Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Navel Maneuvers! (095)

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    She only acted like she was attracted, she wanted to make Ash jealous to test his love. She wasn't attracted to Danny at all. By the way, Danny is too old for Misty. Misty said "I prefer the mature, intellectual type", and she only said that to hide and deny her love for Ash, which is definitely there. Misty isn't attracted to mature, intellectual people, she's attracted to Ash.
    If she was trying to make him jealous it might have been better to go for someone who was a little younger. I felt he was such a cradle robber and that she was a testicle digger.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Again, what? Misty has always been more mature than Ash. This is why she got along with Brock alot other than with the whole ear pulling events. Plus, she did gravitate towards Rudy because he was mature too. Even though she likes Ash, she still thought he was too much of a kid for her. Just like Iris is doing.

Man, girls are something else, are we?
    No, Misty was and still is totally in love with Ash. There's definitely more than just liking each other between Ash and Misty. Sorry for being a PokeShipper...

Quote Originally Posted by UnbelievableUrsula View Post
    If she was trying to make him jealous it might have been better to go for someone who was a little younger. I felt he was such a cradle robber and that she was a testicle digger.
    Danny was just there and there wasn't another option on the island (Tracey, but he might experience Misty faking that she's attracted to him as a little weird). Misty never really fell in love with Danny, and Danny is a pedophile (at least, I assume he is, I think he's 25-30 years old, so he's too old for Misty). And about Misty saying ""I prefer the mature, intellectual type": she and Ash are often in denial about their relationship when it comes up in conversation, this is an example of that.

I just think that they should have been a better way of doing things instead of like that. Since she had a big mouth, she should have opened it more instead of subjecting herself to someone who you said she didn't like.

My ideal battle ever!

I think Misty 'did' have a little crush on Danny because he was mature and complimented her (same with Rudy), which is something Ash didn't do very often.

So don't freak out about Misty liking Danny; it doesn't mean she doesn't love Ash! It's just that her relationship with Ash was a constant struggle and she enjoyed being adored now and then.

Bulbasaur was an awesome driver!

Quote Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
    I think Misty 'did' have a little crush on Danny because he was mature and complimented her (same with Rudy), which is something Ash didn't do very often.

So don't freak out about Misty liking Danny; it doesn't mean she doesn't love Ash! It's just that her relationship with Ash was a constant struggle and she enjoyed being adored now and then.
    It didn't mean that she loved him either. It just meant she was playing games instead of opening her big mouth.

My ideal battle ever!

Anyway, it was fairplay from Ash to stop when Danny felt in Team Rocket's hole.

Quote Originally Posted by silent_control View Post
    Anyway, it was fairplay from Ash to stop when Danny felt in Team Rocket's hole.
    No it wasn't. It was almost a pity badge if he didn't make him finish the challenge.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Re-watched this today, this was deifnately the lamest of the Orange Islands badges Ash received. I probably liked it when I was a kid, but now...not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji View Post
    Re-watched this today, this was deifnately the lamest of the Orange Islands badges Ash received. I probably liked it when I was a kid, but now...not so much.
    Eh, I liked it well enough. Nice to see Squirtle get more screentime too.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Eh, I liked it well enough. Nice to see Squirtle get more screentime too.
    Danny was pretty boring compared to Cissy, Rudy, and Luana IMO. His interactions with Misty were fun enough though.

I absolutely enjoyed the hell out of this episode. The whole premise about this gym match was awesome and unique. Just that feeling of Ash having to work together with all of his Pokémon which culminated in that hilarious race was great. This one I strongly remember lol.

So Ash finds out he has competition for Misty. Overall a great episode.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji View Post
    Danny was pretty boring compared to Cissy, Rudy, and Luana IMO. His interactions with Misty were fun enough though.
    That's because he was older and more mature. But as you said, being mature doesn't mean you can't be boring also.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    That's because he was older and more mature. But as you said, being mature doesn't mean you can't be boring also.
    Maybe, I found Drake to be really bland.. But that's just me.. Danny had cool pokemon.. Nidoqueen, Scyther, Electrode.. Pretty cool choices.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Drake was a bit boring than the other champions. This is why I'm not a friend of Dragonite even till this day.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Navel Maneuvers!!

Arriving on Navel Island, Ash meets the Gym Leader Danny who Misty has a crush on. The first challenge Ash must face is to climb the mountain...followed by a geyser freezing contest, an ice carving contest and a mountain race. Will Ash be able to win with this or will he land head first in the snow?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
    That's not canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Latios View Post
    Hey Joe, I can`t agree with you. I think, Misty has never had a crush on him.
    He was just super nice for her, but probably, he is nice for almost every girl. I belive, Misty wanted make Ash jealous that why she talked to Danny.
    She said something like "Young kids are not interesting for me. I like adult guys". Ha! They are not interesting...ha! Everybody knows, she has a big crush on Satoshi!
    I agree. I think she was flattered by Danny's compliment, that she used the "I prefer mature guys" line to hide her feelings for Ash (because Danny knew Misty has feelings for Ash), and that she acted like she was cheering for Danny to motivate Ash. And by trying to make Ash jealous, she could see if Ash would show jealous reactions, to see whether Ash loves her or not. And Ash's jealous reaction was what Misty wanted: Ash showed that he loves Misty.

