Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fit To Be Tide! (087)

Good gym battle, i loved Lapras' strategy..

And Ash was great, 7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This episode was cool. All 3 of the tests were cool, and definitely gave a different version of a gym battle than we were used to at the time. The race strategy was really cool as well. Glad Ash won in the end.

60/100

To me, it felt like this first Gym match was just a bit too easy and was a bit too short.

It could've been a little longer.

However, it is neat to see gym matches done in a different style than the usual first-trainer-to-faint-the-leaders-pokemon-first style. Truly unique!

Also, I personally liked what Seadras voice sounded like. It was really adorable!
    Last edited by Painkiller2001; 8th March 2011 at 6:31 PM.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

I liked how this episode showed what Gym battles in the Orange Islands are like. The Gym "battle" in this episode was interesting because it was very different from Ash's battles in Kanto. However, the Gym was a little weird. I mean, being able to shoot cans with water proves your Pokemon are strong enough for the League because...?

The part at the beginning when Ash phoned Prof. Oak was funny, because Tracey was *blushing*. Creepy.

I always liked the Orange Islands' gym battles because of their uniquness. The shooting cans was a silly challenge though to be honest. Sissy's little brother was pretty annoying though. With Seadra and Blastoise though, I would've liked to see a traditional gym battle.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

It was really funny when Ash called Seadra ugly, and Seadra used Water Gun on Ash.

Aside from that, tense "battle", enjoyable episode, I loved this one as a little kid and I still do. 10/10, no doubt.

Cissy's gym seems a little unfair, seeing as clearly her Pokemon have been specifically trained for shooting targets, whereas some trainers might literally have to capture a new water type simply to be able to compete. Not cool.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

I like how the Gym battles are different, but I agree that the activities are a bit unfair seeing as the Gym Leader has an obvious advantage. This episode, in particular, was one of my favourites because I just loved the surf race. It was smart of Ash to change the conditions with Ice Beam.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    but I agree that the activities are a bit unfair seeing as the Gym Leader has an obvious advantage.
    At one side, that is true and unfair. But at the other site, it is really a test for trainers to overcome their disadvantage against the Gym Leader.

However, some necessities are unfair. Cissy requiring someone to have two Water types, which one of them needs to be able to Surf.

Someone who challenges Danny has to climb a mountain first. A little unfair, because someone who does not have the physical abilities to climb a mountain, but the Pokemon and the skill to complete the challenge is unable to take part.

I do think that the challenges from Rudy and Luana are fair.

The Gym battles in the Orange Islands were really interesting!. Nice to see that Ash won.
    Last edited by Blessed; 3rd September 2012 at 3:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    I always liked the Orange Islands' gym battles because of their uniquness. The shooting cans was a silly challenge though to be honest. Sissy's little brother was pretty annoying though. With Seadra and Blastoise though, I would've liked to see a traditional gym battle.
    This comment basically summarizes my entire opinion about this episode. I loved the Orange Island gyms just because of the variety and something completely different than the standard 1 v 1 battles in Kanto and Johto.

This battle was so cool. Especially when Ash rode on Lapras. I love those kind of races. Which made me love Pokemon Heroes so much. I hope we see more races later on.

Mikan island's gym "battle" was cool, The challenges were truly unique. It's cool to challenges like Pokémon race and Water Gun targeting. I'm glad he managed to defeat Cissy and won the Coral Eye badge.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Why didn't they just battle with their Pokemon then shoting targets and racing. I don't feel that this will Ash stronger as a Pokemon trainer.

I like the fact that they broke the usual gym battle norm, mores gyms should do this.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

I think it was kind of stupid. It did show me how strong the gym leader is. I wanted to see how strong that Seadra is or how powerful that blastoise is in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    I think it was kind of stupid. It did show me how strong the gym leader is. I wanted to see how strong that Seadra is or how powerful that blastoise is in battle.

The gym battles in Oragne Islands are different from regular gym battles. Besides battling, it tests other skills of a trainer's Pokemon.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 6th August 2013 at 6:11 PM.
    Pokémon XY

But what if Ash didn't have Laparas and he couldn't compete. What if he didn't have any water types at all? Then what those Ash can't chanellenge her?

I think the challegers that comes to challenge Cissy, brings water Pokemon with them before challenging her.
    These 'What if' question will remain unanswerd forever.
    Besides, it's a change from normal gym battles.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 6th August 2013 at 6:47 PM.
    Pokémon XY

I have rewacthed this episode and I have something else to say about it. The gym chanellenge was stupid and boring at the same time, I wasn't interested in the gym leader and her annoying little brother and the less I carry about Tracey the better. The only two thing I found entertaining was Team Rocket, but that doesn't save this episode from blowing and being a boring episode. I give this episode a D+ for trying something different and failing at it.

Seeing gym challenges like this is, at times, a rather nice change of pace from the usual gym battle format.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12