Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Pi-Kahuna (069)

Man, Victor the surfer was cool as hell. I'm not one of those "who's Ash's dad" people, but I so wish Victor had been Ash's dad.

Hee hee I liked Ash's Charlie Brown shirt and the surfing scenes were cool, especially when Victor and Puka planted their flag on the rock. I felt bad for Team Rocket's fate tho. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    I felt bad for Team Rocket's fate tho. ^^;
    They deserved to get surrounded by Gyarados though since they were the ones who navigated their sub into their territory.

My favorite scene was Puka and Victor planting their flag on the rock + Victor's flashback of when he met Jan the surfer.

One of the best title puns in my opinion.

Even though Satoshi really should've focused his energy on doing some actual training, I didn't mind this episode's surfing theme, especially since Vincent and his Pikachu were so interesting. The tidal wave scene was quite terrific, and the Rocket-dan deserved to be surrounded by those Gyarados.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    They deserved to get surrounded by Gyarados though since they were the ones who navigated their sub into their territory.
    I just felt kind of bad for them given how vicious Gyarados are and Team Rocket had no way of escaping off of the rock out at sea. ^^;

Omg, I loved Victor and Puka, though I'm not sure how Puka knew how to surf. But it was so awesome to see them finally achieve their dream after all these years when the tidal wave showed up. This is one of my favorite Kanto episodes ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Omg, I loved Victor and Puka, though I'm not sure how Puka knew how to surf.
    Apparently Puka was based on the Surfing Pikachu mini game from Yellow version, so this episode was almost like a tribute to that feature. I didn't mind that however cuz I found the whole surfing theme of this episode to be alot of fun any ways. :]

I love this episode because a Surfing Pikachu (Puka) got introduced here. It reminded me of the Surfing Pikachu from the Yellow Version games, with vast similarities. Plus, I liked the way its trainer used it for sport surfing as well. What I'm wondering is if Puka was actually blind?

Did episode 69 just foreshadow what we got in Sun/Moon with its title?

Wowie.
    Banner by me!

Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Fanfic Profile:
    Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

Quote Originally Posted by ZilverLox View Post
    It reminded me of the Surfing Pikachu from the Yellow Version games, with vast similarities.
    So that's what Puka was based on. I figured that she was based on something from the games, though I never played Yellow, so I wasn't sure lol.

And we now have Alolan Raichu who's a surfer, but it can't learn Surf. Nice job Game Freak!
    What do we want? Sinnoh remakes.
    When do we want them? Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesarin View Post
    I absolutely loved this episode. The surfing pikachu's eyes always freaked me out. but i rewatched it alot of times.
    I think it's eyes were like that because it was blind.

Quote Originally Posted by ZilverLox View Post
    What I'm wondering is if Puka was actually blind?
    I don't think she was since we didn't get any real hints of that. In fact, we hardly knew much about her at all ha ha. We just knew that Victor found her and she could surf. Her blue eyes were weird and we didn't even see her use electric attacks either.

Tbh looking back, the fact that Ash was goofing off at the beach again in this episode instead of training for the Indigo League pissed me off slightly...

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Tbh looking back, the fact that Ash was goofing off at the beach again in this episode instead of training for the Indigo League pissed me off slightly...
    Well in Ash's defense, he deserved a mini vacation here cuz his other attempts at training caused him alot of grief and he put in hard work, so he needed a way to just have fun and unwind. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Well in Ash's defense, he deserved a mini vacation here cuz his other attempts at training caused him alot of grief and he put in hard work, so he needed a way to just have fun and unwind. :]
    So his reward for doing almost nothing was for him to surf and mess around? Like, I liked the episode, but Ash's irresponsible self-gratification here seemed so ridiculous.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123