Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bye Bye, Psyduck! (093)

this was an ok episode. Too bad Psyduck didn't really end up evolving... Golduck's moves were really cool, the way it does them unlike how psyduck does the attacks. Golduck definitely liked Misty.

30/100

I thought Mistys Psyduck actually evolved! It really had me fooled for a minute!

Nevertheless, Golduck is kind of an awesome Pokemon now! Who apparently likes to impress the ladies the way Brock does!
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

This was a very funny episode, especially at the end where the Golduck was trying to impress those girls (a Pokemon version of Brock indeed!).

I too thought Psyduck had evolved. It made me sad because I really liked Psyduck and thought it would be gone forever. So, I was very happy (and surprised) to see Psyduck pop out of the Pokeball at the end.

Very confusing as a kid lol

To bad that Psyduck didn't evolve I love Golduck soo much 7/10

Lol I loved this episode because I did end up thinking that Psyduck would evolve into Golduck. Like the majority of people, I'm glad it didn't evolve. Psyduck's been one of my all time favourite Pokemon on the anime series just because of how aggravated Misty gets with it. xD

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/24ni8gz.png[/IMG]
    Dracaena - Giovanni Rank

0647 - 8370 - 0522

OSL GYM LEADER # 8 - FLYING

Golduck was so cool. Marina's useful Psyduck was a great change of pace from Misty's useless one. Now I kind of wished that Psyduck actually evolved while Misty was on the show. It was nice that Ash and Tracey weren't as involved here as they usually are.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Yeah it was nice to see an episode that's not based mainly around Ash. I would have been quite sad if Psyduck had evolved because Psyduck has got to be one of the best Animé Pokémon ever. The Golduck was quite creepy. I didn't think it was possible for Pokémon to be like Brock...

xxx

this was a nice episode... psyduck showing all his intelligence XD

One of my favorite episodes of the Orange Islands. Misty & Marina's fixation for Water Pokemon was my favorite part and Ash just standing there was hilarious. Marina would have been a great rival for Misty. Someday I hope both of them will be able to catch one of the legendarys that live in the ocean, just like they promised they would.
    Last edited by Blessed; 3rd September 2012 at 5:06 PM.

Great episode that primarily was focused on Misty. I actually was quite happy that Psyduck remained Psyduck. What I rather hope for is that hopefully after Unova is finished, Misty reappears and then she has a awesome Golduck. I'm quite certain she will like Golduck the most - it's awesome water Pokémon so she must have fond for something like that.

I remember this being one of the better Orange Island Episodes. Golduck was cool, but his interest in Misty could be ...disturbing, if you think about it too much.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Haha. I guess since Brock was gone they had to have someone flirt with the girls. I would have liked it better if was Misty's Staryu vs Marine's Starmie better than what they were matched up against.

'It's a Pokémon version of Brock'.

I laughed there~
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    'It's a Pokémon version of Brock'.

I laughed there~
    Me too. xD
    There was that and Misty's complaint that everyone said bad things about Phsyduck then Ash going, "The one who said most of those things was Misty..."

Yeah haha, the Pokemon version of Brock was a great quote and reference to him, considering at the time we had know idea he'd ever come back. Great episode focusing on Misty, shame Marina never appeared again though!

Golduck at the end was perfect. "The Pokemon version of Brock" I'll never forget those words XD
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

By far my favourite Orange Islands episode. I love Misty and Psyduck's relationship, and the episode is really good with the fakeout. The CotD was also decent and a good battler.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

This episode suck and why was it needed? Really the battles were too short and not showing my the strengh of Misty or the Oc trainer. Misty did have her durp moments for this episode where she threw an empty Pokeball. Really I think Misty and the other were stupid about psduck evolving into a Goduck because there should've been a shine that Psyduck was evolving. And the fangirling over him was way too much. My stomach ate itself and my brain went south for the winter after seeing that. Team rocket came and caught the Pokemon and Golduck help out. Golduck beat the Oc then revilves itself to be wild and mostly a Pokemon clone of Brock making it even wrost

Man, what a weird episode. Misty being worried about Psyduck at the beginning was good, but at same time it's kinda odd considering how she treated it throughout the series. Eventually a girl named Marina found Misty's Psyduck(not really), and gave it back to her. I thought Marina's design was pretty good... but her personality seemed like almost similar to Misty, since she was just as crazy about Water Pokémon. As I expected, they got along very well. both of them were interested in fishing lures, and they also wanted to catch one of the Legendary Pokémon of the sea. They were so busy talking to each other that they seemed to forgot about Ash and Tracy. I didn't like how Misty said she wanted to trade her 'rare' Psyduck for Tentacruel, it was just dumb. If she truely likes her Psyduck, why would she want to trade it for a Tentacruel? Even if it's a lie, Misty shouldn't have said something like that.

Their constant talking was starting to get boring, but thankfully Marina challenged Misty to a Pokémon battle and she accepts the challenge. During the battle, Misty tossed out a PokéBall to bring out her Psyduck, but it fell into water empty? What? Did Misty forgot how her Psyduck's Pokéball looks like??

Anyway, Misty went to get her Pokéball from water. When she pulled it up, there was a Pokémon's head stuck in it. The Pokémon was revealed to be a Golduck and everybody thought that Psyduck evolved! Misty was extremly happy to see Psyduck evolving into Golduck, so she ran over and gave it a nice hug... which she never did when it was a Psyduck. I faceplamed when Misty said that nobody will yell at it like they did to Psyduck. SHE was the one who yelled at Psyduck the most, and now she's blaming it on the others? Was that supposed to be funny?

The battle between Misty and Marina was getting good, but Team Rocket inturrupted the battle and stole Marina's Pokémon in order to get Pikachu. But their plans backfired when Golduck blastem them off and saved the day! After giving Golduck a loving hug and thanking it, Misty and Marina continued their battle. Golduck defeating Marina's Pokémon made sense since it was clearly stronger than most of her Pokémon.

The episode was good so far, but suddenly it got weird when Misty tried to call Golduck back in its Pokéball.... but Psyduck came out of it! Whoa, Misty's Psyduck was inside her Pokéball the WHOLE time and she didn't even realized it?! It got weirder when Golduck saw some cute girls on the beach and ran off to impress them. So, the Golduck was actually a wild Pokémon and he acted as Misty's Pokémon just to get her attention? Geez, what a ridiculous plot twist. On top of that, the girls started fangirling over Golduck, which made the whole thing even worse. Misty's comment about Golduck being "the Pokémon version of Brock" is true, but weird at the same time. Why would a Pokémon try to impress people like that anyway?
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 31st March 2014 at 7:25 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I still thought Misty's Psyduck evolved in this episode. When she sent "her" Golduck out and out popped Psyduck, I was like "what?"
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Sigh. Golduck was so awesome here and I wish that it had been Misty's all along. The writers really pulled an effective plot twist here by making it a wild Golduck. Anyway, I enjoyed Misty's battle with Marina though; we rarely saw Misty as a battler in OS, so it was refreshing to see her challenge Marina and almost win.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123