I also don't think Misty would be attracted to a guy who is two or three times her age.

I'm not saying that Misty liking Danny is impossible, but I don't think Misty is attracted to him. But Misty liking Danny certainly isn't canon.
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 26th December 2012 at 9:07 PM.

I agree with you AquaMilotic!

Like you said about the line when Misty says she prefre "mature guys". Okay no one with eyes can deny that Misty likes Ash (I think it's clear Ash likes her too but he has way less hints so I can understand people having a question about that part) which show us one thing. That specific line is not true and is only used to see what reaction Ash will have. This thing with Misty trying to make him jealous is very clear in the entire episode and you can clearly see that Ash is getting angry about it and falls of the mountain cause he gets to distracted by the fact that "Maybe Misty likes him more then me".

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaUGS View Post
    I agree with you AquaMilotic!

Like you said about the line when Misty says she prefre "mature guys". Okay no one with eyes can deny that Misty likes Ash (I think it's clear Ash likes her too but he has way less hints so I can understand people having a question about that part) which show us one thing. That specific line is not true and is only used to see what reaction Ash will have. This thing with Misty trying to make him jealous is very clear in the entire episode and you can clearly see that Ash is getting angry about it and falls of the mountain cause he gets to distracted by the fact that "Maybe Misty likes him more then me".
    I'm glad you agree. Misty didn't really like Danny, but Ash felt like he was a potential threat to his relationship, and acted like that.

Do you also think Misty cheering for Danny was meant to motivate him?

How do you mean with cheering?
    Haven't seen the episode for a while so don't remember the episode in detail but is Misty really cheering for him?

I know she tells Danny to be extra carefull when he climbs in those mountains (and Ash ofc is getting angry about it) and yeah that part is most likely to make Ash jealous. If you do get jealous in this situation you will work even harder to win. Misty knows that Ash is very competitive so it's a perfect way for her to try to understand what Ash thinks about her. And if the answer is what she want it to be (like it is) then he will be even more motivated to win. But I don't think giveing Ash more motivation was the biggest reason for why she acted like she did.

She wanted to see if Ash did get jealous and that was the main thing she went for. Even if he ended up more motivated too.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaUGS View Post
    How do you mean with cheering?
    Haven't seen the episode for a while so don't remember the episode in detail but is Misty really cheering for him?

I know she tells Danny to be extra carefull when he climbs in those mountains (and Ash ofc is getting angry about it) and yeah that part is most likely to make Ash jealous. If you do get jealous in this situation you will work even harder to win. Misty knows that Ash is very competitive so it's a perfect way for her to try to understand what Ash thinks about her. And if the answer is what she want it to be (like it is) then he will be even more motivated to win. But I don't think giveing Ash more motivation was the biggest reason for why she acted like she did.

She wanted to see if Ash did get jealous and that was the main thing she went for. Even if he ended up more motivated too.
    Well, I mean this:
    - Misty waved at Danny from the cable car, not at Ash.
    - Misty offered Danny to share her blanket, she didn't offer that to Ash.

She seemed to support Danny more than Ash, I think it was for jealousy and motivational purposes.

I agree, she mostly wanted to see jealousy, and the motivation was just an added thing.

Okay now I know what you mean. When I think a little bit about it I think she only did it for making him jealous. She has been liking Ash for such a long while so it's not weird she is trying to figure out what he feels and what she is doing is a good way to get a clue at least.

Ash already is so motivated so I don't think Misty feelt he need that. But yeah the fact Ash see Danny as a threat is adding motivation for him too but like you said I think it was a more added thing that came out of her intentions.

Oh this episode had Pokeship written all over it. It was funny to see someone else interest Misty. It was hilarious to see Ash get jealous. Oh this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Oh this episode had Pokeship written all over it. It was funny to see someone else interest Misty. It was hilarious to see Ash get jealous. Oh this episode.
    In the original didn't Ash only get jealous because he questioned Misty as a friend for rooting for Danny? Just curious is all, it's what I've heard at least. =P I loved the raft building scene, I thought it was awesome. =P Even though I am not a Pokeshipper I can't deny that statement though. =P I do remember Ash getting ticked off and falling off the mountain cuz Misty was paying too much attention to Danny. =P And then there's 'You always hurt the ones you love.' =P
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Raspberyl View Post
    In the original didn't Ash only get jealous because he questioned Misty as a friend for rooting for Danny? Just curious is all, it's what I've heard at least. =P I loved the raft building scene, I thought it was awesome. =P Even though I am not a Pokeshipper I can't deny that statement though. =P I do remember Ash getting ticked off and falling off the mountain cuz Misty was paying too much attention to Danny. =P And then there's 'You always hurt the ones you love.' =P
    *Points to the posts above* I didn't want to get caught up in those, so I just posted that. xDDD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast