Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Joy of Pokémon! (094)

I wonder why the other Joy in the Orange Islands aren't tanner like this Joy is. You'd think that working in a tropical paradise would make them a little darker. Anyway, the rest of the episode, outside of the darker Nurse Joy, was boring.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

^ I think this particular Nurse Joy worked outside more often than the others. But I do remember other Nurse Joys on the boat being tan themselves.

When I think of the Orange Islands, this is pretty much the episode that comes to mind. I personally think this is one of the more memorable episodes from the season, probably because of a super-strong Joy and a giant Magikarp. You know, come to think of it, perhaps this story was inspired from Clifford the Big Red Dog? Clifford grew up because he was loved so much, and Joy loved the Magikarp a lot. So I figured that was why the Magikarp grew so big, and not so much because it might have inherited some giant genes.

Anyway, I found this episode enjoyable. It's rather heart-warming to see the Magikarp attempt to protect Nurse Joy, and to see it evolve because of its determination was one of my favorite evolutions. (I can't even remember if James kicked it*SHOT*)

If I can find it, I'd watch it over and over, it's definitely one of my favorites. And since I am a bit older now, I might discover new things about it, who knows. I might even actually not end up liking it :O, but it seems rather unlikely, since I do have fond memories of the episode.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Well, this Nurse Joy was a lot more badass than the others. That was some next level rowing! And the baby Nurse Joy was so cute, as were them Seel at the end. I also like how Jigglypuff returns. Best part of the episode has to be when Psyduck comes out and can't swim... lol! Sort of a shame how the Gyarados wasn't huge considering how large Magikarp was.

xxx

This episode was okay, I wonder how Brock would react with a tanner, stronger Nurse Joy. ?
    Last edited by Blessed; 3rd September 2012 at 3:33 PM.

Wow, super Nurse Joy. Awesome. Anyway, this episode was pretty solid done and a good premise to the next gym battle too. I think the fillers from the first gym battle in the Orange Archipelago to the second gym were really well done.

That's one powerful Nurse Joy. I bet she could wrestle with a Machamp and win. xD It was good episode, I wish the Magikarp evolved into a much larger Gyarados to be honest.

Whoa, this tan Nurse Joy was stornger than the other Joys, she's really unique. I liked how Gyarados was potrayed nicely in this episode. Overall, this was a decent episode.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

This was one of those episodes where I was thinking "Why isn't Brock here to meet this Nurse Joy?"
    I have a feeling he would explode if he met a tanned and athletic Nurse Joy.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12