Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Pi-Kahuna (069)

Man, Victor the surfer was cool as hell. I'm not one of those "who's Ash's dad" people, but I so wish Victor had been Ash's dad.

Hee hee I liked Ash's Charlie Brown shirt and the surfing scenes were cool, especially when Victor and Puka planted their flag on the rock. I felt bad for Team Rocket's fate tho. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    I felt bad for Team Rocket's fate tho. ^^;
    They deserved to get surrounded by Gyarados though since they were the ones who navigated their sub into their territory.

My favorite scene was Puka and Victor planting their flag on the rock + Victor's flashback of when he met Jan the surfer.

One of the best title puns in my opinion.

Even though Satoshi really should've focused his energy on doing some actual training, I didn't mind this episode's surfing theme, especially since Vincent and his Pikachu were so interesting. The tidal wave scene was quite terrific, and the Rocket-dan deserved to be surrounded by those Gyarados.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    They deserved to get surrounded by Gyarados though since they were the ones who navigated their sub into their territory.
    I just felt kind of bad for them given how vicious Gyarados are and Team Rocket had no way of escaping off of the rock out at sea. ^^;

Omg, I loved Victor and Puka, though I'm not sure how Puka knew how to surf. But it was so awesome to see them finally achieve their dream after all these years when the tidal wave showed up. This is one of my favorite Kanto episodes ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Omg, I loved Victor and Puka, though I'm not sure how Puka knew how to surf.
    Apparently Puka was based on the Surfing Pikachu mini game from Yellow version, so this episode was almost like a tribute to that feature. I didn't mind that however cuz I found the whole surfing theme of this episode to be alot of fun any ways. :]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123