Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round One - Begin! (077)

Krabby was used so well in this episode. And Ash's friends are so not encouraging in this episode but I was laughing when they were speechless of Krabby's evolution and wins.

My ideal battle ever!

I liked this episode. Seeing Krabby evolve and win the battle for Ash, but I didn't like however that it only took 1 battle and 1 episode for him to evolve, and Ash's other Pokemon had been with him so much longer and often, and still haven't evolved. Very glad Ash defeated a fav. for the 1st round.

58/100

I thought Ash did amazing in this episode! When the battle began with Krabby vs. Exeggutor, I got very worried and felt certain that Ash was going to get creamed. So, you can imagine just how surprised I was when Krabby knocked out Exegguto, evolved, and then went on the defeat the next two Pokemon. I remember being in awe at how powerful Kingler was.

The one thing that really bothered me in this episode was Mandy's name. I kept thinking, "Isn't that a girl's name?" O_o

Misty and Brock were very encouraging in this episode, what are people talking about?

They were telling Ash the truth, it would've been wiser to use a more experienced pokemon to battle with, as Krabby had no experience at all. Misty was even willing to lend Ash one of her pokemon, how caring and generous~!

It was funny how Team Rocket interrupted the match just to support Ash, and they knew it was them...lol All those Jenny's arresting them, and Brock with his usual fanboyisms...

Anyways, looking back and seeing it now, this match was everything but DEM and luck for Ash...Krabby starts off losing the battle and then it's able to turn the match around and win. Then it evolved, and won again, and then to win the last match, it learned hyper beam....Totally unrealistic....

I'm not sure if it was this episode, but there's an episode where ash is at the pokemon league and team rocket are using their balloon as a distraction (it has pikachu dolls dangling from the bottom of it). 2 Officer Jenny's and their Growlithe see the Balloon, but when officer jenny shouts out an order she screams "Arcanine use flamethrower!"......but it's a Growlithe. Again, sorry if this is the wrong episode.....
    Black FC: 1377-7731-2864 White FC: 4470-0522-1919 In-game Name: ANGEL

I liked this episode for many reasons. Two of them was seeing Krabby in action for the first and then evolving. Glad Ash won the battle. I never really liked Mandy though, he was a creep. I wish Ash would use Kingler more often though.

9/10

This was a great episode.
    - An enjoyable battle.
    - Mandi was really funny.
    - Gary was awesome.
    - Krabby, who never battled before, performs very well and evolves.

By the way, I am really good at imitating Mandi's Dutch voice.

Kingler's only shining moment is what I primarily remember this episode for. It's Ash's most ignored Pokémon and it's a shame it doesn't get mre spotlight. Anyway, the battle itself was pretty good and one of the better ones in the Indigo League.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

It's Nidoran!
    I quite liked this episode, especially the way that they made the Trainers battle on different grounds. The Team Rocket reporters were quite funny, as was the Mandi dude. I loved how they were actually rooting for Ash in his battle vs Mandi.
    As for the battle itself, it wasn't that great but it was nice to see Krabby battle, and then evolve really fast. I don't think it should have evolved after it's first battle to be honest. It was nice to see Seadra for the first time. I think the battle may have been a bit lame because all Ash had to use was his Krabby/Kingler.
    I missed Team Rocket and their usual antics though. ):

xxx

Kingler was so beast in this battle! But I wonder why Ash doesn't use Kingler more often... is it because of this match? or that he is a water Pokemon that evolved? Here's to hoping that Kingler will return!

I love this episode. Nice way to start with the Indigo League, It was interesting how Krabby evolved into Kingler and won the match. It's one of my favorite Water types of Ash's!
    Last edited by Blessed; 3rd September 2012 at 1:12 PM.

Good episode. I just love to see good ol' Krabby evolving to a Kingler. The Indigo League was in many ways a defining moment in Ash's improvement as a trainer. He obviously made many mistakes and mostly won by luck and a little skill, but he learned well from this League - which is evident by the fact that Ash was much different personality-wise after the Orange Isles.

Kingler kicked some serious ***

The first time Ash's Pokemon evolved during an official battle. It was funny when Jessie insulted Venomoth, Dodrio, and Raticate.

Harden...Vicegrip...Leer...Stomp....Water Gun...Bubble...Crabhammer....Hyper Beam...

Man it sure had a lot of moves.
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

This was a great episode, watching this episode brings back so memories. This episode is a classic and memorable episode and it's one of my favorite episodes of the Kanto saga.

The battle between Ash and Mandy(Geez, what kind of name is that? It's didn't sound like a boy's name)was great and Krabby was the star in this episode. This is the first time Ash used his Krabby after he caught it. It's smart thinking of Ash to learn Krabby's moves before sending it into a battle. I loved the scene where Krabby defeated Exeggutor and evolved into a Kingler, the expression on Brock and Misty's faces were priceless. It's awesome how Kingler sweeped Mandy's other Pokémon too, making Ash the winner of the match. I'm glad Ash advanced to the second round.

Kingler is Ash's first and only fully-evolved water type Pokémon, too bad it didn't get any decent appearance after this episode.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

How many moves could Kingler use in that battle? It was definitely more than 4.
    Then again, the games and the anime aren't equal, so it's understandable.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I was really impressed by Ash's Krabby beating an Exeggutor and then evolving after only one on-screen battle. I didn't care for Krabby before that, but the writers made me care about him after this episode. Anyway, I was a bit sad by Mandi's Seadra losing so quickly though; its debut could've been better imo.

Yay Krabby's time to shine, it's a shame Kingler didn't ever get much screen time in the series, it was great that they at least gave it one episode for some development and evolution. I liked how well thought out the league looked in this first one, its sad they didn't put this much effort in with all the league arcs they do. TR and jessie in particular were pretty funny in this episode, her summary of that guys team really cracked me up, amusing the first time they cheered for Ash in the league too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123