Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Go West, Young Meowth! (072)

Um...if Meowth learned to talk at a diction school in California, why does he have a New York accent?

The diction school was run by people from New York.

Now, this episode was my favorite episode out of the entire Kanto Sage. The theme and back story were so greatly implemented that I enjoyed this episode every time I saw it. Just the awesomeness of finding out how Meowth learned to talk and got into Team Rocket was well-executed into a interesting synopsis. A true classic!

I liked seeing Meowth learning how to walk haha overall a good episode

I can say it was an okay episode. Seeing Jessie and James protect Meowth was sweet. But, the funniest part was when Jessie and James danced off at the end.

Great to see the background from Meowth. I assume I wasn't the only one wondering why Meowth was so unique and felt more like a human then a Pokemon.
    Meowth is proving a really good point here and that is the fact if you really wanna learn something then you can do it. I love all this scenes with dreams/vision and how to work for it.

i love meowth and it was great to see the background on him.
    I saw it when i got the GBA video pack, and i still watch it when im bored. Iv'e probably seen it 50 times XD
    #PokemonUltraMoon #PokemonVGC2017

This was a well-done episode focusing on Meowth's past. Even thought I don't really like Team Rocket, I liked them in this episode. It's nice to see how he learned to walk and speak like humans. He did it all to impress a female Meowth named Meowzie, but Meowzie rejected him and called him a freak....and this prompted Meowth to join Team Rocket, so he can become the richest 'freak'. But after all these years, Meowzie still thinks he's a freak(what a jerk)! I thought It's nice of Jessie and James trying to comfort Mewoth after he got rejected by Meowzie again.
    I also liked seeing Ash, Brock, Misty and Delia dressing up in those fancy dresses in their fantasies. Misty was looking good in that Red dress and Delia was looking gorgeous in that White dress as well.

This was a pretty neat episode where we got to see some back story on how Meowth learned how to talk like a human being.
    Yeah, it was really unfortunate how the female Meowth still found him a freak despite all he did.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

Formerly Painkiller2001

I watched the Japanese version of this episode recently and tbh, I wish the dub had kept Meowzie's Japanese name; Madonnya sounds way better in my opinion. Anyway, I loved learning about Meowth's origin, although the ending of this episode always makes me tear up; Meowth just can't catch a break.

My headcanons in both Pokemon and SSB are that Pokemon can talk human if they want to and that the events regarding how TR's Meowth learned to talk were partially fabricated.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May, Clemont (Bonnie)'s Dedenne/Sophocles' Togedemaru

RIP Blake Carrington, Ben Matlock, Joe Mannix, JR Ewing, Jim Phelps
    GeekChicShipping National Anthem

Lmao Meowsy friend-zoning Meowth was harsh. I felt bad for her at first, but by the end of this episode I hated her.

Wow Meowth's backstory was incredibly sad cuz of how Meowzie didn't return his love. Persian was a jerk and I liked how Ash and his group missed out on the main plot and just watched a movie. :3

I liked Meowth's final scene here when he was on the rooftop on his own. It made me feel bad for him which is a rare thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    I liked Meowth's final scene here when he was on the rooftop on his own. It made me feel bad for him which is a rare thing.
    Yea that scene was somber and made Meowth seem sympathetic. I wish this episode had had a much happier ending tho. It just seemed like one long sad story which is rare for this anime.

Meowth learning to talk was my favorite part even though him getting a Brooklyn accent in Hollywood was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstardust View Post
    Meowth learning to talk was my favorite part even though him getting a Brooklyn accent in Hollywood was weird.
    Yea the random accent that he picked up was strange, although I have to note that the Hollywood location here wasn't the same Hollywood as in real life however. ^^;

Poor Meowth

At long last, we saw the origin of the Rocket-dan's Nyasu, as well as his main reason for disliking Persian so much. When Nyasu challenged Persian and won, I was elated until Madonnya sided with Persian. Nyasu showed her the most dedication, so she should've sided with him instead of with Persian.

Omg, I can't believe what a brilliant episode this was. The Meowth episodes seem to be very well written. Meowth's past seems to have so many interesting points that I think it could fill a movie without relying solely on the plot of this episode. Too bad its way too late in the anime to do something like this. :x

Wow I don't know why Meowth liked that Meowsy. And the people who tied up Meowth to a tree were just cruel. But the whole episode is just really cute, it's great that we actually learn why Meowth learnt to talk when Pokemon is usually rather hazy with back story.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    Wow I don't know why Meowth liked that Meowsy. And the people who tied up Meowth to a tree were just cruel. But the whole episode is just really cute, it's great that we actually learn why Meowth learnt to talk when Pokemon is usually rather hazy with back story.
    Pretty girls cloud your judgment (see Brock, Uptown Girl, any movie where one of the love interests is a spoiled rich girl). And yes, Meowth's backstory is both sad and amazing.
    Hey, the new subs I found do use Snowball. I win.

I enjoy writing.

Some people want to blend into the crowd.
    Some people want to stand out from the crowd.
    I want to be the crowd.

Currently patiently waiting for my crazy theories to pan out.

Spoiler:- THEORIES:

Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post
    Nyasu showed her the most dedication, so she should've sided with him instead of with Persian.
    It's true that Meowth was very loyal to her, but Persian had given Meowzie a home when her owner abandoned her, so I understand why she chose to stay with him. She would've had my sympathy if she hadn't insulted Meowth in the end tho. ^^;

Wow I don't know why Meowth liked that Meowsy.
    This whole episode put an unhealthy amount of emphasis on Meowth finding love and he seemed desperate to find a mate. It seemed out of character of him, though.

I don't know why Meowth liked that Meowsy, she was horrible. And the people who tied up Meowth to a tree were just cruel.

Wow I don't know why Meowth liked that Meowsy.
    Given Nyasu's miserable past, he was likely searching for happiness and validation, and he was attracted to Madonnya thinking that she could give him that. The love-at-first-sight angle was a bit hackneyed and trite, but Madonnya wasn't meant to be that important. She was just an object created to break Nyasu's heart, as depressing as that might sound.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234