Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis! (074)

Default The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis! (074)

The Ancient Puzzle of Pokémopolis!

While training, Ash & Co accidentally uncover some ruins of Pokémopolis, an ancient city. After a bit of research, they find a giant Gengar and a Giant Alakazam appear and start fighting...possibly to end the world...can they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ororo Munroe Guest

This was an interesting episode. I like the old Pokeball type things and how humans got sucked into them too. And the giant Jigglypuff's song was freaky. LOL

Go Alakazam! I mean go Jigglypuff, the peacemaker, yeah...

This was an interesting episode, much different from the usual. What were those things Alakazam was making?

Dunno what else to say...7.5/10
    Yeah!

My favourite pre-league filler. I love the originality of it. YAY, a Jigglypuff episode where it actually HELPS!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

vulpix Guest

this was one of the best rpisodes i've ever seen.

IceAngelChris Guest

I love this episode so much..I think this would rank up there with the best..
    I would love to catch that Alakazam and be it's trainer..I would so take care of it and that would make me the strongest ever.

Like "Sparks Fly for Magnemite", "The School of Hard Knocks", and "Make Room for Gloom", this is one of those first season episodes that I really don't like. I don't hate it as much as the other episodes, but I don't know, I just don't like episodes where characters are in dark peril. I do like the giant Jigglypuff , but that's the only real thing I like about the episode. Oh yeah, and I like the part when the French lady quickly thanks the twerps for their help then ignores them.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

The best episode in Indigo a very good episode.
    I like Jigglypuff.

When I first saw this episode I was like 5 so I got scared half to death... ^_^
    Now it's one of my favorite episodes.

Diamond FC: 5412-7138-2317~|~4167-4185-4105: Brawl FC
    Note! My sister shares my Brawl FC. Ryu is me, Sami is her. If you'd like to battle me in either of the two games above, PM me and I'd be happy to show my skills.

Breloom Woods Forums

~Jupitol~ Guest

This is also one of my favorites. Before the days of massive blocks of fillers, I thought episodes like this were cool. And the original ideas still are.

At first I didn't care for this episode very much, but it's grown on me a lot over the years. Though the concept of giant pokémon was nothing new, the way it was done was certainly original, with the ancient legends and such. I thought the giant Purin was pretty funny, and it was hilarious when Gengar absorbed Takeshi's Iwaaku and it shows everyone inside being thrown around.

This episode also had some nice music. There were several pieces that were heard for the first time in this ep, and they really helped to give it an epic vibe.
    ~

Indigo League BMG for the only time and Ash had to say something stupid and ruin the moment (and stop the music).

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

They have occasianally used that piece since then, but I'm not sure if it was ever heard in the dub version again.
    ~

It wasn't it was cut whereever it was heard. Release subtitled DVD's you b*stards.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Umm...I never saw this episode. I assume it's on DVD, right? And why doesn't the main site have pictures for it yet? It showed a long time ago!

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Ryu
    Umm...I never saw this episode. I assume it's on DVD, right? And why doesn't the main site have pictures for it yet? It showed a long time ago!
    Serebii doesn't have pics for almost all the Kanto episodes.

I like this episode. Giant Jigglypuff was hilarious when it was drawing on Alakazam and Gengar's faces, even though they already have markings on them. XD
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

I loved this episode. All the episodes that falled into the "ancient" cattegory (Prehistoric Pokemon, etc.) really interest me.

Oh, this episode was excellent. The first episode of Alakazam's and he was a featured pokemon! He was astounding. You also don't see that Jiggypuff type gag anymore with the advanced saga. It was priceless.

Equip 2: Coming soon to F117

Meh i didnt really like this episode much. Jigglypuff probably saved this episode imo. Anyway the story was good but they kinda rushed it.

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

This is one of my favorite episodes from season one, I haven't seen it for such a long time though, I miss it =[
    One of my favorite moments is when Team Rocket gets sucked into the Pokemon and just talk as if its a normal thing to other people in there LOL.

This is, in my opinion, by far the worst episode in the first season. Nothing is explained, such as WHY Alakazam and Gengar are so big, and the episode itself is boring, with most of it being reasearchers rambling on about something the audience doesn't care about.

I give this episode 1/10 for being called "Pokémon."
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Jynx was better with black skin and was not meant to have any racial meaning. If you agree and would like to see the old Jynx return, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Wartortle 2000)

This is, in my opinion, by far the worst episode in the first season. Nothing is explained, such as WHY Alakazam and Gengar are so big, and the episode itself is boring, with most of it being reasearchers rambling on about something the audience doesn't care about.

I give this episode 1/10 for being called "Pokémon."
    While the episode had a few flaws, I still think it was interesting to see the enourmous ancient pokemon. I liked how it was like a puzzle and the giant Jigglypuff provided some laughs. While not as great as some Kanto episodes. the episode wasn't nearly as bad as most of Johto/Hoenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuto
    While the episode had a few flaws, I still think it was interesting to see the enourmous ancient pokemon. I liked how it was like a puzzle and the giant Jigglypuff provided some laughs. While not as great as some Kanto episodes. the episode wasn't nearly as bad as most of Johto/Hoenn.
    Precisely why I said it was the worst episode of the first season. Johto was a huge step down and Hoenn pretty much ruined the anime, IMO.

I did like the giant Pokémon, but I would've liked an explanation.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Jynx was better with black skin and was not meant to have any racial meaning. If you agree and would like to see the old Jynx return, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Wartortle 2000)

Quote Originally Posted by Wartortle 2000
    This is, in my opinion, by far the worst episode in the first season. Nothing is explained, such as WHY Alakazam and Gengar are so big
    Could be because no one knew why. And in any event, explaining every detail would be dull. It leaves nothing to the imagination.
    and the episode itself is boring, with most of it being reasearchers rambling on about something the audience doesn't care about.
    Actually, most of it was Gengar wreaking havoc and fighting with Fuudin. You're severely exaggerating the amount of time spent on explanations. Not to mention, you just complained about too little being explained. Contradictory much?
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross View Post
    Could be because no one knew why. And in any event, explaining every detail would be dull. It leaves nothing to the imagination.

Actually, most of it was Gengar wreaking havoc and fighting with Fuudin. You're severely exaggerating the amount of time spent on explanations. Not to mention, you just complained about too little being explained. Contradictory much?
    Seeing as how the researchers were rambling on about the ancient city, which I could care less about, and not the giant Gengar and Alakazam, no, I am not contradicting myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast