Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis! (074)

Another Kanto standout. Totally original and real slap in the face of "Yeah, we're still finding stuff out about Pokemon". Red and Blue kind of left that hanging, and this episode ran with it.

Interesting choice of Alakazam and Gengar for out giants, and that Brock actually considered Onix- a rare instance of the viewer's "Send out your dang Pokemon already" cry coming true.
    Last edited by Pinsirius; 27th September 2010 at 4:49 PM.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

This was a very odd episode. It was very cool seeing how ancient Pokeballs worked and how different they were. Those giant Pokemon were very cool looking, I liked seeing Alakazam for the 1st time. Jigglypuff singing as a Giant Pokemon, sounded... odd... and different... That voice was so loud and low it was weird. That episode for some reason still scares me today

20/100

I really liked how this episode talked a lot about ancient things. I find ancient history related things to be quite interesting, so I enjoyed hearing about an ancient city, artifacts, etc.

When I saw the giant Gengar and Alakazam, my first thought was that this was just going to be a rip-off of Island of the Giant Pokemon. But, I soon found these giant Pokemon to be much, much more creepy. I loved the giant Jigglypuff though, it was funny. xD

I loved this episode. The mythology behind Pokemopolis was interesting and the artifacts ("ancient Poké balls"?) were pretty cool. The battle between ancient Alakazam and ancient Gengar was fun to watch. I guess to activate ancient Jigglypuff, a smaller Jigglypuff had to sing or something? Speaking of ancient Pokémon, I wonder if they were all giant compared to Pokémon today. Its episodes like this that really got me interested in the show once upon a time.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I liked this episode, not only was it great to see a giant Gengar and Alakazam, but you also got to see a deep voiced, giant Jigglypuff!!! This episode definitely makes you think more about how the history of Pokémon was. I also liked the character of the lady. (Eve I think)

xxx

This creeped me out when I was a little kid. Back then, I thought everybody inside the giant Alakazam and Gengar was dead, and that it was like Heaven or Hell (even though I am atheist, I don't believe in Heaven or Hell)... Now I can enjoy it. It's quite weird. The giant Jigglypuff was funny and weird. I have this one on DVD. Not one of my favourite episodes, but it's enjoyable and worth watching. 8/10.

LOL this episode was weird, nevertheless hilarious. Who would have thought a huge Jigglypuff would have to sing to get huge Alakazam and Gengar to sleep? I thought the small jigglypuff would have been enough guess not. A lot of questions remained unanswered tho, oh well.
    Last edited by Blessed; 3rd September 2012 at 3:30 PM.

Yeah, this episode used to creep me out too when I was a kid. It really was a mysterious episode with a lot of questions remaining unanswered at the end of the episode. It was a alright filler, but not exceptional.

I watched this episode recently. The ancient ruins, expanding storm, and weird, crystal growths reminded me of the 3rd movie. I like this episode better though.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Deep voiced Jigglypuff! I totally didn't expect that
    Walker Sleepover

I did not like that girl. The only thing I liked about her, was her accent. I hated that she stole credit from the gang. But, it was awesome to see Gengar absorbs the others and fight Alakazam.

How in the world the Genger, Alakazam and Jigglypuff became that big? I guess that will remain a mystery.
    I thought the giant Jigglypuff's personality was almost as same as the Jigglypuff who follows Ash and the others everywhere. Jigglypuff used it's mike to sing and the song made huge Alakazam and Gengar fall asleep. like the Jigglypuff that follows Ash, this giant Jigglypuff scribbled on Genger and Alakazam's faces.
    Anyway, this was an okay episode....not good, but not bad either.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

The giant Gengar is very nostalgic!

Even the large Jigglypuff got angry and drew on Gengar and Alakazam's face like the normal Jigglypuff does! Pretty funny!
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

I re-watched this episode for Halloween a few weeks ago and it slayed. I loved how Ash and Brock battled each other at the start, and the COTD researcher girl was so charming. I especially liked how Team Rocket whispered their motto and I cackled at how nobody at the campsite heard the commotion that was made that night when the Dark Device was found. Seeing the giant Gengar walking towards Pallet Town made me scream, but I liked Oak, Krabby and Muk's cameos. I liked how Jessie got mad at Pidgeotto when he was absorbed, plus seeing Team Rocket and Pidgeotto applaud Jigglypuff's singing made me shriek with laughter. I was glad that the giant Jigglypuff got to save the day though; that was different.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123