Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Go West, Young Meowth! (072)

it is a sad ep!...he lost his love!

This was the only episode in which I liked Meowth. In this episode he was an actual character, not just some lame guy that always loses. Alas, he didn't get his love, only more insults. TR can never win.
    Nurse Joy: We hope to see you again! (Translation: We hope you get the crap beaten out of you so that you require medical treatment again!) Not so nice in a different light, is it?

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

BEST FILLER EVER!!!!

Does it count as a filler though because we did learn about a main character's origin. Also I believe this is the only time we learn a character's origin in great detail. (The Writers only touched on Jessie and James)

This was an awesome episode. Meowtrh really is the most interesting character on the show. You had to love his sheer determination to act like a human. The Rocket references were a nice touch as well.

10/10 My 3rd most favorite episode fer sher

Something interesting is that coinshipping still exists even though this episode killed it completely. Killed it in the same episode it was born.

Meowth's tale is overall sad. Nothing but sadness, misery and failure guide his life. However, like with the character of Aerith (Aeris) in FF7, for some reason the sadness doesn't seem to make an impact and can be quickly brushed off for some reason. At least for me anyway.
    Nurse Joy: We hope to see you again! (Translation: We hope you get the crap beaten out of you so that you require medical treatment again!) Not so nice in a different light, is it?

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

This is one of my favourite episode because it was sad. I always like TR's origins. Meowth is one of my favourite character in the whole anime. Great story, plot, depression and humour. 8.9/10

[No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered
    life, I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive]

You know, the quick conversation between the man and woman in the house ("Why won't ya take me out anymore?" "Because you won't shut up about it!") was possibly the first time Pokemon made a reference to a cold and sad world.

So, anyone else have any comments about this sad tale of a sad life?

I always love character development episodes. Though when this first aired, I felt like the odd man out ala Meowth, as most in the school hated it "because there wasn't any battling". I know there was the Persian leap at the end, but I know what they were trying to say. Still, if I could only ever watch one more episode of Pokemon again, it'd be this one. Meowth has always been my favorite character since then... sigh. The series had such a different atmosphere back in the day.
    The classic attraction is back at Disneyland & Disneyworld.

Co-Owner of the SPPf Pirates Of The Caribbean Club! Join and discover how dead men DO tell tales.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...wpost&t=129500

A good Meowth Episode. I loved seeing the back story of how meowth could speak. When Meowth beat the Persian but didnt get the girl( or in this case the pokemon) was pretty sad but meh. 7/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Two words for me people: Meowth Rules!
    I love how much character development Meowth has had, he's just such an awesome Pokemon.

Mawile Guest

That is a sad episode...But I really like it. Meowth will find his love soon enough...

It was kinda sad when Meowth got rejected constantly by the female Meowth.

35/10

This is my favorite episode by FAR. Meowth standing up for his beliefs and his love. OH THE DRAMA! OH THE TRAGEDY!! Easily one of, if not, the best episode. Does anyone know if they have it on YouTube? I couldn't find it or a DVD with the episode. T_T

I just loved this episode! Not just the tragedy, but also the fact that it finally explained how meowth became anthropomorphic. It was very interesting. The part about learning to walk update made sense to me--I mean any quadrapetal pokemon could probably learn to stand upright for better attack stances and all--but the part where he is transition from normal pokemon speak to full english enunciation is still an inigma to me.
    "Meowth meowth meowth meowth, meow meowth meowth."
    "Me melsh me mells my me memore."
    "She sells seashells by the seashore."

IC: "Man, I'd love to know what synapses where firing in his little brain while that golden moment was happening. The data from that could lead to the development of an Anthropomizing TM which could revolutionize the whole world by allowing all pokemon to be able to stand upright and fully enunciate human speech patterns! I must find out for the sake of the P!! M!! C!!"

IMO, Meowsy was a stuck-up trollep. (I'm using the archiac term to avoid from sounding too rude.) Becoming poor taught her nothing. She's not too good for you Meowth, YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR HER!! That persian will probably leave her on the side of the road with a belly full of LV0 meowth kittens someday, and then she'll pay for rejecting Meowth.

I also liked how TR gave their dance off after the movie screening was completed, that was amusing.

I also love character development episodes, and this one was no exception and it's also my fav of all the char dev eps. Well, that's all I have to say about this episode for now.

-Steven, PMC Elite
    PMC Elite Field Researcher. 9 years pokemon experience.
    The PMC Motto:
    More to be added later on...

Poor Meowth he got rejected. But, it just goes to show you what you can do if you beleive in yourself.
    The female Meowth was to stuck up anyway our Meowth deserves better then that.
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-Jesus

Please help save the unborn! http://www.priestsforlife.org/

Quote Originally Posted by PMC Elite Steven
    IMO, Meowsy was a stuck-up trollep. (I'm using the archiac term to avoid from sounding too rude.) Becoming poor taught her nothing. She's not too good for you Meowth, YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR HER!! That persian will probably leave her on the side of the road with a belly full of LV0 meowth kittens someday, and then she'll pay for rejecting Meowth.
    Well, she did learn something, looking at her care for the Persian. If you look at it as if they were humans, Meowth would be an obsessive hobo drooling over a rich woman.

The power of trenchcoats made by Humphrey Bogart helped Meowth win the fight, but like Rick Blaine, he didn't get the girl. Pwned.

Sushi Bunny is offline ハチミツをたべてる フっフっフっ

I liked this episode it was really good!! Now when Meowth was watching the movie in the begining of the episode called That Darn Meowth does anyone think that the Meowth in it was Meowsy? Because Meowsy's trainer is rich and the Meowth looked like Meowsy.

While that connection might stand a chance, I doubt it.

You know, if he wasn't a member of Team Rocket, this episode could have made Meowth the coolest character in the show.

That's cool that we learn of Meowth's past.

I found it kind of sad how Meowth got rejected. You know there's the part where Meowth tries to learn how to speak? He opened a book to a page with the letter 'r' and a rocket. Meowth says thats one reason why he joined Team Rocket. I wonder what would happen if Meowth didn't turn to that page at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by xXPorygonXx View Post
    Like we really care what some random person says about us.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Credit: HawthorneKitty

I really enjoyed Go West, Young Meowth. In fact, I always had a soft spot for the Team Rocket related episodes like this one and Holy Matrimony. It was rather touching to watch the lengths Meowth went to impress the female Meowth he adored and to watch how Jessie and James were willing to defend their pal against the pack of Persians.

it was cute all the things that poor meowth had to go through

merry christmas!

Smile

Brilliant episode, I wonder how did the writers manage to write such good and original episodes. Now the flashbacks are about Harley going wild because May stole his sushi.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

This episode played recently, and I TiVo'ed it because I had only seen it once. I can't believe what a brilliant episode this was! The Meowth episodes seem to be very well written, and they prove some of the better episodes that don't have a lot of battling.

Meowth's past seems to have so many interesting points that I think it could fill a movie without relying solely on the plot of this episode. Too bad its way too late in the anime to do something like this.

Incidentally, Meowth is the first (and possibly only) main Pokemon to have his gender distinguished (Tauros doesn't count because they can only be male). Jessie said something referring to Meowth as "he" or "him." I rewound it a couple times to make sure I heard it right.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

I loved this episode. There wasn't really anything that annoyed me. This was kanto at it's best. Comedy+drama=Awsome.

I love how Meowth gets so heartbroken. His reaction makes me laugh xP

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast