Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pallet Party Panic! (083)

Just got the DVD set of the Orange Islands so over the next few days I'll be writing reviews after each episode I watch.

After watching this episode, It seems I'll have to get used to hearing all the old voices and seeing the old animation. I have a feeling I'll get used to that as I watch these episodes.

These days, whenever I watch any episode of Pokemon, I can sometimes tell when a Pokemon is going to evolve. During this episode, I was thinking "why do I have the feeling that Pdgeotto is going to evolve in 30 seconds?" and then it did. And then I thought "called it!"

Not too bad a start to the Orange Islands arc.
    Let's move on to the next episode, shall we?
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

I found it cool how the Spearow from the first episode came back as a Fearow. I thought it was interesting that this saga began and ended in a similar way, with a flock of Spearow attacking Ash and co.

I was happy at first to see Pidgeotto evolve, because I thought it was one of Ash's strongest Pokemon and well deserving of an evolution. However, I was upset when Pidgeot stayed behind in the forest. I thought that was just insane, considering how useful Pidgeot would have been in the Orange Islands arc. >_>

Hearing about the Orange Islands was something I really enjoyed. It made me excited to watch those episodes, because I really wanted to see what another region looked like.

I love how there getting bombed and Dehlia and Oak are just standing there talking while everyone else is running for there life! Heck,Dehlia is laughing too!
    Last edited by MidnightMelody; 8th April 2011 at 2:56 PM.

I found it to be a shame that Ash had only tried to capture Fearow once during its battle with Pidgeot. He really should have tried after it got hit by the Razor Wind before it fled. That way it would have killed 2 birds with one stone (pun not intended), it would have solved the problem that it wouldn't happen again since the Spearow wouldn't have a leader and Ash would have gotten a strong bird. It also would have been a nice way for Kanto to come full circle with him catching the Fearow that chased him down in the first episode.

Shame though that Ash never went back for it though since I'd love to see how Pidgeot stacks up with Ash's other birds, especially since Pidgeot seemed to be a strong pokemon and one that would obey him, unlike Charizard.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

The writers really treated Pigeotto like crap during his ENTIRE run on the show.

He never had any major battles. He had like 3-4 battles. He never even competed in the pokemon league. Ash chose CHARIZARD to battle with instead of Pidgeotto which didnt make sense at all.

Then, when Pidgeotto FINALLY gets a focus episode, it's about him leaving? that sucks, I loved Pidgeot and it sucks that Ash never kept his promise. And what's even worse was that when Ash released it was like he barely even cared which made it worse.

Ash having a strong pidgeot could have really finally put Pigeot in a good light instead of just being the forgotten HM slave. He was literally robbed of his chance to shine.

For all we know, someone else could have caught Pidgeot by now.

I just really hope they reunite one day.
    Last edited by Swagga09; 4th May 2011 at 4:11 AM.
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

My favorite episode of the first season. But Charizard ruined it a bit I think he got to much focus. The bad thing about this episode is Pidgeotto didn't get as much attention as the rest of Ash's Pokemon wasn't in much battles or most important events then when he gets his own Episode he gets realesed it's just stupid. He should of got Oaked at the end of the Orange islands. And even worse Ash promised he would return for it but hasn't in the past years. I hope one day it comes back.

Not much love for Charizard in this thread, eh?

I must be in the minority, because I liked the Charizard half of this episode more than the Pidgeotto/Pidgeot half. Let's face it, Charizard has some of the most personality out of all of Ash's Pokemon in the first season. That personality means it can come of in two ways, either positively or negatively. Charizard is definitely its own Pokemon, and I see that as a sign of strong character. As mentioned by others, Charizard's reaction to seeing the food and then it getting blown up by Team Rocket is the funniest part of this episode. Some people find Charizard to be a jerk, but I think he's awesome.

One thing that sort of bothered me about the Pidgeotto/Pidgeot voice work is that Pidgeot said the word "Pidgeotto" in its...dialogue way more than the actual evolution. Like, Pidgeotto used to say "Pidgeot" a lot, and now the final evolution is all backwards when it speaks too? Kinda strange.
    Pokémon Black F.C. 1334 7825 1385
    Pokémon Black 2 F.C. 3483 6901 2765

Charizard's little bit in this episode was not entertaining at all. The episode was pretty dull overall. I didn't care for Pidgeot either. I thought it would've been interesting to have catch Fearow but whatever.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

It's Pidgeot!
    I quite liked this episode, although again it was only interesting after Team Rocket got involved. The way they were throwing them bombs was just epic. Pidgeotto evolving was good, but I think it was a bit too quick for it to go. Saying that, Pidgeot didn't seem that bothered to leave Ash.... lol

xxx

I was sad to see Pidgeotto evolving, I love Pidgeotto and like it better than Pidgeot. I think Ash could've kept Pidgeotto as a Pidgeotto for a long time, as a reasonably strong battler who deserved more chances than he got, and as a smokescreen-remover, make-hole-in-balloon-guy and to scout from out of the air, just like Ash's newer regional birds.

Ash still didn't fulfill his promise to get Pidgeot back. How horrible must that be for Pidgeot, who loves his trainer. Is he still waiting for Ash to come back?

Aside from that, good to see a Pidgeotto-focusing episode, showing how loyal he is. I was crying when Pidgeot left, I'm crying now because I just rewatched it. Not as sad as Butterfree, but also horribly sad. The episode gets 9/10.

I was very sad when Pidgetto had to leave Ash's team. I really loved it and even better as a Pidgeot. Ash will never fulfill his promise to it. But I wonder if he's still waiting for Ash?. Anyway a very nice & touching episode to end the Kanto season.
    Last edited by Blessed; 3rd September 2012 at 3:14 PM.

Ah, the episode were one of 'Kanto's favorites" evolved and later on, abruptly left behind by its trainer. I did enjoy this ending though and I can understand the ethical responsibility Pidgeot has in protecting other Pokémons. Not much to complain about that. Charizard really didn't deserve that much of the spotlight, considering its disobedient performance during the Indigo League.

Anyway, it was a heck of a ride to watch all Kanto episodes and now it's time for the Orange Isles series.

I always wanted to try TRio's food it looked soooo good

Yes, Pidgeotto evolved. Sucks that Ash had to leave Pidgeot with the flock. I wonder if that promise he made to it was only dub?

I liked this episode, but I always hated that he had to let Pidgeot go just when it evolved. I think he had Pidgeot (in that form) for an even shorter time than Primeape (in that form).
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

This was my favourite episode from the first season of the cartoon because Pidgotto evolved and because Ash went on a new journey. and I was even happy that Misty got to stay and travel with Ash to the Orange islands. I also liked Team rocket in this episode because they were stuck in the tree and had to get help from the gang. Great episode lol.

Good episode...Just hope we get to see Pidgeot again
    ALRIGHTY!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Until next time...
    PEACE!

This episode was much better than the other two disappointing episodes before it. After Ash's Top 16 achivement in the Indigo League, Pallet Town holds a party to celebrate his accompolisment. The Pallet Party was hilarious! Ash and the others send thier Pokémon so they can celebrate too. Ash was about to send out Charizard, but thankfully Misty and Brock stops him before he could do it.
    As they celebrate, Team Rocket comes to cause a Pallet Party Panic to steal Pikachu. They manages to steal Pikachu and starts getting away. But Ash sends out Pidgeotto who burst their balloon, making them fall in the ground. Team Rocket injures Pidgeotto with Arbok, so Ash sends out Charizard! Team Rocket tries to destory the party table by throwing bombs, which angers Charizard. Charizard blasts Team Rocket off and catches Pikachu before showing off it's power. Those stupid jerks got what they deserved, I'm glad Charizard did something right in this episode. Prof. Oak asks Ash and Co to visit Orange Islands and pick up a spacial Pokéball from Prof. Ivy. Ash agress to do so.
    The best part of this episode was Ash's Pidgeotto evolution! Pidgeot and the Pidgey family totally owned that jerk Fearow(it's the same spearow that got hit by Ash's stone in the first episode) in this episode. Later Ash told Pidgeot to take care of Pidgey family to make sure the Fearow dosen't attack them. He also told Pidgeot that he'll come back as soon as he gets Professor Ivy's Pokéball..........but he never came back! He never saw his Pidgeot again! *Sigh* Pidgeot is probably Ash's most underrated Flying-type Pokémon and it's really sad to see it go after the Indigo League. It'd be awesome if the anime writers makes an episode where Ash visits Pidgeot again.......but the chances of that happening are very slim.

This is a memorable episode IMO, because this is the only episode that was focused on Ash's Pidgeotto/Pidgeot.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

For some reason, I always think Ash's Pidgeotto evolves some time during Johto, not this episode.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234