Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fourth Round Rumble! (079)

Default Fourth Round Rumble! (079)

Fourth Round Rumble!

Its getting to the 4th Round. Gary has lost, Ash is the only Pallet Trainer left in. Its on the Grass field in another 3 on 3 battle against Jeanette's Beedrill, Scyther and Bellsprout. Can Ash win this battle and get into the Finals

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

meggirl63 Guest

I felt sorry for Gary after he lost his match against Melissa. After all, I saw that he was hurt after losing the match. What do u think?

Hales Guest

Probably deep down he was hurting... but then again it might have had something to do with Ash getting into the fifth round... all those insults to Ash about being a loser, not as good as he is yet Ash managed to get past Gary without even facing him in a battle.

Which probably made him even worse in later episodes!

This is probably my favorite part of the Indigo League Tournament.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Anyone think that Seismic Toss to Nidoking must have been VERY painful?

Yeah, Ash's battle with Janette was one of his best. Bringing in his Muk was a brilliant move and very unexpected. It was hilarious when all of Bellsprout's attacks just bounced right off.XD Ah, we get to see Bulbasaur really shine in this episode. Taking out Janette's Scyther was no easy feat. Scyther was really impressive and I like how they did double team in this one, it's different from all the other times we've seen it. Pikachu didn't really do all that much in this battle, but you can hardly blame him for that. Overall, I probably liked this one the most of all the Indigo League Tournament episodes, it was really a great and memorable battle.
    ~

that bellsprout was one mean bada/ss mofo. He took out two tough pokemon of ash's down easily with his crazy Tai Chi Quan moves. Now if only Hitmonlee actually fought Jet Kune Do style, then that be crazy beyond crazy.

What annoyed me about this episode is that the announcer compliments Bellsprout for taking out two of Ash's Pokemon, but doesn't compliment Ash on taking out two of Jeanette's. -_-

On another note, Bulby was AWESOME in this battle. *I knew you could defeat Bellsprout anytime you wanted, Bulby, you were just fighting fair, right?*

Cheers!
    ~Bulby
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

meggirl63 Guest

Gary wasn't the only one with a cheerleading squad that supported a Pokemon trainer. Janette Fischer had one as well.

Yeah, this was especially good because it was the only Indigo match besides the one versus Ritchie that showed all three of Ash's pokemon being used in battle.

A good battle. Bulbasaur ROCKED! Pikachu FAILED MISERABLY TO A BELLSPROUT and Muk DID SOMETHING! Greatness at its best.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

I love this ep, I wish I had a Belsprout like that XD
    Black - JP
    FC: 1848 9979 6673 Trainer name: Billy IDNo: 65021
    White - UK
    FC: 2537 2960 7121 Trainer name: Bella IDNo: 62467
    White2 - JP
    FC: 0819 9968 5972 Trainer name: Benny IDNo: 39588
    Black2 - UK
    FC: 4170 2407 1321 Trainer name: Britney IDNo: 09957

watchermark Guest

I totally agree with you guys. This is, IMO, one of the best episodes of the entire Indigo League. Bulbasaur (one of my favourite Pokemon) was really given a chance to show it's stuff. And the use of the Pokemon Battle Theme when Pikachu was fighting Bellsprout (and lost! Take that you little yellow rodent) was great.

Also doesn't this episode mark the first (and only time I think) time that Jessie calls Ash by name rather than 'Twerp'?

It's pretty amusing how the twerps were surprised that Janette sent out a bellsprout as her last pokemon, and it ended up being a surprisingly good fighter. Wow, that bellsprout was surprisingly good. At least Ash was able to defeat it with Muk. I like the part when Muk went on Ash at the end of the episode, and Ash says that now he knows how bellsprout felt.

I also like that Team Rocket got to go an entire episode just earning their keep the honest way instead of stealing pokemon (their moneymaking ventures during the Silver Conference were better, but this was good too). It's interesting how they found that they're more successful selling things than stealing things. I like the motto for the episode too. Oh yes, and it was great seeing Victreebel again too.

Overall, I really liked this episode.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 7/15 NEW!! 7/24 NEW!! 7/26
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:
    To reclaim:

Blaziken master Guest

This has to be the best indigo episode.Way better than the last match vs Richie.I loved the part where bulbasaur slammed its vine against scyther's chest and knocked it out.

The best part of this episode is that Muk saw some action IMO.

Bulbasaur was awesome in this ep like in most other ones.

The only bad part about Muk being used in this episode is that it put him in an "only be used in tournaments" role.

I haven't seen this episode in a while, but I'll give it a -

8/10

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Yeah, Ash's battle with Janette was one of his best. Bringing in his Muk was a brilliant move and very unexpected. It was hilarious when all of Bellsprout's attacks just bounced right off.XD Ah, we get to see Bulbasaur really shine in this episode. Taking out Janette's Scyther was no easy feat. Scyther was really impressive and I like how they did double team in this one, it's different from all the other times we've seen it. Pikachu didn't really do all that much in this battle, but you can hardly blame him for that. Overall, I probably liked this one the most of all the Indigo League Tournament episodes, it was really a great and memorable battle.
    Heracross, I might've mentioned this to you before on AIM. Kaoruko's battle was nice, but I just gotta get this out here: Fushigidane vs. Strike was bulls***. I don't care if Fushigidane was owned by a previous trainer, was guardian of a hidden Pokemon sanctuary, and was used in a number of battles by Satoshi, I do not see it surviving so many direct hits from Strike as it did. Then, when Satoshi finds a way around Double Team, Strike goes down in just one Vine Whip? Right... usually, Satoshi finding his way around Double Team is just a minor inconvenience for his opponent in later episodes.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

At last someone agrees with me that Bulbasaur should be munch in that battle.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

if that was my bellsprout....id be proud....WELL DONE BELLSPROUT *pats on the back*

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Fushigidane vs. Strike was bulls***. I don't care if Fushigidane was owned by a previous trainer, was guardian of a hidden Pokemon sanctuary, and was used in a number of battles by Satoshi, I do not see it surviving so many direct hits from Strike as it did. Then, when Satoshi finds a way around Double Team, Strike goes down in just one Vine Whip? Right... usually, Satoshi finding his way around Double Team is just a minor inconvenience for his opponent in later episodes.
    You just have to chalk this up as the way battles were written back then. Ash's Pokemon would take a lot of damage, and then his Pokemon would defeat their opponents in about one or two hits.

Bulbasaur did take down Scyther with one Vine Whip, but what can you do with an episode written in 1998?

It just goes to show you how better scripted the battles are nowadays in AG. Usually the only time we get one-hit KO's in AG is when the battles are rushed for time pressure, such as in the Masamune league match.

Episode highlights
    - Ash vs Jeanette
    - Victreebell eating up James (again)
    - Misty bashing Brock for rooting for Jeanette out of love

how come in the game bellsprout is useless (no offence to bellsprout lovers) but in this ep he was the best pokemon. makes no sense

[No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered
    life, I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive]

Quote Originally Posted by LuciRuki
    how come in the game bellsprout is useless (no offence to bellsprout lovers) but in this ep he was the best pokemon. makes no sense
    He was probably trained very well by the trainer.

still though, pikachu could kick bellsprouts lil behind, the thing about the roots absorbing the shock or something- very unrealistic.

[No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered
    life, I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive]

Satoshi had only been training Pikachu for a little over a year, whereas we can only guess how long Kaoruko had Madatsubomi. With that and the fact that Pikachu was at an offensive type disadvantage, a loss is hardly unjustified.
    ~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast