Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad To The Bone! (075)

Default Bad To The Bone! (075)

Bad To The Bone!

Heading to the Pokémon League, Ash & Co meet a trainer Otoshi who recently had his 8 badges stolen from him by Team Rocket. Ash, being able to sympathise with him, decides to help. Can they get the badges back before they're both late for the league?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Factory Head Noland Guest

I saw this episode yesterday on Toonami, Otoshi's badges were really funny looking!
    So where that trainer's that Jessie tried to steal the badges from.

How come in the battle between Ash and Otoshi, Ash used two Pokemon but Otoshi only used one?

Blue,Too? Guest

Ash was able to use two pokemon because the writers didn't want Ash to lose >>

and the reason the badges looked funny is because there are a ton of gyms in Kanto, so he had different badges.

Factory Head Noland Guest

But Otoshi had Doduo aswell so he should have been allowed to use that aswell.

I know that, I'm just saying that they were funny lookin'

Blue,Too? Guest

Well yeah, I guess they are...

And about the battle, don't put much thought in it, since the only reason they battled was to find out he got his badges stolen.

Ryuu Guest

I was afraid Ash would lose all his badges - luckily, Ash was allowed to use two Pokemon.

Anyways, here we see that there are indeed more than eight gyms in Kanto. In Otoshi's flashback, a couple of unidentified gyms were featured. I have forgotten them completely, but I think a Hitmonlee was shown in one of them.

I find this episode pretty interesting, because it's not too often that you see a clip show on this show. Plus, Jessie actually tries to go off and do something on her own apart from her teammates, making them upset. I like how they get back together during the motto. It makes for an episode that's very interesting and different.

Otoshi's a great guest character too. He really makes me crack up a few times, and I really sympathize with him too. And the best part of all has to be when the guy Jessie meets on the road takes off running at high speed when he realizes it's Team Rocket. LOL

Plus, we have the first appearance of James's bottlecaps! Too bad they don't get mentioned anymore.

James's bottlecaps were a great gag, bring'em back

Yeah good episode, great battle, was hoping we might of saw Otoshi sometime during the tournament as well but obviously not the case.

Yeah, I love that gag!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Geki Guest

This was an awesome episode! It showed a flashback of Ash's battles and it showed Otashi's battles with Marowak too. Marowak is just plain awesome, and was a great fighter against Ash's Bulbasaur.

Togechic Guest

This was definitely one of Team Rocket's meaner episodes, especially considering that the loss of the badges caused Otoshi's Marowak to abandon him out of frustration for a little while there. Not to mention that Jessie was about to catch his Doduo when they were battling right before Marowak came back to save the day.

Togepi dancing was totally random.

Anyone got any pictures of the unknown badges and their gyms?

I am very curous about what does these badges look like?
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

I really hated Jessie's bragging about being the best. At least, she got what she deserved.

Very Cool badges. This episode was pretty well done. 7.2/10

[No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered
    life, I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive]

I wouldn't even mind if someone described each badge.
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^

The thing is they are foreign so we wouldnt know where they are from.

[No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered
    life, I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive]

I meant I wouldn't even mind if someone described what each badge looks like.

I remember wondering where the heck those badges came from, and I really didn't like the trainer with the Marowak.

I liked the episode and thought Marowak was awesome. The Badges where kool though. He had some Kanto League Badges the Volcano and the Soul i can remember. Does anyone remember what other Kanto badges he got

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

I have been searching the depths of the internet trying to even find sprites of these badges and I can't find them.

James's bottlecaps, my favorite James "thing", but overall good episode, but the typical someone loses their badges episode

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

that guy made eme wicked mad
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Even though I haven't seen this episode since 1999, I still remember it perfectly. At that time, I hadn't seen all of Ash's gym battles (I had yet to see Koga and Giovanni's battles) so seeing Ash getting all of his badges made me feel happy. It was also an interesting plot, and I like how the writers made you not trust Otoshi at first but then slowly accept him. Plus, it was cool seeing other, non-game badges that Otoshi and that other guy had.

The one part that bothered me is that Pikachu's Electric attacks worked on Marowak. I know they did that a lot back in the early episodes, but it's still very annoying that it happened.

I enjoyed this episode it was nice to see TR sort of return to their evil team roots instead of just being comic relief, I also liked that they showed different gym badges besides the eight that we know of and are used to.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast