Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snack Attack! (096)

Default Snack Attack! (096)

Snack Attack!

Arriving on the Grapefruit Islands, Ash discovers that there is a Snorlax going from Island to Island eating all the Grapefruits. Ash is emplored to help stop the Snorlax...but the Snorlax proves to be Slippery...Can Ash stop it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

How could the Snorlax eat that much. A Snorlax is supposed to eat about 400 kilogramsof food. Judging by their size, the grape fruit were about half a kilogram. That means Snorlax should have only eaten 800 grape fruit and fall to sleep. Yet he was able to devastate two Islands and destroy half the crop on another. Maybe the swimming gave him an appitite.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Hales Guest

You know when I first watched this episode and Ash caught Snorlax, I wondered why Ash really caught it, but then I watched the Johto League matches that Ash put Snorlax through, and I'm now thoroughly happy that Ash has a Snorlax

Trying to put Snorlax to sleep was hilarious. Misty tryed to put him to sleep by counting Snorlax. Snorlax was actually counting the whole time. Then Psyduck came and started laughing at her.
    Team Rocket tried to sing it to sleep. Snorlax wasn't too hapy about that.
    Yeah!

Mistystar89 Guest

^Yup, that part was really funny. I laughed when she fell asleep and Psyduck made fun of her. XD It was funny when Snorlax almost ate Misty's Goldeen XDD Overall 9.3/10

staticbear Guest

i saw that episode and i love snorlax he has big feet, plus the cool jigglypuff sing concert was funny but why was ash crying with bulbasaur at the end in the memories part.

I remember the first time I saw this one, I wasn't quite sure if Ash really captured Snorlax, since you never see him regain the Poké Ball he uses to contain him. It caused me quite a bit of confusion at the time, since I was working on the preliminary version of what would become "Pokémon the Movie 8.5" and I wanted to get everyone's lineup accurate.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

vulpix Guest

it was so funny when Snorlax almost ate Goldeen.

It was funny watcing this episode the same day (later in the day) as "The Garden of Eatin'", since this was the episode where Ash caught Snorlax, and TGOE was his first appearance since season five.

This was a pretty good episode. It was definitely just about as good as "Wake Up Snorlax", since they were once again trying to take on a snorlax. I like how they set up the stage for Jigglypuff, Misty trying to get snorlax to count snorlaxes , snorlax using Lickitung's tongue for a napkin (LOL), Bulbasaur and Victreebel getting squished flat as pancakes, and Ash saying that snorlax is doing the "Blubberfly". At least Snorlax has proven to be a great addition to Ash's team, even though he's rarely used, so the capture was definitely worth it (especially for the islands' sakes).

One quibble, though, is that I think the grapefruit grower was just a *little* too overprotective of her crop. I can certainly understand it to a point, but for gosh sakes, with the big fat grapefruits that are hard to open I don't think people are going to be taking that many at once.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

The multiple felt-tip markers Misty prepared for Jigglypuff were awesome.

i thought it was a fun and good episode. ash shouldve kept snorlax in his team more often though. snorlax episodes are always fun to watch

An awesome epi. Snorlax was kool. I mean i didnt expect it to swim from island to island so that was kool. Ahh jiggly saving the day again. 8/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Snorlax was so funny here, and when it almost ate Goldeen, it was funny, but TR's attempt to put Snorlax to sleep was priceless

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I did not no why ash got a snorlax in the first place but when i saw it battle I understood why and I wish ash would use it more.

It was a OK episode. Ash captures a Snorlax.

This one was defenitly a winner, Jigglypuff should have stuck around.

A funny episode, I got a Laugh out of watching the gang try to put Snorlax to sleep and then luring out Jigglypuff in order to put Snorlax to sleep. Congrats to Ash for catching himself a Snorlax now he has a full compliment of 6 Pokemon with him.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I definitely miss the days when the following-the-team pokemon such as Jiggly were intergrated into the plot of the episode and not just an annoying pokemon that popped up every now and then.
    Need: Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles, Pokemon DP: Sinnoh League Victors, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

To Be Continued

This episode was hilarious. That pretty much says it all for me.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

man snorlax almost ate goldeen, i'm glad it went okay, anyway it's a fun episode.

Anyone notice at the end when Ruby said "Next year, we might have even more fruit."

Last I checked, trees didn't grow in a year. Let alone grow and produce fruit...

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I can't believe that Snorlax almost ate a Goldeen! (lol ever wonder which fish-like Pokémon would be used to make sushi? *shot*)

I remember this swimming Snorlax... Ash caught it, which is cool ^^ I don't think we've ever really seen it swim again... well except in his match against Clair later on...

I liked the episode; mostly because they were trying to put it to sleep, rather than wake it up like they did in "Wake Up, Snorlax!" XD
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Quote Originally Posted by Tadashi View Post

I liked the episode; mostly because they were trying to put it to sleep, rather than wake it up like they did in "Wake Up, Snorlax!" XD
    I completely missed that irony. Except they had better luck putting this Snorlax to sleep than trying to wake up that other one.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Good episode. Yay Ash caught a Snorlax :P But really, it was hilarious when Snorlax almost ate Goldeen xD

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

This was a reasonably entertaining episode, one which looked like it was just going to be a regular filler, until the very end. I was pleasantly surprised when Ash actually managed to catch the Snorlax, largely because it was so different from any kind of Pokemon he'd owned before (a pure normal type, for one thing - Raticate doesn't count), and he'd gone for so long with only five pokemon on his regular team that I'd been curious as to whether he'd ever pick up and travel with a sixth. By the time the Orange adventures were up, I was seriously beginning to question whether there had really been any point to his obtaining Snorlax, since, though it did have a pivotal role in the "Food Fight" episode, it was barely ever used in battles, and had to be dumped at Oak's lab before the big climactic battle after proving its uselessness upon that particular occasion, presumably never to have a place upon Ash's regular roster again. Still, it's good that Ash hasn't forgotten it, and that he's still willing to have it sent over and harness its incredible strength every so often so, in the long run, I'd say that Snorlax has proven its worth.
    Last edited by Raikipper; 8th January 2009 at 11:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast