Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friend or Foe Alike! (081)

Default Friend or Foe Alike! (081)

Friend or Foe Alike!

After finding out he will be battling Richie, Ash gets tricked by Team Rocket to get away from the Indigo Stadium just before the battle. With no form of transport, Ash is stuck there...can he get back to the stadium in time for the battle...or will he be forced to forfeit?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Does anyone else feel Ash would have won the match if he had time to put his team together? In other words i believe Ash was the better trainer.

Talking

i agree he should of won and he needed more time to select his team better.

I hate this battle. What an anticlimax!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

I think it was good he lost.. It's not like everything else where the hero always wins
    Black - JP
    FC: 1848 9979 6673 Trainer name: Billy IDNo: 65021
    White - UK
    FC: 2537 2960 7121 Trainer name: Bella IDNo: 62467
    White2 - JP
    FC: 0819 9968 5972 Trainer name: Benny IDNo: 39588
    Black2 - UK
    FC: 4170 2407 1321 Trainer name: Britney IDNo: 09957

Ash should have won. But he was exhausted after what he went through.

Ash is so stupid.Althrough Charizard won't obey,he can still use others.Pikachu against Butterfree,Squirtle against Charmandar, Bulbasaur against Richie's Pikachu.Then Ash can win.
    current rank:Rising trainer
    Final rank:Pokemon champion
    Oh boy,I have a long way to go.
    Future DP team:

It's interesting how, just like in the last episode, Team Rocket fought as hard as they could to make sure they'd win this time. It's interesting how they keep coming back no matter how many times Ash stops them. I especially like when they hook him on the book and says they can have the bike back.

The people behind the show really did well in building the dramatic tension for this episode, wondering if Ash was going to make it back to the stadium on time, and he just barely does. Also, wondering if Charizard is finally going to obey Ash or not. At least Charizard took care of Zippo, but the end of the episode is so heartbreaking. I can really feel Ash's pain.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 7/15
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:
    To reclaim:

Ash could have won if he didn't trust in Charizard, but it's good that he didn't win. It helped him grow personally. The top 16 isn't that bad anyway (out of over 200 people)

This episode was pretty interesting. I know there were some funny quotes in this episode, but I can't seem to remember them.

7.5/10

All Charizard needed was a little motivation from Richie's Pikachu (i.e thunderbolt Charizard and i'm sure it would have been looking for a fight)

If that had happened i'm sure Ash would have won the match - I wanted Ash to win too,I just wasn't that into Richie

i like this episode because it is when ash lost in the indigo league! cmon, do you expect him to accually win the league on his first try? better richie than someone else

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

Hey if Ash (Satoshi) had won it it might've been the end of Pokemon. and it it was too soon to end the series.

Volt Tackle Guest

Horrible! Team Rocket interupting is one thing, but Team Rocket actually wearing Ash down, now THAT is too far. Plus the battle seemed to rushed.

Meh. Richie beating Ash by default was lame. It should of been Pika VS Pika

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

The one time I got angry at both Team Rocket and Charizard, for ruining Ash's match. Still, it would've been anticlimactic if Ash had just fought Richie in a normal battle. Still, stupid of Ash to use Squirtle when he knew Richie had charmander. Anyway, I'd love to see Richie return, just to see Ash cream him in a match.

I'd like to have seen Ash win. I mean, come on! Ash will NEVER return to Indigo Plateu or the Silver Conference or the Hoenn League! If Ash had won here, he would be a stronger person in the future leagues, have a claim to fame (better than stupid Max talking about how he watched a video of him at Johto), and it would be easier for writers to tie up all the loose ends when they reach the end of the series. (Whenever that is.)

Am I the only one annoyed that Ash never got to fight a climatic battle against the Elite Four?
    Er-hem!...Congradulations, Ash, you and your pokemon are hall of famers!"

was anyone else annoyed that Squirtle lost because of sleep powder?

that was pretty weak

Meh...the Manga verison was WAY better.

I was disappointed with the battle, it was anti-climatic. When I was little, I was hoping Ash would win the Pokemon League and I was very disappointed that Ash did not win.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXPorygonXx View Post
    Like we really care what some random person says about us.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Credit: HawthorneKitty

To bad Charizard and TR prevented Ash from having a good match with Richie I was looking forward to it, to bad the writers never have these two fight again in either the Johto or Hoen leagues the match would definitely be epic.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

i agree with wobbanaut about the dramatic tension in this episode. i also liked that misty showed she really cared about Ash when she went to confront Richie when she thought he had made the call. the scenario was alos hilarious. I liked that ash lost, it was so unpredictable. One of my fav eps.
    Need: Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles, Pokemon DP: Sinnoh League Victors, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

To Be Continued

I really thought that Ash was going to become the champion. Y'know, like how most main characters always win. Now, I just don't expect Ash to ever win the Pokemon League.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Ah,yes the episode full of dramatic tension.Until the end i didnt know if Ash is going to come in time for his match against Richie,and after he lost i fealt really sorry for him.Ash didnt deserve to loose this battle at all,after everything he went through to arrive in time,and like it wasnt enough that team rocket exhausted him and his pokemon,his charizard also had to refuse to listen him.Anyway if all of this didnt happen im sure that Ash would have won this match.However,despite all this was a very interesting episode.

it was a good episode, they just need a bit more succes but for the rest it's good. 9/10.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

This was a nice and suspenseful episode. Rather comical how team rocket just wouldn't give up. I felt bad for Pidgeotto though. After seeing it fall like that.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast