Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Scare In The Air! (084)

Default A Scare In The Air! (084)

A Scare In The Air!

Heading to the Orange Islands, Ash takes part ina Lottery and wins a quick way there, a Blimp ride...but when the Blimp turns out to be old and in control of Team Rocket. And to make things worse...the Blimp may be haunted. Will Ash & Co. survive?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Wait, was this the one where the blimp was tipping from side to side because of the pokemon?
    I'M DOING IT SO I CAN QUIT YOU EVIL SEREBII!
    BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME!

Mistystar89 Guest

^I think if I'm not wrong. I liked this episode. 8.5/10

Ororo Munroe Guest

I really like how Misty was determined to find Togepi and was walking on that small beam with Bulbasaur's help.

It was strange watching this episode for the first time (apart from a brief glimpse on Cartoon Network) under the original name of "A Scare in the Air". My recording of the episode, which is now gone, had it under the 9/11-changed name of "Spirits in the Sky", and that's how I got used to calling the episode.

Anyway, I find it a little strange how Giovanni just happened to transfer Team Rocket to the Blimp Brigade just as the twerps were about to fly to Valencia Island. I know he doesn't like the trio so much in the later days, but something definitely seemed odd about his timing (even more so than him suddenly leaving the Viridian gym right before Ash's gym battle).

I know my favorite part of the episode has to be the part when Team Rocket keep emptying out the two tanks to try and balance the blimp, and the twerps keep sliding back and forth. ROFLOL I also like the part when everyone sees Jigglypuff covered in a sheet and think she's a ghost. Jigglypuff was definitely hilarious in this episode.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

this was a great episode and the end was fun to guess what would happen next. overall id say 9/10

an ok epi. i didnt really like it much as there wasnt much battling going on. 6/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Great episode, although I was bit freaked out by Team Rocket's reaction to the ghost.

Team Rocket was what made this episode interesting, IMO

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A good episode to begin our gangs trip around the Orange Islands, I like how TR thought they were getting a promotion despite the fact that they've done nothing to deserve on throughout the entire series. I liked Misty's determination to find Togepi and her use of Bulbasaur to get Togepi though why she just didn't have Bulbasaur grab Togepi in the first place I don't know. I assume that someone read an address wrong on arriving to the airfield since there's noway that a company would give a blimp ride on a blimp that was falling apart for fear of a lawsuit.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

It was a good episode. Pretty funny too XD "Onix you're too heavy" :P not like it's his fault Brock.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

i liked watching this episode, team rocket allways makes things more funny as usual:P

Who in their right mind would get onto that blimp?

You could tell just by looking at it, that the thing was an accident waiting to happen.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

i think it was scary ^_^;
    but maybe because i was sick when i saw it for the first time XD
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode was a good start of the Orange Islands arc. After many episodes, Team Rocket hasn't changed a bit. I did feel disturbed that they'd let Ash ride for free on a worn out blimp so they can make it to Valencia Island. What was the point of doing it if they knew they couldn't control a "first class" blimp? o.O
    This account is dead

-----------------------------------------------------

PSN: Shokanabo
    MSN: blue.ball.electricity@live.de
    FB: http://www.facebook.com/Shokanabo

There totally was a daruma on the windowsill in the cafeteria. /dork. I love seeing Japanese references that weren't edited out ^_^ I still can't believe that blimp managed to stay in the air for as long as it did... o_o And that was the lamest blimp crash ever, lol. But it's okay, I still found the episode to be fairly enjoyable.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Strange episode, i didn't like it at all...
    It was scary for Misty when she saved Togepi, but it was good when she managed to save it.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

A preety good espiode overall.I have not saw it in a long time.
    hunting Everybody a Serebii forum Shiny Hunt at Celestial Tower and other routes which will be taking place on Friday 22nd of April 2011 until Sunday 24th of April 2011, this will be your chance to RE a shiny Pokemon along with everybody else here.

Copy this in your sig and spread the word! Started By Haunter227

It was amazing, truely scary. I mean, Team Rocket was in charge of the blimp? They're idiots. It was insane!

Loved that Togepi went missing, causing everyone to look for it. It was scary, they were so high up in the air and it was dark in the blimp.

At least it crashed on their destination :S 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    It was amazing, truely scary. I mean, Team Rocket was in charge of the blimp? They're idiots. It was insane!

Loved that Togepi went missing, causing everyone to look for it. It was scary, they were so high up in the air and it was dark in the blimp.

At least it crashed on their destination :S 10/10
    I'm still really scared of heights, but during this episode I had that feeling in my stomach that I was going to fall! Team Rocket should never fly a blimp ever again. Too bad that do :/

Oh memories! the first episode of the new adventure for the gang, with this I'm finally starting to watch my newly-acquired Orange League DVD, I'm so ****ing happy!!!

Well this was another amazing episode, haha the opening still is the Gotta Catch 'Em All, Ash says not always he can loose! LOL They finally reach Valencia Island after a very trainwreck travel!

10/10 Great and exciting start!

Didn't really like this episode. Balancing out the blimp was really funny especially when heavy Onix was really tipping the blimp almost all the way over.. Was definitely a bad place for Togepi to get lost in, good thing Misty got it back. It was not a bright idea to even get on the blimp in the 1st place.

5/100

You know, I thought for sure that Ash was going to send out Charizard the way Brock sent out Onix!

When you think about it, wouldn;t geodude have been a bit too heavy as well?

Wow, for (technically) the official beginning of the Orange Islands arc, this one could've been a bit better.

It was okay, but not too great.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

This episode freaked me out a lot when I was younger. When I saw how broken down the blimp looked, I was certain that something would go wrong when they were flying in it. I was also convinced that they were going to crash horribly and die for some reason (because I would have been like 6 when this aired O.o).

I did like the parts with Jigglypuff, especially when it was a "ghost." I also like how this episode began the Orange Islands arc, because I was eager to see what they were like.

Bad episode. Why didn't Team Rocket stay on the Blimp Brigade anyway? Team Rocket wasn't amusing and Jigglypuff wasn't funny. The tipping scene in the blimp was meh at best. There was not one redeeming quality in this episode.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast