Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To Master the Onix-Pected (073)

An alright episode. Bruno is pretty sweet. The Sandslash that was stuck in it was adorable ^_^ I love Sandslash btw. Good episode.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I think the giant Onix was a good edition to Bruno's team.

Did anyone notice that Brock and Bruno look alike?

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I like this Episode, Bruno is my fave E4 member ^w^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Great episode because Bruno makes his very own appearance in this episode! He is known as the Elite Four of the Pokemon League and collects Rock/Ground types. What really bugged me is when Ash always asked Bruno if there's a secret to Pokemon training, but he would always say no. At least Bruno revealed it to him later on.

Anyone else think that Ash's picture in the first post looks like he's enjoying it? Kinda? Anyone? It's just me? Okay...

Anyway, this episode just wasn't memorable to me. Despite the fact that we've got an E4 member, there just wasn't much to really show him off. Shirtless joking aside, of course.

Seeing sucha massive, scarred Onix net to the one Brock has was kinda cool, I guess. But really, this episode just doesn't stand out at all to me.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Wow, what a giant Onix!

Bruno was so calm and strong. i loved how he captured Onix.

5/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I loved it. An Elite Four member debuted, but he wasn't what Ash or Brock or anyone expected. Bruno was selfish and a little lazy; he reminded me of a male version of Jessie almost haha. I liked that he had some skill though, even if he didn't show it until the end of the episode. He could communicate with Pokemon like Onix to fix the problem and pacify it. A decent episode I think, 8/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 16th November 2010 at 12:02 AM.

I have to wonder how that Sandslash got stuck, how long it was stuck, and how it didn't get squished.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I loved it. An Elite Four member debuted, but he wasn't what Ash or Brock or anyone expected.

Bruno was selfish and a little lazy, he reminded me of a male version of Jessie. I liked that he had some skill though. He could communicate with that Onix to fix it's problem.

A decent Filler I think, 8/10
    I remember being like "Who the heck is this Bruno guy?!" One of the more boring fillers of the Kanto saga.

This episode was nice. I always enjoy when any member of the E4 is in an episode and Bruno was cool in this one. Brock getting hit was funny, and a Sandslash getting stuck in an Onix was kinda weird. Overall good episode.

Bruno is one bamf. He is the Chuck Norris of pokemon, or maybe the Bruce Lee. Also that really sucks for TR at the end.
    Last edited by Hikari Paradise; 27th August 2010 at 12:08 PM.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I'm shocked that no one has mentioned the hilarious moment where Meowth fast forwards through Jessie & James Team Rocket motto. I LOL'ed @ that part.

It was absolutely hilarious when Brock had hit Bruno over the head with a huge log.

The Elite Four episodes before AG was hilarious. I wanted to see Bruno again, but that won't happen as much as Ash winning a league.

My ideal battle ever!

This was a very funny episode. It was crazy and funny when Brock hit Bruno in the head with a stick thinking he would catch it. Seeing Sandslash for the 1st time was cool, but wow how in the world did it get stuck in Onix's long rocky body?! That Onix was huge! Very glad Bruno caught it.

23/100

Bruno is sooo hott!! Full of muscles, a sexy voice and just total sexyness! I just want to do him so bad!

Please picture my avatar as a Gyarados instead of my sweet Happiny while reading this smut.

My ideal battle ever!

I found most of this episode to be boring. I think Bruno was the only part I found interesting. Of course, when this first aired I had no idea who Bruno was or even what an Elite Four was.

But Bruno looked way too tall, like Lt. Surge. They both look like they're twice Ash's height. O__o

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Please picture my avatar as a Gyarados instead of my sweet Happiny while reading this smut.
    Too late.
    I will never look at Happiny the same way again...

It was awesome when Brock wanted to test Bruno's reaction speed, and then hit him on the head.

Also funny that Ash had to work just to make food for Bruno, there is nothing to learn from that for the Pokemon League.

Great and funny Kanto episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Bruno is sooo hott!! Full of muscles, a sexy voice and just total sexyness! I just want to do him so bad!
    You must really like Bruno lol.

I must first say that I love the title to this episode. And I also love the old lady and her aggressive broom skills. Team Rocket's motto sped up was also pretty amazing.
    That large Onix was scary, a Sandslash coming out of it was truly onixpected. As was how easily Bruno caught that Onix.

xxx

I like episodes featuring Ash, Misty & Brock at Delia's house before the league. I liked this episode because Bruno seemed like such a troll lmao.
    Last edited by Blessed; 14th November 2012 at 12:34 AM.

Ah, the episode were the overly muscled guy is capturing the giant Onix. This episode was not that good of a episode, but it was a small and solid introduction the later much more popular members of the Elite Four

Bruno! One of the coolest Elite Four members

Yes! Our first Elite 4 member. Bruno is awesome. It was pretty funny seeing Ash continue to hurt Misty during their training. But, that Onix was freakin' huge. Brock's Onix looks so tiny compared to it. It was disgusting seeing Bruno pull out that Sandslash though.

This is the first episode where an Elite Four(Bruno) member debuted in the Pokémon anime, and I liked it. This episode has some funny moments...
    -Ash falling and soaking Misty during their first task, which was carrying buckets of water.
    - Ash choping the wood and accidentally sending a piece of wood flying off in Misty's direction, hittng her in the face and knocking her off the rock she was sitting on.(Lolz, Poor Misty)
    -Brock wanting to test Bruno's speed and hiting him with a log was hilarious, That was the best of this episode in my opinion. Bruno wasn't what Ash and Brock were expecting, but he definitely had some good skills. I liked how He communicated with the Onix and pulled out the Sandslash to solve the problem. Also, the Onix Bruno caught was big.... I mean really big compared to Brock's Onix.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Holy moly, Bruno is pretty big compared to the others.
    Well, at least him and that large Onix have something in common.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast