Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Mandarin island Miss-Match! (101)

Good episode but I didn't see much of a point to it really ._. But it was cool to see an elite 4 there.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 9:27 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

well this was a nice episode of course, a friend of mine has this on DVD we watched it last week^^

The battle with Prima was good, it shows that she definetley deserves to be an Elite 4 member.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Nice episode, Prima is a great trainer who kick Ash's Pokemon =3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode is great because Prima makes her appearance here. Seeing how she don't pay attention to Ash's command to a match, she does so later on, but he loses.
    This account is dead

-----------------------------------------------------

PSN: Shokanabo
    MSN: blue.ball.electricity@live.de
    FB: http://www.facebook.com/Shokanabo

I totally loved Prima's entrance. Even Ash's eyes bugged, and he hasn't shown interest in a girl since Giselle way back in Kanto! XD Man, she really does have quite a rack O_o;
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Prima huh? Nice....

I enjoyed seeing Ash lose to an Elite Trainer. Though to be honest, I didn't know "Prima" as of the Elite Four at this point because I hadn't played the games.

I liked her team though, it was similar to her ingame team. 8/10

Prima was so strong, i think she was the strongest trainer in the show in those times.

And i loved how she battled with Ash, calmly but very tough.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Why did they call her Prima?! Her name is Lorelei!

7.5/10

This is a great episode. Ash does act a bit of a jerk in this episode like he does in a lot of episodes. By the time of that episode, I think Ash should already know that his Pokemon battle for him because they care and that boasting all the time isn't gonna make him a Pokemon master. It just proves how dumb he can be at times.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    This is a great episode. Ash does act a bit of a jerk in this episode like he does in a lot of episodes. By the time of that episode, I think Ash should already know that his Pokemon battle for him because they care and that boasting all the time isn't gonna make him a Pokemon master. It just proves how dumb he can be at times.
    Epic post. you just described ash in 3 sentences. 1 Mistake though: Ash is always a jerk, and he will never change.

Not really. I think he was really kind in Sinnoh.

My ideal battle ever!

In think episode, Ash was too much stressed and nervous.

^Prima's Slowbro and actually most of her pokemon were able to control the opponenet's moves. That's why Ash's Pikachu looked so miserable during the battle...

I wonder why they didn't make Misty battle Prima instead of Ash like Dawn tried against Lucian. Even though she wouldn't have won neither, she would made a better oponent for her.

My ideal battle ever!

A month ago, I've watched some Orange Islands episodes on old videos (VHS). Then this one came along. My mother immediately noticed Primas breasts. Brock should've been there.

I don't care, I don't see animated characters as "hot" of "sexy".

Aside from that, nice episode. Especially Charizard misbehaving and seeing Ash losing, he was way too arrogant that episode.

Milotic
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 1st December 2010 at 12:01 PM.

Disliked the Prima=Water thing they pulled. She's an Ice Trainer, doggone it.

Yea, she was ice not water. Although it was still a nice episode with an okay battle.

I thought someone was either going to get smacked by one of Prima's boobs or someone was going to say something about her figure. I really thought that this was one of those episodes that the writers must have forgot to ban and that we was almost about to see it.

My ideal battle ever!

Ash definitely learned very valuable lessons in this episode. This was an episode that he really deserved to lose, especially against Prima of the Elite 4. The battle itself was very cool.

20/100

Ash said he was "invincible"!

This coming from the kid who came in only the top 16 in the Kanto League!
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I really liked this episode when I saw it. I enjoyed Ash's battle with Prima, and was actually glad that he lost since he deserved it after being so cocky earlier. But, I did find Prima's, er, chest to be a little disturbing...

Also, I didn't know that Prima was really Lorelei. I didn't play any of the first gen games until a few years after this episode aired (and I had forgotten about this episode when I played Yellow). It wasn't until I read the Fame Checker in FRLG that I realized that Prima = Lorelei. I find it a bit embarrassing. :/

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    Ash definitely learned very valuable lessons in this episode. This was an episode that he really deserved to lose, especially against Prima of the Elite 4. The battle itself was very cool.

20/100
    He "learns" lessons in Brave the Wave too when he gets overconfident thinking he can just win by power alone.

A great episode. It's always great to see Ash get smacked around by an Elite Four member every once in a while and it's even better when it's overconfident Ash. Not much to say outside of that though. The banter between Ash and Misty was nice. Perverse psychology.~

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I absolutely loved this episode! It was great to see someone way stronger than Ash, and she has a likable personality... and a bit too much going on in certain areas for a kids show. I liked seeing her Slowbro disabling Ash's Charizard, and just the way she battled everyone in general. The only thing I wanted to see was a Misty vs Prima battle. They made her some Water icon for some reason, so they should have had a great battle, rather than Ash at the end.

xxx

This episode was great, Misty seeing her idol Prima for the first time was very cool. I just wish they had a battle instead of Ash because of Misty's goal to become a Water Master.
    Last edited by Blessed; 3rd September 2012 at 4:43 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast