Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Round One - Begin! (077)

I dont see how ash could of won that but Krabby was kool and Kingler was even kooler. We can be thankful not all his league matches where like that

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Kingler is cool. To bad Ash never uses him anymore.

When I first watched this episode (I was little at the time), I REALLY wanted Ash to win this round. I felt really happy when he beat his opponent.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXPorygonXx View Post
    Like we really care what some random person says about us.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Credit: HawthorneKitty

A excellent episode, this episode brings back so many memories for me, Krabby and Kingler are two of my favorites so it's nice to see them get used. Ash really had beginner's luck in this episode considering this is the first time he used Krabby/Kingler in the entire season since he caught it, plus he knew all of it's attacks right off the bat with out even knowing if Krabby/Kingler knew them. Anyway grats to Ash for winning his 1st round and advancing. It's surprising that Ash actually managed to get this far considering he was only carrying around five Pokemon for most of the season, also this episode really shows what a jerk Gary was during the first season glad the writers changed that as the series progressed.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

A very good episode for me, but I will express the same opinion as many others of Krabby's beginner's luck - very unlikely, but I still really enjoyed it.
    The one thing that does bug me though, is how Ash just shouted out attacks, and Kingler instantly knew them...a little odd, but there you go.

Do the Robot!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyone 4 Buttons? View Post
    The one thing that does bug me though, is how Ash just shouted out attacks, and Kingler instantly knew them...a little odd, but there you go.
    Yeah, that got on my nerves, too. But, hey, you've got to expect it by now since the anime often makes mistakes like that.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Ah this ep was brilliant...

One thing you've gotta give Ash props for, at least he went through the trouble of learning Krabby's attacks before he sent it into battle... To be fair he rarely uses all of his pokémon's available attacks, and the whole vicegrip -> leer -> stomp thing really was a pretty good combo.

I dunno, maybe the fact that Krabby beat Exeggutor, which was clearly at a high level, gave it enough experience to evolve? Sure all Ekans and Koffing ever did was lose, and they evolved with magic tears.

One thing I found odd was the fact that they made such a big deal of showing Kingler off, even though it had appeared a couple of times before this episode, and it'd been checked out with the pokédex too...

On the subject of Kingler being weak against air attacks, I think the whole point of Brock saying "air" as opposed to "flying" is that while he has no immediate disadvantage to moves like wing attack, it's hardly the most mobile creature and can't exactly speed out of the way if attacked from above... Instead it just uses hyper beam, and hands Golbat it's butt on a plate. =D

An excellent episode.This was Ashs first battle in Indigo tournament,and im amased how he managed to win all three battles with only Krabby who evolved in Kingler.At first i was little skeptic when his Krabby was at disadvantage against Exeggutor,but luckily Ash managed to pull out the win against him,which gave his Krabby enough selfconfidence to evolve in Kingler.The battle against Seadra and Golbat was also great,especially the last one in which even if Ashs Kingler was in big disadvantage,managed to win with hyper beam.I think,this episode showed how much Ash evolved as a trainer from the time when he started his Pokemon journey.

this episode was very good, winning three battles in a row with only one pokemon isn't very easy, i'll give this one a 9/10.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

I love this I love how Krabby/Kingler sweeped all of them. That Mandy guy sucked. His exeggutor must have been poorly trained to get beaten by a water type.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 7:43 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I think it was a bad move to battle with Krabby, especially since it hadn't been trained properly.

It shocked me though, when it managed to beat Exeggutor.

I'm glad that guy got the smile wiped off his face, he was really arrogant.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Nice episode, i never tought Krabby would evolve...
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Exciting!

The Beginning of the Pokemon League! I really didn't like the way that Ash's opponent, Mandy, acted. He thinks he would win as his Pokemon was strong enough, but that's just mocking another trainer. Surprisingly, I was so glad that Ash's Krabby evolved into Kingler, as it'll have good advantage when Ash advances on.

Ahaha, gotta love that arrogant Gary. Ash's opponent was kind of a fruit, if you ask me. Kingler kicked a lot of butt, it was awesome. A rather bland episode, but still decent nonetheless.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Man, after seeing Krabby/Kingler single-handedly wipe out that guy, I can't believe how few times Ash has used it since. That fight was epic, and the only one of Ash's league battles I can remember in which none of his pokemon fainted.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

i think this was an epic battle b/c of his confidence is krabby, but i dont understand where it got all of that power from. ash had never used it, not even once b4 that, yet krabby was able to evolve and sweep his opponents entire team. a little odd if u ask me

Credit to Flamer for this amazing userbar

Krabby was too weak, it was good to see it evolving. Kingler was so strong, i loved to see it battling.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

What kind of name is Mandy? It was weird, he didn't even look like a trainer to me; he looked more like a juggler at a circus. I loved how Krabby evolved while fighting that dreadful Exeggutor, then it took down not just Exeggutor but Seadra and Golbat too which was amazing to see. Excellent way to start off the Pokemon League arc and a great way to showcase an ignored Pokemon. 9/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 16th November 2010 at 1:58 AM.

This was a good way to start off the league. How Ash won this battle is a complete mystery to me but it was very good. I thought it was such an amateur move for Ash to use Krabby since...well...he's never used it before and it's never battled, but at least it evolved into Kingler and did a great job and won Ash the battle. I actually liked Mandy and thought he was kinda interesting, I also liked his team. Great episode.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    What kind of name is Mandy? It was weird, he didn't even look like a trainer to me :S

I loved how Krabby evolved while fighting that dreadful Exeggutor. then it took down not just Exeggcutor but Seadra and Golbat too.

Excellent way to start off the Pokemon League. 9/10
    Defintiely, beginner's luck for Ash. Poor Krabby. It was really taking a beating, til it evolved that is. Kingler kicked some major butt!

We really need to see Kingler again, he was so awesome here! Great episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

I remember being SO surprised when I saw Krabby evolve. Wow...that was such a long time ago. Now, looking back, Ash won this out of sheer luck. If Krabby wouldn't have evolved, he wouldn't have won. Also, Krabby's the ONLY water pokemon of Ash's thats ever evolved >_>; I wish we had the chance to see Kingler more. But as for this episode, I loved seeing Seadra. It was one of my favorite pokemon.

So....I rate this a 8/10.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

Ash's first battle in the league, oh yeah. Kingler, of course was the big star of the battle, I was pretty surprised how it was so easy to defeat Mendy's pokemon (Exeggutor for example).

I guess it is because of the fact that the writers wanted to give Ash an easy battle first. Then the things became harder.

Kingler is an unbeatable beast. Ash should use him more often.

BEST CHEERLEADER EVER!!!

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

1 of only 2 episodes where we got to see Kingler's awesome power. Kingler pwnage ftw.

7.5/10

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast