Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Crystal Onix! (089)

Why Ash didn't fight against that Onix?
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Because he knew that the sculpter (forgot his name) was the one involved with it, it just wouln't be right if he tried to catch it or even battle it. That's why he didn't intervene when the sculpter was using his Charmeleon.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

I totally loved the premise of a crystal Onix episode. I totally wish we could've had that in the games... and that Mateo guy was pretty awesome ^^ He made such a cute little glass Pikachu figurine at the end. Sadly, it was still a pretty forgettable episode to me.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Wow the crystal onix looks awesome!!!
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

I really liked this episode. It was the first time we saw a Mariil (which became my favorite Pokemon of the time). And the Crystal Onix was really cool. Pretty much an early version of Steelix (I wouldn't be surprised if thats where they got the idea for Steelix from).
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

Rarely do we get such interesting Pokemon like an Onix made out of crystal-like minerals. I loved this episode since the character of the day was actually interesting. I mean, how can you not like a glassmaker and his Charmeleon who are on a quest to find the one thing that can inspire them? I just really liked the story and the characters. I also loved Tracey's Marill's debut. It's one of the best 2nd Gen Pokemon. 9/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 13th April 2011 at 10:12 AM.

This episode was ok. That crystal Onix was really cool. Too bad Ash wasn't really able to get a chance to catch it. Seeing Tracy's Marill was really cool.

22/100

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Rarely do we get such interesting Pokemon like an Onix made out of crystal-like minerals :O

I loved it. A glassmaker and his Charmeleon on a guest to find the one thing that can inspire them; a special Onix.

Loved Tracey's Marill's debut. It's one of the best 2nd Gen Pokemon, 9/10
    I love that you said exactly what I wanted to say! The little sculpture that Ash received at the end was also a nice catch. Awesome seeing a crystal Onix. They should've made the shiny Onix in the game this color.

9/10
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

Just one question about this episode.
    First, let me say that it's been a looooong time since I've seen many episodes from before the Orange Islands arc.

My question is:

Was this Marills very first anime appearance?
    I kind of have a feeling it might not have been.

Edit: Disregard my question. Just read the posts, and it seems this was Marills first anime appearance.
    Last edited by Painkiller2001; 8th March 2011 at 7:57 PM.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller2001 View Post
    My question is:

Was this Marills very first anime appearance?
    I kind of have a feeling it might not have been.

Edit: Disregard my question. Just read the posts, and it seems this was Marills first anime appearance.
    Well, it was its first appearance on TV. A Marill was shown in the first movie, though, in the Pikachu short.

I really liked how Tracey had a Marill - I thought it was so cute! ^^
    The whole crystal Onix thing was very interesting. I thought it was so cool that an Onix could be made of crystals. It looked really pretty and I was really impressed by the fact that it could swim in the water and not get hurt by it or anything.

I wouldn't mind catching a crystal Onix. It's better than a shiny Onix.

My ideal battle ever!

I like the concept of this episode. Though catching a Crystal Onix would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEpicGoomba View Post
    I like the concept of this episode. Though catching a Crystal Onix would be cool.
    I agree.

It was cool at the end, when Ash got like a small crystal Pikachu model.
    It makes me wonder if there are more crystal pokemon out there

It was a nice twist in the anime. It would also be nice to see them adding these unusual variations of Pokemon to the games. =D

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/24ni8gz.png[/IMG]
    Dracaena - Giovanni Rank

0647 - 8370 - 0522

OSL GYM LEADER # 8 - FLYING

The crystal Onix was certainly an interesting thing to see. Now we need a diamond Steelix. I didn't really see the point in battling the Onix but I guess they couldn't go an episode without a battle. The characters of the day weren't memorable at all though.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

This was an interesting episode. It was nice to see something so different, but it does make you think that there could be many variations of Pokémon in the Pokémon world. So it would be nice to see more of these unusual Pokémon.

xxx

This episode was nice with the crystal Onix! ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    This was an interesting episode. It was nice to see something so different, but it does make you think that there could be many variations of Pokémon in the Pokémon world. So it would be nice to see more of these unusual Pokémon.
    I totally agree with you! The crystal Onix was a special and nice idea, I'd like to see more of those kind of unusual Pokemon!

I have this episode on DVD and I like it, this is a cool and rewatchable episode, 9/10.

The crystal Onix was awesome and boy did I enjoyed just the whole synopsis of this episode. For a filler, this was very strong and nice to watch. So far, the Orange Islands are very enjoyable because it's totally different than its predecessor.

It was amazing seeing an Onix made out of crystal. But, I wonder how it got like that? Well, there's always a mystery in the Pokemon World. And Jessie and James looked like the Ginyu Force while they were saying their names. xD

It's nice to see a Onix made out of Crystal/Steel, I think this Onix is the early version of Steelix. Also, Tracy's Marill debuted in this episode. which, in my opinion, is good because it debuted before the 2nd gen games came out. Overall, this was an interesting episode.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 15th September 2013 at 9:33 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

My theory is the Crystal Onix was a Delta Species.

I loved that episode with the Crystal Onix and was bummed when after that trainer with the Magmar didn't catch that Ash didn't decide to catch it. (what about you guys?) Also I feel that the Crystal Onix is an awesome pokemon and would have been nice to see even Brock use it or Ash. Lastly I have given the Crystal Onix a nickname that I believe is really cool and fits so perfectly that when you read for the first time on the web right here from me that you will start to refer to it by the nickname for even. Ready? Well here is the nickname I came up with for the Crystal Onix after I first saw that episode by the same name is Crystalix and remember I coined the name and that it is entirely something that I made up so if anybody ttys to claim that they came up with that name call them out on it and set up a link to this page where it indeed did appear on the web for the first time and was coin by me.

So now let the discussion begin!

favorite orange league episode

Claimed EmolgaAS TeamAsk.fm
    #1 Emolga Fan!

Even after my second viewing of this episode, it still is neat to see an Onix made out of crystal.
    Also neat to see Marills first appearance before it's generating is even out.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123