I really like this episode. It was so unique...for one thing, it's the only episode EVER where none of the trio wore their regular clothes at all.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Yeah, I thought that was interesting. Not to mention Puka's 'gift' for telling when huge waves would come.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

I like Misty's jogging outfit better than her usual outfit.

Brock must have a favorite Basketball Team or he was in Basketball in High school.

Geodude's right, being able to see the charaters in different colthing was a nice. It's too bad they never did it in Johto and rarely in Hoenn.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

If you had never seen this episode before, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to work exactly what was going to happen - it's possibly the most predictible episode ever! Might I also comment on it's slight lack of realism, although give the writers credit for imagination.

I wasn't too keen on the fact that Victor gave his surfboard to two different people. How on earth are they going to reach the top of rock?! It seems they'll both have to be pretty skilled in order to keep the surfboard perfectly in balance :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    It's too bad they never did it in Johto and rarely in Hoenn.
    They did change their outfits in Hoenn, nothing outrageous it has to be said, but both Ash and Brock now have baggier clothing than in Kanto and Johto. Brock actually has newer clothing altogether.
    Last edited by Sharpshooter; 16th December 2004 at 6:25 PM.

I have to say, this episode is only great seeing it about one or two times. Then wait a long time (about a year or so) and then seeing it again. Unfortunately, this episode gets played to death by KidsWB and is rather boring after seeing it repeatedly. :\

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

For anyone who thought "Humunga Dunga" was a weird name for the wave, I've got something for you: the name from the Japanese episode.

"Big Tuesday"

No, seriously. They said it often enough that I couldn't possibly have misheard.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

LOL I love hearing "Engrish" mixed in with Japanese.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

meowthfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    For anyone who thought "Humunga Dunga" was a weird name for the wave, I've got something for you: the name from the Japanese episode.

"Big Tuesday"

No, seriously. They said it often enough that I couldn't possibly have misheard.
    This is an old post,but I just read it today. Interesting that the wave was named "Big Tuesday". There is a Rocket Power episode on Nick titled "Big Thursday" about a giant wave and the surfer (The Rhino) who rides it.

Hmm... It's very Johto-ish, but debuted the Surfing Pikachu. Also, isn't this the first time we've seen an old age pokemon?
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

vulpix Guest

that blue eyed Pikachu was just the cutest.

Puka's voice was really annoying, but otherwise this episode was okay. I liked the story of Victor trying to accomplish what his idol did so many years ago, and him finally achieving his goal.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Puka was kool with his gift but the plot was kinda boring. They could of had so much more in this epi, like Pika learning to surf. 5/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

This episode gets overplayed way too much and totally out or propotion. Especially amoung the Kanto episodes.
    Er-hem!...Congradulations, Ash, you and your pokemon are hall of famers!"

This was a unique episode. Hmmm...The gang had a change of clothes,Ash almost dies twice in this episode, and Puka's special gift. Yeah,I would say this is a pretty unique episode.
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-Jesus

Please help save the unborn! http://www.priestsforlife.org/

I think it was a great episode. It's one of my all-time favorite "Pokemon" episodes. By the way, as I recall one of the scenes from that episode, ASH HAD MUSELES!!! He even looked really cool in those swiming trunks. For a 10 year old kid, he sure knows how to exersise! After all, he wants to be the greatest Pokemon master that's out there.

i loved the blue eyed pikachu!
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

A nice filler episode, I liked Pooka with his blue eyes and his ability to surf, and Misty in this episode is looking as pretty as ever in both her jogging suit and bikini.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Yeah, Pooka was a Pikachu who knew how to use the move SURF. Probably he is dead now or is deaf and blind because in the episode he was 20 years old already.

I didn't really like this episode, although I enjoy when another Pikachu appears in the anime.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

This episode was pretty cool. The blue eyed Pikachu was pretty cute. This didn't have much to do with Pokemon but I liked it.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

it was funny to see another pikachu in the episodes back then, this one had cool blue eyes i didn't expect that to be honest back then i thought they all had the same eyes:P

Quote Originally Posted by ≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈ View Post
    This was a good episode. The surfing was cool, as well as the huge wave. I wonder if that guy owns Box>.<?

Overall rating:
    5.9 out of 10!
    Sadly, not one of the best eppies, but still, it surpasses Johto.

SC~ out
    I loved Johto, he had a great team, even if they did get shafted.

This wasn't one of the better episodes, but a surfing Pikachu was an interesting thing to see.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast