Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lights, Camera, Quacktion! (071)

I still would have liked it if Ash and that girl had that battle before the mess but this is called a true filler of no use.

3/10.

My ideal battle ever!

Didn't mind this episode when it first aired, but I find it really stupid these days. It could be because I'm in college studying film, so I have an idea how movies are made, and they are so never made in a day, even class project short films. In pre-production, everything from scenes to budget have to be planned, and then you go the extra mile and plan for the worst case scenarios. Then you make a schedule and decide which days are best for filming which scenes and is in the actors/actresses own schedules.

When I was younger, I do recall wondering why it was everyone was shouting out stuff during the filming of the battle scene, which might have been picked up by a boom mic somewhere. And having just recently seen it after so many years, I noticed the director (whose dub name is a botched-up version of "Steven Spielberg") was standing right out front where the camera could clearly see him in the shot. Classy.

Oh yeah, and he never shouted out, "action" at all in that episode.

This guy was an annoying idiot, I never liked him from the beginning, and I certainly don't like him now. He's a really bad director, and I hope that "Golden Growlithe Award" is an equivalent of the "Golden Raspberry Award", which is not something to be proud of.

So yeah, this episode is half-bad, half-entertaining only because no one can seem to make a proper film in the Pokémon world.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

This episode was funny especially since psyduck was chose instead of the others and they cut out all the people lol
    Ash and Misty forever

There is something very endearing about these two episodes. The second of course becasue of Meowth's story and this one for the parody of stereotypical movie production. Filler or not - the episodes in Kanto are predominately very comical. That is why they exceed in popularity.

Kanto had some serious laughs

Katrina was awesome with her Raichu. Seeing Pikachu and Raichu dance was cute. And it was good that the writers focused on Arbok and Weezing, even if it wasn't for too long. And did anyone notice how Pidgeotto looked at one of the final scenes? It was funny looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Katrina was awesome with her Raichu. Seeing Pikachu and Raichu dance was cute. And it was good that the writers focused on Arbok and Weezing, even if it wasn't for too long. And did anyone notice how Pidgeotto looked at one of the final scenes? It was funny looking.
    Yeah. I saw the Pidgeotto. xD It did look funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Didn't mind this episode when it first aired, but I find it really stupid these days. It could be because I'm in college studying film, so I have an idea how movies are made, and they are so never made in a day, even class project short films. In pre-production, everything from scenes to budget have to be planned, and then you go the extra mile and plan for the worst case scenarios. Then you make a schedule and decide which days are best for filming which scenes and is in the actors/actresses own schedules.

When I was younger, I do recall wondering why it was everyone was shouting out stuff during the filming of the battle scene, which might have been picked up by a boom mic somewhere. And having just recently seen it after so many years, I noticed the director (whose dub name is a botched-up version of "Steven Spielberg") was standing right out front where the camera could clearly see him in the shot. Classy.

Oh yeah, and he never shouted out, "action" at all in that episode.

This guy was an annoying idiot, I never liked him from the beginning, and I certainly don't like him now. He's a really bad director, and I hope that "Golden Growlithe Award" is an equivalent of the "Golden Raspberry Award", which is not something to be proud of.

So yeah, this episode is half-bad, half-entertaining only because no one can seem to make a proper film in the Pokémon world.
    Good points, but it makes me wonder. The shows producers should know how a movie is made. Perhaps this episode was meant a an in-joke?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

I saw this on the DVD! I was amazed at how they referenced 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'. I Saw What You Ate Last Tuesday! XD
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

It would be nice if Ash and Katrina finished their battle. it could've been a good training for Ash....but the whole episode was more focused on movie-making instead of training or battling. I didn't like how Psyduck got the main role, Team Rocket and the director was so annoying in this episode.
    I didn't like how Ash, Misty and Brock shoved each other....just for showing themself in front of the camera. Overall, this episode was just a medicore filler. The only thing I liked about this was the part where Brock grasped Katrina's hand and started flirting with her, causing Misty to pull him away.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 28th April 2014 at 2:37 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    I saw this on the DVD! I was amazed at how they referenced 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'. I Saw What You Ate Last Tuesday! XD
    I laughed so hard when Brock said that. As a fan of humor/character moments, I didn't care if it was a filler episode.

It was pretty funny when Arbok and Weezing didn't get in to the movie. I don't know why.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I swear, Katrina looked like Kris to me; their designs are so similar. Anyway, I liked seeing Ash and friends help film the movie here, even if I didn't like the drama between Psyduck and Wigglytuff much. Team Rocket's presence also felt like a bit much; their added chaos made this episode feel crowded. Alas, it was an interesting filler at least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12