Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad To The Bone! (075)

I enjoyed this episode it was nice to see TR sort of return to their evil team roots instead of just being comic relief
    Wut?

Um...same episode we're talking about?

I liked Marowak and James's bottle caps.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

I thought it was cool how there were different badges other than the 8 that we are used to. The marowak was cool, and it was awesome that it came back in the end.

Otoshi was pretty funny His Marowak was pretty cool; the way it moved in the beginning of the episode was cool. Wasn't too impressed with Team Rocket actually stealing someone's badges, but at least they didn't get away with it.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Heh, I can distinctly recall just how disappointed I was in Jessie's behaviour the very first time I saw this episode. Gotta say that she probably came off worse in this one than any other episode I can remember. I mean, the joint theft of Otoshi's badges easily rates as one of TR's meanest Kanto-based crimes, but then it wasn't exactly unexpected of them - but Jessie's betrayal of her own team mates, as James pointed out, just seemed low even by Team Rocket standards. Even her self-opinionation seemed to be pushing dramatic new heights in this one - I don't know why she'd suddenly become so mega-confident in her prospects at the Pokemon League, particularly given her track record and the fact that she only had two pokemon, one of whom hadn't seen the light of day for some time. She may have been one of my favourite characters, but I had absolutely zero sympathy for her one this one.

Otoshi certainly did well to earn all those badges, but if I'll be totally honest I really don't think that he was all that great a trainer, and it wouldn't surprise me if he got wiped out very early on in the Pokemon League. I can identify one very definite weakness in his training procedure - and that's that he'd very clearly put all his eggs into one basket with his Marowak, hence why he ran into so much difficulty when it temporarily deserted him. It was kind of obvious that he'd devoted all his time and energy to training that one pokemon whilst neglecting to train and strengthen the rest of his team. It's more-or-less safe to assume that Doduo was his second-strongest Pokemon, otherwise he probably wouldn't have used it as his Marowak-substitute...and it got its butt whopped by Jessie's Arbok, of all Pokemon! That's probably not a good omen.
    Last edited by Raikipper; 2nd January 2009 at 12:08 PM.

Good episode. Finally got some Marowak in the series. Those badges he had confused me though. Marowak didn't even have to throw his bone at Jessie's Pokeball. It wouldn't have captured Doduo anyway.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 8:16 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

marowak was also one of my favorite pokemon back then so i enjoyed the episode, i wish ash had one in his team._.

Awesome Ep Of Course The Whole First Series Was ****ing Awesome
    Last edited by #1-Icelandic-Pokemon-Fan; 4th February 2009 at 5:33 PM.

I think that guy was a bit of a wimp, if you'd worked that hard to win all those badges, and someone stole them, you'd do everything you could to get them back.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Oh Marowak<3 my fave Pokemon,
    but i love the way how he act..bad indeed ^w^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

One of the disturbing episodes ever. Here, we can see Otoshi who challenges Ash to a match to see if he can take his badges if he loses.

Stealing is wrong!!

Marowak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Everything about me:

My team:
    Slacker
    Skull
    Snow
    Nape
    Noir
    Hadou

Great episode. I particularly liked Jessie's disguise.

We got some action right before the Pokemon League. I was hoping the battle between Marowak and Bulbasaur had lasted longer though. I feel like we didn't get enough of Marowak.

8/10

Hmmm, it was great to see all the gym leaders again.

And Marowak was so powerfull, wow.

9/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Raikipper View Post
    and it got its butt whopped by Jessie's Arbok, of all Pokemon! That's probably not a good omen.
    Arbok was actually surprisingly strong back in Kanto- the only one of Ash mons that could consistently beat it was Pikachu, it was outclassing Squirtle AND Horsea at the same time (under water, no less), beat Pikachu and Squirtle at one point, and actually only suffered defeat at Pikachu's hands at two points in the series(Princess vs Princess, where it was one of the Fall guys to make Lickitung look good, and the Viridian Gym Battle). Most other times.

Pretty sure Arbok would easily qualify as Ash fourth strongest Kanto mon, had it been his(After Charizard, Pikachu and Kingler).

Anyhow, there was definitely things I disliked. Why did Bulbasaur have to be the fall guy for Pikachu? Poor thing was starved for victories- having defeated only Aya's Venonat and pokemon belonging some random schmuck in Princess vs Princess(shown in freeze frames).

Pikachu already had the most wins. And one ThunderShock- the weakest thunder attack? Couldn't it at least have been Thunder?

This episode was ok... Seeing Marowak again was cool, those badges of Otoshi's were very cool-looking. I didn't really like Otoshi however, he was wrong for trying to battle to see who keep Ash's badges just because he had lost his. It was upsetting to see Marowak leaving Otoshi originally because he lost his badges. The flashbacks were very cool.

21/100

I found most of this episode to be pretty forgettable. The only thing I really remember from it is the disguise that Jessie was wearing. I don't know why, I just always remembered it really well even years after seeing this episode.

I've always thought that the other badges shown in this episode were weird. Something about them just looked odd. Plus, I never really liked how in the anime a region can have more than eight gyms. It makes being a Gym Leader seem less impressive, IMO.

I liked this episode, although Otoshi himself wasn't that nice if he wanted to do the same thing Team Rocket did to him to Ash. Also, Marowak, aka the Skelatwerp, was a bit selfish if he was ready to leave his trainer after all their time together. It was nice to see Jessie's Arbok winning a match, but then shortly beaten quite badly. I loved how Jessie was ready to betray Team Rocket, and her disguise was pretty awesome.

xxx

lol @ james bottlecaps.

Okay episode. I hated how he put all of his time in his marrowak and the result was that he had such a weak doduo
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

The battle was totally unfair... Ash using both Bulbasaur and Pikachu, and Otochi using only Marowak... If I'd be Otochi, I wouldn't want Marowak back, because he left purely because of not participating in the Pokemon League... The love between a Pokemon and a Trainer should never be based on a few battles... 10/10, a funny, cool and enjoyable filler.

An okay episode, I liked how Ash helped Otoshi recover his badges.
    Last edited by Blessed; 4th September 2012 at 2:49 AM.

Ah, the last episode before the Indigo League is going to start. This episode never stayed in my mind, but I do remember James's bottle cap collection

I re-watched this episode recently. It's not bad; some parts seem corny, but a lot of episodes are like that. The Bulbasaur/Marowak battle is surprisingly good; it alone makes this episode worthwhile.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Bulbasaur vs Marowak was the best part of this episode oh and seeing James' bottle cap collection haha

Oh. A samurai. Way better than the one we saw earlier in the show. I wonder what would have happened if Jessie had grabbed those badges from that Trainer? Would he have ran away or possibly fought back?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast