Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fourth Round Rumble! (079)

I really liked this episode. It was great that Ash ends up winning and going further than his rival Gary. That Bellsprout was strong! It was great seeing Ash finally take it down with his Muk landing on top of it.

70/100

I was happy that Gary lost and Ash won his battle and moved on to the next round. I felt that Gary deserved to lose after calling Ash a loser so many times and arrogantly bragging about how much better he was than Ash.
    I seriously thought that the Bellsprout in this episode was on steroids or something. I had always imagined Bellsprout as being really weak, since it looks like a wimp. It was really surprising to see it beat up Bulbasaur and Pikachu. I liked it when Muk came in a finally beat it, though. It was nice to finally see Muk fight for once. ^_^
    My favourite part of this episode was when Officer Jenny called Growlithe Arcanine. xD

Quote Originally Posted by saar View Post
    I think this battle was the best in the Kanto league. Yes, more than battles against Ritchie and Mandy, who were short ones.
    I agree. This was the highlight of the Kanto League for me. The ideas Ash used in the battle actually made some sense to me and it was really good to see him win a battle without Misty and Brock coaching them. Bellsprout was pretty bad *** in this episode taking out both Bulbasaur and Pikachu with its dodging abilities. Janette in this episode alone was the most interesting non-Gym Leader/Gary that Ash faced in Kanto in my opinion. It helps that I liked her design too.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

It was a pity for me that Gary lost, he is one of my favourite characters. Also, I would have loved seeing Gary and Ash have a battle in the Indigo League / Kanto League. Also funny to see how Bulbasaur beats a strong Scyther, and then loses to Bellsprout. And when Brock cheers for Jeanette, I loved Misty's response to that.

It's Bellsprout!
    haha Gary losing, it was actually great to see that.

I absolutely loved Jeanette and her Erika-like appearance. Ash vs Jeanette was by far the best Kanto battle in my opinion. It was nice to see someone else utilize an unevolved Pokémon so well. That Bellsprout was quite amazing. I don't see why Ash would assume Jeanette would be easy because she was using a Bellsprout... most of his Pokémon aren't evolved.

xxx

Loved this episode, shame that Gary lost though. Poor Pikachu couldn't do anything to stop that Bellsprout, luckily Muk came through in the end. It was the only one in Ash's team who could defeat it tbh.
    Last edited by Blessed; 1st October 2012 at 9:33 PM.

I feel more sorry for Gary's Cheerleaders than Gary himself.
    Oh yes, that BELLSPROUT WAS A TROLL at least it got it's Butt Mukked! (My Lame Pun on Muk)

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

I'm glad Brock and Misty were in the bleachers and not yelling their mouths off in this episode. I liked it whenever Ash does well on his own.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

This episode made me hate Bellsprout when I was young. I swear it was cheating, though I guess since the anime =/= games, the interpretation of a Bellsprout would be different. Still, it was rather... odd. Jeanette didn't seem to give out attack orders, she just allowed her Bellsprout to do whatever it wanted.

I was a bit disappointed that we wouldn't see a battle between Ash and Gary in the Indigo League, which is what I'm sure many of us was waiting for. Stupid Ritchie.

So yeah, it's not that bad an episode, since it was an interesting battle.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

While I admit that when I saw this episode for the first time, I was shocked to realize Gary lost in the 4th round. Especially with the tough/professional image he build up leading to this event, you would expect that someone like him could easily get very far in the league. Like he was some sort of Tobias of Kanto imo. Ash had probably his best battle hear and I can't deny his creativity in using out of nothing, his Muk. Masterful written.

I loved how Ash's Muk came and saved the day

Bellsprout was freakin' amazing. Which is why no one should doubt the Bell line. :3 But, that Body Slam was just....ewwww. xD

Gary finally got eliminated from the Indigo League! I bet it really hurt his big ego, he desereved it for calling Ash a loser and showing off his cheerleaders. It's pathetic when his cheerleaders started crying after he lose in the fourth round.

Ash's fourth round opponent Janet was cute and her entrance was beautiful, like Mandy and Gary she has cheerleaders too.....which was odd. How come almost every trainer has their own Cheersquad?
    Anyway, I liked how Bulbasaur defeated Beedrill with Leech Seed and Tackle. The battle between Bulbasaur and Scyther wasn't bad, but Scyther got down too fast. Scyther seemed a strong Pokémon, so it shouldn't have been lose like that.

Janet's final Pokémon Bellspourt was...........too strong. It defeated both Ash's Bulbasaur and Pikachu in a row! Whoa, talk about bad writing.....the Bulbasaur who took down a freaking Scyther, lost to a Bellsprout?? Whoa!

Well....at least Ash's Muk body slammed that Bellsprout and made it faint, I really like the look on Bedrock's face when Muk was coming towards him. I'm glad Ash advanced to next round after winning the match.
    It's kinda funny when Ash's Muk gave Misty a big bearhug at the end.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

When Jeanette sent that Bellsprout out, I thought "well, this will be an easy win for Ash."
    How wrong I was.

No, seriously, that was one powerful Bellsprout!
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123